The Salvation Army
2,644 reviews

The Salvation Army United States Employee Reviews

Great company to work for. Full support from coworkers and administration
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
A typical day at work is serving all residents with professionalism and decorum.Ive learned deep compassion and professional services for the homeless and mental health population with 100% support from administration/management. A great relationship developed between my cowokers and myself. The hardest part of this position is holding back emotion during client's moments of sadness or life crisis. The most enjable part of this position is serving our residents overall. I loved serving this population.
Great place to work for when cheering people up.
Bellringer (Former Employee), 2506 Cavitt BryanApril 13, 2015
Pros: great vibes at work
Cons: it was only seasonal
the Bell ringer was a helpful job because it gave me the opportunity
to help those less fortunate. we where able to bring cheerful thoughts and vibes to the community. The management was great they were always polite and eager to work.
Friendly
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Cicero, ILApril 13, 2015
Working with The Salvation Army is wonderful by helping people and doing the most good for the community around you. Helping the need it during Christmas it the most rewarding part for me, seeing happy faces getting a Christmas gift.
Salvation Army ARC
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 12, 2015
Job involved setting up an inventory control system for the 5 salvation army thrift stores in the Grand Rapids area. The job was interesting but unorganized.
It was for a great cause.
3 Kings (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJApril 12, 2015
It was voluntary work and we were giving back to the community. It was nice cause a lot of people got together to celebrate.
Busy, but fun. Open communication is a must.
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIApril 11, 2015
Pros: Working with people, organizing the store, and preparing nightly paper work and deposits.
Cons: Lack of effective communication
Busy, but fun. I learned that when someone's job is at stake due to an accusation of some sort, a true leader will communicate with all parties involved.
Its a job
Corps Officer/ Administrator (Former Employee), Chickasha, OKApril 9, 2015
Pros: Work with good people
Cons: It a ministry
Got your good times and your bad time. Its a ministry so its different than just a job. It is what you make it. Sometime long hours other weeks not bad. But all in all not bad
fun work place
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 9, 2015
it was very nice that i got to meet new people and help the families in need. my co-workers were very friendly and helpful at time. Management was always was on the job.There was nothing really hard bout the job. I enjoyed all the new faces i got to see smiling as i help take the donations for families in need
customer servive representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wilson, NCApril 9, 2015
Job is based primarily on great customer service, following all task as directed and team efforts. Good management. Meeting people.
Fun workplace , but A lot of work
Assistant to cOOK (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 8, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: healthcare
Working with other people , trying to better mines and other people future at the same time. You work with people that have Disability problems.
it was a very fun place to work at
Business Internship (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
the managers were very fun and very flexible with schedules and timing and they always find time to help you understand what the assignments are and how to do them
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Utica, NYApril 7, 2015
In a typical day, I would stock merchandise, help customers locate items for purchase, and use a cash register to ring customers merchandise out.
Productive Establishment
Member (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Productive Establishment
Cons: None really, I enjoyed working for The Salvation Army.
Working at the Salvation Army gave me the opportunity to work in a caring establishment while allowing me to help others. I worked with people and enjoyed doing it.
Good co- workers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Bristol, CTApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good discount on clothes
Cons: short lunch
I loved working at salvation army because it is place to help the people in need. I loved supervising had to make sure it was organize and also make sure my employees worked. At the end of the night all transaction had to had up sometimes that was hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a happy customer.
I WOULD RECOMMEND THE SALVATION ARMY FOR ALL WHO FEEL LOST.
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: THE FOOD
Cons: HEALTHCARE
IT HAS BEEN MY A PLEASURE WORKING WITH THE SALVATION ARMY. IT ALLOW ME TO GROW IN MY SPIRITUAL LIFE. I THANK THEM VERY MUCH FOR THE OPPORTUNITY AND EXPERIENCE. THE ENVIRONMENT WAS WELL STRUCTURED, A NICE CLEAN PLACE TO WORK, REALLY FRIENDLY, KIND AND LOVING PEOPLE.
Administrative assistants are typically outgoing and friendly people who work well with many leadership personality types
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 6, 2015
An administrative assistant works on behalf of an executive or other leader in an organization. If you are highly motivated and organized then this might just be the job for you. Day to day life as an administrative assistant includes the coordination of the calendar for one or more executives, taking phone calls and messages, sending emails on behalf of an assigned executive, prepping for a large meeting or presentation, capturing notes in meetings and many other related tasks.
great place to work in.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJApril 5, 2015
they helped me with how to clean and sweep and organize the cloths and they were very kind to me and they were willing to help out.
its ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln Park, MIApril 4, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: interacting with mean worker that don't want to be there
was a very fast
keeping up
he was very nice
they was nice with helping me with things that i didn't know what to do
not getting no hours
Productive, and exhilarating work environment.
Assistant Family Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Yakima, WAApril 3, 2015
Each day I come to work, I assist customers with electricity help. I give out clothing vouchers to eligible clients. I set up and get the food bank ready. I answer multi line telephones, and direct callers to appropriate departments. My co-workers are dedicated to what they do, ensuring that we are giving the customers the resources that are applicable in their situations for maximum use. The hardest part of the job, is not always being able to help customers for lack of funding. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have helped someone's life be just a little bit better.
Little to no hours
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Perris, CAApril 3, 2015
It wasn't the worst job but every other month the amount of hours we got weekly kept decreasing.Forced to drive up to an hour away without compensation for gas

About The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is a Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that works – Read more

The Salvation Army Salaries

Assistant Manager
$9.00 per hour

The Salvation Army Photos

Captain Kettle---Holiday Parade
This is why I worked there
feeding others