The Salvation Army
2,272 reviews

The Salvation Army Employer Reviews

Good job for people with patience
Collections (Current Employee), Mayagüez, PRDecember 5, 2014
Pros: you get to help people
Cons: if you dont make the quota you re out
Some times its a rewarding job but people these days do not cooperate even though it is for a good cause. My coworkers are great and Ive learned that people have lost the spirit of xmas and the joy of helping others in need.
Happy and Helpful
Donation Hand-Outs at Kroc Center on Lime Kiln Rd (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 4, 2014
Volunteering here everyone there were so nice and friendly. They also also lend a helping hand if in need.
enjoyed the job
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Findlay, OHDecember 4, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: seasonal job
good job like the smile on peoples faces as they donated to people in need
great and fun place to work
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short ten minute break
great place to work for those who love being around the public,it is and was always work to do very busy enviorment
Interesting job involving care of mostly pre school children
Day Care Director (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work involved care of younger children and some latchkey children. It also involved management functions including weekly reports and supervision of two to five employees. The managers were captains in The Salvation Army and very pleasant human beings.
Productive workplace that's flexible
Case Aide (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2014
The company is ok for the most part. I like working with my clients, nice workday overall.
Its Seasonal
Bell Ringer (Seasonal Position) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2014
This is fine if you need something seasonal and you dont mind accepting donations as well as making a little extra christmas cash...
This was something that my family and I volunteered for every year.
Volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CaliforniaDecember 2, 2014
The volunteers got to serve and make meals for homeless and those who are less fortunate than others. I really enjoyed giving back and being able to cater to those who really never get that kind of experience.
A days work on the truck loading it up with house items
Donor Transfer Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: two 15min breaks 5 days a week
Pick up donations such as dressers, dryers, washing machines, tables, chairs, Bags of clothes, bags of toys, boxes of electronics. Pack truck safe and neatly. Ues handtrucks and arm strength to move items around.
Fun place to work awesome co-workers
Store Manager (Former Employee), Newark, DEDecember 1, 2014
Set up displays of merchandise. Sort, tag and hang clothes. Run registar. Interview, hire and fire employees. Make up the weekly schedule. Perform end of shift procedures and reports. Close up store and make deposit.
Fun workplace and good boss
Corps Assistant (Former Employee), Seaside, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: co-workers were great and boss was good
Cons: job security and benefits
Awesome workplace
I got to help people everyday
Boss was really good
Co-workers were super cool and fun
Fun place to work, with wonderful co-workers.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee), Spokane, WANovember 28, 2014
Pros: employee discount and fun people to help and work with, and to learn from.
Cons: there are no open positions right now. i am there on a volunteer basis.
My day at work is varied. Generally, I find out what is needed of me and then fulfill those duties. Dealing with merchandise; gathering old stock for storage, putting out stock from storage and new stock from the warehouse. Put stock back into it's appropriate department. When needed, cashiering; knowing the sales, discounts and specials, and how to – more... count in or open and count out or close my till. Closing for the day is the hardest part because the job is so much fun. The most enjoyable part of my job are my coworkers and the customers that I get to deal with; the people are diverse and are great to help, work with and learn from. – less
great atmosphere and coworkers
Social Service Director (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDNovember 25, 2014
Pros: working with students
Cons: poor wages and no benefits, weak administration
low pay and administration is weak. Mission behind the organization is good, just needs to be followed.
Work worth doing
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Midland, MINovember 23, 2014
• Ring the bell. Set up and maintain a donation kettle on site.
• Meet and greet diverse groups of people on the street, both local and from out of town.
• Counsel, console and or show sympathy and or empathy for those who needed it.
A dynamic work environment
House Manager (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 23, 2014
Pros: challanges
Cons: short lunch breaks
As House manager,I have a busy schedule,managing clients,writing detailed reports on incidents and operation.A typical day involves,managing crisis and resolving issues between clients and forwarding current intake and discharge to NYC Department of Homeless services.

I learn to prioritize my activities in this fluid and dynamic environment,always – more... having crisis.I work with excellent and effective staff,whose efforts contribute to a smooth operation.

Management is key element in my operation. I have a management style that encourages staff,in that,i trained staff to have knowledge in various sectors in our operation,in other words,staff can perform in other areas,if the need arise.

Hardest part,is ensuring compliance by residents on programs,as participation is voluntary.Most enjoyable aspect is successful service delivery. – less
Working with team members pre-paring foods
Assistant Cook (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 20, 2014
● Prepare lunch and dinner meals for in-house individuals and families
● Set-up and clean-up dining hall
● Ensure proper storage of food
● Loading and un-loading of food from delivery trucks
Very fun and wonderful place to work!
Day Care Provider (Former Employee), Princeton, WVNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: not being full time.
A typical day at work would include helping babies all the way to aiding grade school kids with their homework. I learned how to be patient and see that all kids are wonderful. Management there were nice and polite.I enjoyed the fact that my cousin also worked there and she introduced me to the kids. The hardest part of the job was having to correct – more... bad behavior from a child. The most enjoyable part was holding babies and knowing that they loved it. – less
I enjoyed working with the children.
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Alton, ILNovember 20, 2014
When I first started working at Illinois Valley Day Care, I worked the children directly, going on field trips, helping them learn and monitoring them on their play times. A new manager took over and told me I couldn't work with the children anymore and I was demoted to cleaning the toys and restrooms and was no longer allowed to participate with the – more... children. – less
Intake (Former Employee), allentown paNovember 18, 2014
Enjoyed working and helping others. Loved helping others.
Friendly, family fun work environment
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: 50% off colthing
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work I would have to say is being at work on time. My day starts at ten and ends at six p.m. Usual day begins with setting up my cash register cleaning my work station area. I have learned proper preparation, prevents poor performance. Management has always shown me respect and patience on teaching me new things. My co-works are team – more... players as well as fun to work with. They can take a good joke as well as give one and I am one person who is always down for a good laugh. – less

About The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is a Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that works – Read more

The Salvation Army Photos