The Salvation Army

3.0K reviews

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Excellent
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Helping people including me
They are great people to work for.They help so many people including myself.They have been helping people for years. It made you feel good talking to people and all the people willing to help.
A good church as well a good charity.
Homework Tutor (Current Employee), Kearny, NJAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great worship styles! Great music as well, and good philanthropy.
Cons: Few sacrements
I like stability in my life, and one-stop-shopping for my philanthropic efforts, and the Salvation Army provides an outlet for both worship as well as charity.
Friendly and Productive
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed working with The Salvation Army because not only was it working on my favorite season of the year but it gave me a warm feeling inside knowing that I was helping the less fortunate.
Alright work enviroment
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Harlingen, TexasAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Employee respect.
Cons: Insufficent pay.
I've learned that we must depend on our co-workers for a successful work enviroment. Co-workers should always be willing to help each other out.
Good christian eviroment
Driver (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: working every day to help cummunity
Cons: none
My day starts by unloading my truck doing my map routing working with men of salvation army rehabilitation program picking up donations working to help the community with food furniture, appliance and clothing pick up an working with men to improve their lives and job skills
Ok work envionment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 16, 2015
Not a bad job, but after the same routine daily and bickering co-workers, with no job advancement, it quickly gets old. Do not recommend.
It was a wonderful place to work. Fine people and assisting customers
Retail Sales and Cashier (Former Employee), Haverhill, MAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Good working enviroment
Cons: Salary
Great place to work. Fine employees and great customers who I was proud to provide service to them. All who I gave contact with were wonderful people.
Overall
Case Management Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Awesome coworkers, holdiays off, and insurance
Cons: Short lunch break, limited opportunity for growth
If you have a passion to work with homeless individuals, this is the place to be! There is nothing else that I wish to say at this time!
meeting new people
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Jackson, TNAugust 14, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: it was very cold
I liked working with the salvation army flexible hours and it was during Christmas and meeting and greeting people. I enjoyed it.
Soup Kitchen Help
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 14, 2015
A day volunteering would consist of setting up tables, food trays and serving food as well as helping check in those who came to receive a meal.
Productive place
Home Aide (Current Employee), Lawrenceburg TnAugust 13, 2015
Cons: healthcare etc
I learned a lot being in the Health care field .I learned how to work with any one of my kind I learned to be friendly .A typical day at work for me goes good. My coworkers would say they love working with me because im very polite. My most enjoyable moment at my job is getting to learn new things.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Help others
Helping others succeed in life after tragedies. Success in own work space and growth. Make life long commitments to change.
A welcoming non-profit organization that is meets its desire to help others.
Corps Accountant/ HR Specialist (Current Employee), Sanford, FLAugust 12, 2015
The Salvation Army is a non profit organization that is dedicated to help those that require assistance, but it is also about providing an outlet for children in the community a safe and healthy environment where they can have fun and learn. Having been with this company for almost eleven years, I have learned great things about the company and its programs and its stance on helping those in need. Every day I am filled with an understanding of the Salvation Army's purpose to provide, even during instances where all we can provide is a shoulder and an ear. My co-workers and I have created a bond over these few years and believe that in the end, no matter the situation, we are always there to help not only the cases that come through our doors, but also each other with whatever problems arise.
Very good working environment
Director of Child Care Development (Current Employee), MinnesotaAugust 12, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: too far
I love working here, they are helpful and all about helping others. Fun work place, they are truly supportive and mission oriented. All about helping one another and others grow.
Good Health Ins
Store Manager (Former Employee), Comstock Park, MIAugust 10, 2015
Great heath Ins, only req to work 40 hours, good people to work for, closed Sundays. two days off a week this includes Sunday. Vaca, Sick, and Personal days.
Horrible
processing Line (Former Employee), Brighton, MIAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Constant hours
Cons: Co workers bickering like children
I first started to work as a floor assistant. Then was punished for something I didn't do and was sent to processes. We weren't allowed to wear coats in the processing line. I was apparently disrespectful to my supervisor and "rolled my eyes" I have a lazy eye and a stigmatized eye. So they did me a favor by letting me go.
Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2015
It was good to at a place that did good thing for people who couldn't do for themselves. It was sad some days to see the things people felt where trash be a new start for others.
get to see lot of nice items I enjoy people being happy deals in store
Labourer (Current Employee), Brunswick, MEAugust 7, 2015
Pros: people i work with nice most of them work hard to
Cons: wages
I hang between 2000 2800 pieces of clothes a day take old clothes out price clothes depends what needs to get done having this job leaned name brands how get things done fast in organized matter I have nice boss I like people I work with and customers The hardest part is stocking an over stocked section I enjoy it customers can find items they need in right place I feel good when I leave all clothes are done
Great place to work for.
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: christian based program
Cons: seasonal job
The Salvation Army was a great experience, I got to meet great leaders and learn a lot from this experience. It was a great honor for me to work with them and help with the fundraiser. I met kind people while I was out in the field.
Good place to work...
Cashier (Current Employee), Danville, PAAugust 7, 2015
Friendly atmosphere, family type place... if it were not for the fact that I moved and gas expenses have risen immensely, I would not be looking for another job closer to home.