The Saban Free Clinic

The Saban Free Clinic Employee Reviews

Overworked, Underpaid, Underappreciated
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2013
Starting off was an amazing experience, but throught out the years and with all the changes from a free clinic to FQHC everything became a bit more challanging. Patients are amazing although 80% only spoke spanish working there is granted for experience, however, staff have become more overly stressed out and unprofessional, usually lacking in customer service and more worried about the latest gossip within one another. Management always tries to rule with an iron fist, preventing you from taking vacations if already requested 2 weeks in advance due to uncertanty of coverage by providers, management praises those who have the worst customer service or the lazy workers rather than the hard working ones. The company abides by working harder than thinking smarter.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, unable to take a break at times, self-center co-workers, gossip, unbearable management
busy but no one is safe here
front desk (Former Employee) –  los angeles, caMay 11, 2013
the job was great and i have learn so much. i love how it was busy which kills time. the management was not the best. they will not care for no one but for those who were part of their clique. the patients where great to deal but there was no well organized management which made it a headache and stressful. the training was horrible because they do not train you well. they will throw you in boat with no paddles and expect you to row as same as their employees that have been there for 5+ years. overall if i had to rate it will be 2 out of 5
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management, cliques, unorganized, training
Productive and a busy place
ex-employee (Former Employee) –  los angeles, caJuly 12, 2013
It's a good clinic but, they need new management for receptionist. The employee don't have any training they just hire them and expect them to know how the program runs in the clinic. The employees are in a lot of stress and overwhelm and look loss all the time. The wait time for the patient is horrible. Clinic needs faster service and great customer service. The call center is the worse they have you wait more than a hour to answer your call that's if they even answer your call. Patients always complain about the call center and the wait time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short lunches
very busy work place which I liked because it kept me busy
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaJuly 12, 2012
Evey day was busy. Its a community clinic for infants, children, adults, seniors, and the homeless. This is a walk in clinic therefore there was always problems with the patients due to the wait time. I learned many programs and how to maintain myself calm when there is an angry patient. My co-workers ofcourse had good and bad days like anyone else. They were easy to get along with, very friendly people. I believe the hardest part of the job was telling a patient we were not going to be able to see them. It was really hard because some of these patients are waiting outside the doors since 6am to try to get seen, sometimes they would wait until 8pm when we closed and would not be seen. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone and seeing them come out of their appointment with a smile and thanking me for helping them.
Pros
great benefits, paid sick time and vacation time
Cons
unable to take breaks, always short staffed
busy
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2013
in the morning i was the fisrt one to be at work the clinic usual opens at 7:30 then i guide the pt's were they needed to go to or sing we start registering them like me i was in chrge of the walk-ins patient we use to get 12 or 14 pt's in the morning it the depends of the dr that we use to have if not we referr them to diferent county clinics
Pros
pt were frienly and some of the coworkers, insurance health and dental
Cons
no break at all, always trying no chance to take the
A very productive and fun workplace.
Communications & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 4, 2012
Everyone is nice and very helpful at assisting you. I have been volunteering with them for the past few years and I love it. If you're looking for a place to gain some experience and skills and you're interested in volunteering for events, Saban Free Clinic is the place!
Pros
staff is nice! you make new friends while gaining knowledge!
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMarch 7, 2013
The best patient care in the world. Health Care at its Best. Need for more funding programs and services to expand. Helping the community in Los Angeles for free for over 45 years! The Los Angeles Free Clinic is The Saban Free Clinic
Wonderful work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2014
Love the clinic environment and working with the patients.

2.8