Pros: great staff, awesome volunteers!
Cons: hard place to work with so many sad stories and so many homeless families!
• Recruitment of volunteers to fulfill the needs of those living in the emergency homeless shelter and local Corp needs.
• Assist staff to locate volunteers with the right skills to help residents find jobs, write resumes, get haircuts, learn interviewing skills, find volunteers to mentor residents, provide counseling, graphic design, etc
• Worked with – more... those in need of court ordered community service and literally hundreds of students from Viterbo, UWL and WTC – worked with Sheryl Jacobson, teacher in the nursing program at Viterbo to make her service learning program highly effective for her students.
• Administrator for two large databases to keep stats on volunteer hours and service.
• Developed and lead summer “Feed the Kids” program, “Back to school” program.
• Developed, during Christmas season, “Angel Tree” program, “Coats for Kids” program, recruited bell ringers for the Red Kettle campaign (nearly 3000 this past season)
• Strong multi-tasking skills.
• Kept databases to evaluate programs for improvement. – less