Responsible for inspecting OCTG (oil country tubular goods) stored at third party storage yards / facilities. Monitor threading and coupling processes routinely and determining best course of action when problems occur. Negotiating and scheduling services such as repairs, threading, delivery, and shipping. Partnering with third party vendors and assisting them with quality initiatives. Reporting all findings back through proper channels so to influence the manufacturing process.
Company: An international distributor and supplier of steel products to the Oil & Gas Industry / Energy Sector. A growing, reputable and solvent company within the steel and energy supply industries.
- Flexibility to handle large volume of inspections and testing of product.
- Ability to identify cost savings and act independently upon them.
- Working on multiple teams and with software systems for inventory management. Training provided for anything in addition to MS Office products.
- Every day travel to steel pipe and tubing storage yards.
- To the highest standard, maintain and exude professionalism, safety consciousness, and appreciation for all levels of customers.
- Knowledge of OCTG: grades & specs, processing, threading, logistics, couplings, protectors.
- Experience in an OCTG Quality role. Exposure to OCTG NDE / NDT (non-destructive testing) is a PLUS.
- Impressive work ethic; “the job needs to get done” attitude. Ability to work in the field, from home, and be on-call for unexpected issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work "out-of-the-box" and find unique solutions to problems.
- Ability to handle ambiguity.
- A PLUS to have supported quality in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to pass drug screen.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Commensurate to experience (range $50,000 - $70,000)
- Car and cell phone allowance
- Considerable annual bonus potential
- Medical & dental insurance, plus retirement match
QA, QC, Quality assurance manager, Quality Control, tubulars
Indeed - 12 months ago
International supplier, processor, and manufacturer of steel products focusing on the oil and gas industry as well as the specialty metals'...