The Saddle Ranch Chop House Employee Reviews in United States

great for moving up
Manager & Server (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 26, 2016
You worked 10.5-14 hour days
you wont do any food ordering and your not in charge of liquor orders for your store either
hard to bonus
the serving, bar, and kitchen staff was amazing. they were the most enjoyable
medical benefits were really expensive
Pros
easy to get raises
Cons
no break, benefits were really expensive, hard to get time off
Always hiring... 🤔
Host (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work is being super chill or super busy, you don't decide but you can almost expect it.
What you learn is fluidity. You have it or you don't.
Your management knows more than you. Don't count against it.
Your coworkers can be your best friends or nightmares.
The hardest part of the job is remembering you're at work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting paid.
Pros
Money, Discounts, Good hours, Free food, New people
Cons
Drama, sight seers, tourists, flakes, phonies
fun work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 24, 2016
Great place to work if you are into sports/ having a great time. Room for advancement, Julie is amazing, outstanding people here.
very productive workplace
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 3, 2015
high volume fast paced workplace. also a nightclub atmosphere on weekends . the saddle ranch os a great place to work. great food and family entertainment
Pros
very productive workplace
Cons
i had to move
i was a very new employee when i started ths position but the company cared for the elderly
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 29, 2015
overall it was a decent clean hospital for the elderly and I learned a lot about patience working for this company. I didn't do a lot of cooking here just tray passing and pick up
Energetic workplace with many personalities
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Costa MesaAugust 21, 2015
A typical workday includes frequent interaction with the public and customers. There are many situations in which i must showcase my high level of customer service. i ensure all guests are properly greeted and made welcome. I regularly serve customers, stock condiments and garnish dishes. the hardest part about my job would be having to multi task at a rapid pace. the most enjoyable aspect would be socializing with many different people.
Phenomenal in building a strong F&B team and making it profitable.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJuly 8, 2015
The upper management at Saddle Ranch has a phenomenal ability to build "dream teams" - F&B line level teams that positively impact the guest at every opportunity while being as profitable to the company as possible.
I garnered experience with PNL statements, as well as intense labor, food and beverage management.
The management team that I worked with were stellar at what they did. Best of the best, and I would work with any one of them again.
Corporate Management disapointing
Host / Food Runner / Bar back (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 18, 2015
Would not work their again. The resturant had six Manager in a year. Price went up every six months. Repeats customers stopped returning due to bad service by corporate managers.
Fun workplace environment
Head Host (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Directly interfaced with a high volume of customers on a daily basis.
Was responsible for selling/marketing company merchandise to present customers. Other responsibilities included: cash handling, nightly reports, and restock restaurant for the following shift.
Executive Chef
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 2, 2015
Constantly evaluating meals and food products to ensure that the highest quality standards are maintained.
 Cooking and serving attractive meals made to individual requirements.
 Demonstrating cooking techniques and the correct use of equipment to staff.
 Overseeing the work of the junior catering staff to ensure that all duties are carried out correctly.
 Liaising with managers and kitchen staff regarding customers orders.
server
server (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 2, 2014
Not a great place to work, treated horribly by the GM. Not enjoyable and very stressful.
Pros
met new people
Cons
treated awful by GM
perfect stepping stone job
Host (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 19, 2014
The starting pay is good. They need employees most during halloween, its just disappointing that the job only lasts a month when you are a seasonal hire. Management at the brea store was excellent. Wise, and understanding, and loved to make employees feel comfortable in the work place.
great
Food Expediter (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 23, 2014
management is great. couldn't ask better. wish I went back. miss it alot
fun fast paced work environment
Barback (Former Employee) –  west hollywood, californiaJuly 1, 2014
It was an enjoyable work place. Friendly managers made it a pleasant work setting, and co-workers became family
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
Fun for a short while not a career
Hostess, Head of Retail, Bull Operator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMarch 8, 2014
going into work we do many things such as clean, great and help guest by giving useful information about dishes. helping pep people up and get them to ride the mechanical bull and sale retail for visitors to remember their visit. I learned how to carry many trays and dishes, how to seat servers and how to use open table.
Pros
fun, outgoing, location
Cons
hours, breaks, uniform, drunk visitors
Forever ago
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 7, 2013
I would help the servers and as well serve at times. Making sure the food and everything the patrons needed were at the table. Would train new server assistants and help hostess as well when needed. The management had an open door policy, but went through managers rather quickly. I enjoyed working with everyone the first year I was there, we were all very close. The hardest part of my job was when the servers would forget certain things the patrons had asked for. The most enjoyable was being close with everyone and having fun.
Fun Family Friendly
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 2, 2013
Saddle Ranch was a great place to work. Everyone was incredibly kind and willing to help if there was a problem. Over my time working there I learned many things, mostly about the back of the kitchen. The hardest part of the job I would say would be the Fridays with the local tour group would stop by with a giant reservation, but while that might have been that hardest part I would also say that was one of the fun parts about the job. Getting to see the kitchen in full swing.
Not a good expirence
Manager (Former Employee) –  AZApril 20, 2013
Not a good place to work. Owner is very moody & mean. I would not recommend this expirence. Management has no power or respect. Only if you are friendly with the owner & that won't last. Pass on this & find a place that appreciates & hires talent.
Not fun for managers...
Regional Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 23, 2012
Fun for guests
Not fun for work. the Owner does not let you work, And can fire you based on his mood. Trusts a lot co-workers opinion on you. Everyone id
s so scare of losing their job that they have to lie on others or just lie to impress the owner. Survive one day at time. It is unseen the way the guy runs his business. You can be head of a department but people under you to make decisions as long as they are his friend.
The easiest jobs I ever had.
Pros
easy job.
Cons
too much spying. just be the friend of the owner and you are set.
Productive work staff and enjoyable environment
Assistant Head Of Security/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 17, 2012
Co-workers are very friendly and we always make the customer our number one priority.

2.6