The Salvation Army
2,783 reviews

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Amazing co-workers and lots to do!!
Volunteer (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Build character
Cons: Repetitive
There is always something to be done at The Salvation Army! Either sorting bins of food, cleaning, sanitizing, and sorting through the bread room, putting away donations, cleaning the sidewalks, and talking to the people coming to get food and clothing. Amazing opportunity to build people up and better the community.
KIDS
Day Camp Counselor (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 17, 2015
GOOD workers grate place to work I would love to come back next year . kids are a hand full but u have to love them right nice boss she is so cool coworkers are ok but I think this is a cool job
Productive and busy enviornment
Key Holder (Former Employee), Centerline MIJune 16, 2015
I love to open the store, greet customers as the line up and wait for the doors to open. I enjoyed communicating with customers while a assist them with shopping. I love colorizing the store and decorating when different holidays approached.
Was very fun
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Albany, GAJune 16, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: couldnt go indoors
I loved the fact that I was being a part of helping people. You always had to have a positive attitude, which was easy for me because I am always in a great mood and ready to meet people. I tried to ring my bell in tune with a Christmas song.
Great place to work excellent team!
Cashier (Current Employee), Akron, OHJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great Place!
Cons: Part time
Love this job! Wonderful place to work great environment. Management and coworkers work hard and everyone works as a team to get work accomplished.
A fun work place
handyman (Former Employee), Sheridan, WyomingJune 16, 2015
Pros: dicounts, free breakfast
Cons: long hours
Salvation Army is an interesting place that allows a person to learn new skills and meet interesting people that you never thought existed in this world.
A typical day would be sifting through donations that people had dropped of to us. This is to determine what we could sell and what we weren't allowed to sell at that moment.
Fun work place
Receptionist (Current Employee), Oxnard, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on holidays
A typical work day is it being busy all day long.
I have learned to work well with varies of people and enjoyed it.
The management is very friendly you can go in with confidence and let them know if you don't understand something up to if you need help the co workers are always so friendly as well and love to lend a helping hand. The hardest pat of this job was not being able to help a customer in need of financial help due to them not having the proper paperwork. The most enjoyable part is watching the families smile when we help them with the food pantry, Christmas programs, as well as the assistance we provide with the financial bills we provide.
Great organization to work for.
Director of Rehabilitation Services (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2015
Pros: Christian enviornment
Cons: minimal opportunities for advancement
Responsible for overseeing daily processes of rehabilitation program. Assisting men in recovery from substance abuse related issues.
Great Place to Help Others in the Community
Seasonal Office Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Assisting those in the community with viable needs
Cons: No upward mobility
While I did not enjoy the regular change of direct management (policy of the organization), it was wonderful to be able to engage and assist those in the community with genuine needs. The organization as a whole is a fantastic charity that provides for the daily and necessary needs of each community in which there is an office. My co-workers were great; I was able to utilize my skills as an executive assistant on a daily basis with a variety of responsibilities; I learned more about the demographic served than I had known previously and learned much more about the organization as well. My favorite part of the job was interacting with co-workers, clients, and those in other offices around the nation. The worst part of the job was that there was no upward mobility.
very stressful job
Case Planner (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 13, 2015
Pros: able to go out on the field
Cons: around the clock job, no life
This job suppose to have given me an laptop and a courtsey car to do my field visits, did not.Required to attend courts for clients and there was no protection when going out on the field, was overload with many cases, not enough time to complete assignments.
Loving work environment
Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2015
Pros: Developing genuine relationships with my parents and students.
Cons: Working late nights and sometimes seven days a week.
A typical day at work is teaching my students in a fun, enjoyable environment where they are able and opened to explore. I've learned that every child is special and unique in their own way. I've learned how to adapt to each child and help them reach their full potential. As for management and my co-workers, they are very supportive and creative.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Phone Operator (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2015
The salvation army is a place where we all work together in a timely manner sorting clothes out for the next day pickup. It taught me how to be on time for work and for each other.It made me a better worker with my performance.
Rewarding
Closing Supervisor (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHJune 12, 2015
Good place to work for. constant errors on scheduling. usually fixed after talking to Tracy. very busy store and work environment.
Great co-workers and managment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rosamond, CAJune 11, 2015
Loved volunteering for this company. Always good helping people in need. The job was not difficult at all. Learned the value of a hard days work.
always a job well done
intake coordinator (Former Employee), charlotte ncJune 11, 2015
Pros: help people better themselves
Cons: didnt always work out
provide encouragement to men struggling from addiction and homelessness by providing structure, nutrition and positive role models. enjoyed seeing men turn their thinking patterns around and start to want something out of life as opposed to just wanting to give up.
Rewarding
Social Services (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 11, 2015
Pros: The Mission, Rewarding work
Cons: Silo management structure is archaic. Few training opportunities.
The silo management structure inhibits growth and innovative ideas which limits the staff and organization from doing the most good.
I greet many people and i enjoy.
Bell ringer and greet people (Former Employee), Pendleton, ORJune 10, 2015
Pros: I enjoy working for a good cause.
Cons: I was very cold on some days.
I ring bell and greet them as they would leave store and the would donate money in the red bucket. I also wore a suit and coat to keep warm because it was winter time.
Learned new skills while enjoying my position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2015
Self-motivated worker searching for a rewarding position that will use my education and experience while expanding my professional horizons.
not a good work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 9, 2015
I did not like this place the environment was very negative and not fair to their workers wish they had better management
Productive and Fun space with children
Activities Counselor (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJune 8, 2015
Pros: interact with children
A tipical day will start with receiving all the children and then giving them the breakfast. After we will play or get ready to go to the zoo, park, museum etc. Around 12 to 1 is lunch. If we were at building it will be like pasta or if were at the park or museum it will like hot dogs sandwich or so.
All we had so much fun, always doing something crafts, sports, reading etc.

About The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is a Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that works – Read more

The Salvation Army Salaries

Monitor
$8.66 per hour

The Salvation Army Photos

Captain Kettle---Holiday Parade
This is why I worked there
feeding others