The Salvation Army
2,029 reviews

The Salvation Army Employer Reviews

pricer
customer Service (Current Employee), taylor MichiganJuly 22, 2014
my co-workers and manager love me . I take work as a work . its my 1st pripority .
Receptionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2014
This was the best experience in the world. The staff at the Salvation Army were very helpful.
Exciting and dynamic place to work
Floor Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Clair Shores, MIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: opportunity to advance
Cons: frequent management turnover
A typical day at work included; checking displays, dressing rooms, and merchandise. I learned the inner workings of production from the donation drop off to the floor, customer negotiations, and sales. Management was helpful and supportive. My co-workers were helpful and informative. The hardest part of the job was categorizing, and stocking the inventory. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was providing excellent customer satisfaction. – less
rewarding
Case Aide (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: ministry
Cons: i am part-time
A typical day at work , completing intakes, passing out mail, handling complaints, crisis management, referrals, counseling, disciplinarian, corressponding with other agencies, saftey and security, data entry, collecting shelter fees, etc. I have learned to be humble and patient with others. I have great co-workers, we all are very supportive of each – more... other. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help and make a difference in someone's life. – less
Good workplace and great co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short break
I loved working with my co-workers. We all got along very well and we were a great team and got things done very efficiently. I learned not to let myself be overwhelmed by seemingly daunting tasks and I was very happy with the work I did working on the sales floor.
i was not really impressed with the way they handled situations between emoployees
Store clerk/production (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: full time
Cons: no stability or moving up
i was responsible for performing my job as well as other jobs when the other employees are not there.
A place for recovery
Volunteer (Former Employee), Perris caJuly 17, 2014
Pros: 3 meals a day, exercise equipment and bible study daily
Cons: attended classes daily short down time
I learned how to work well with others and become a team player.
How to follow oral and or written instructions. The most enjoyable part about Volunteering was me stepping outside myself my life and being of service for those who are in need. It made me feel good about myself as well.
Rewarding job, knowing that you've assisted in helping others.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 17, 2014
Pros: it's personally rewarding to help the less fortunate.
I am not qualified to give a complete review. I did not work as an employee. I merely, volunteered for a couple of weeks.
>I helped out with sorting merchandise, shifting and reorganizing stock, and cleaning.
>It wasn't a very difficult job. It was more like large scale chore work.
My daily summaries at work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Petersburg,VaJuly 16, 2014
Answering incoming telephoned calls monitoring visitors and maintain office supplies.
Years of working with great people.
Assistance Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: teaching
Cons: laid off
Salvation Army was a job people can say it is a stepping stone of learning. This job was my learning tool. All my skill came from Salvation Army. I worked there for over 10 years I have no regrets my coworker were good, daily task was always a learning experiences.
I worked as an intern in the kitchen I enjoyed being in there and working for them it was fun
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Boone, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: wish it didn't have to end
I had fun working as an intern I learned what it takes to operate and cook in a full-size commercial kitchen.I enjoy cooking and loved beng around everyone who worked there.
Productive fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Queens, NYJuly 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: break time to short
Nice place to work if your willing to work with the homeless. Pretty small place.
help the community
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Bay City, MIJuly 12, 2014
Pros: meeting people, talking, helping the community
Cons: cold, long hours
I like this non profit organization program because doing the bell ringing helps fund the needy who are not so wealthy, poor, or very poor. You get to meet and greet and help people. It helped me with my communication skills. I talked a lot in good high spirits and was joyous for the Christmas season.
Great place to work, wonderful managers
Resident Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great company to work for, great co-workers, i love that i can help clients in thier situation.
Cons: not having communication, trust with other assistant manager, not being able to share my thoughts, having them heard, no respect for me of being the assistant manager as well.
I really love my job working at Salvation Army, I've been here a year and a half. I have a great relationship with my managers and co-workers. Ive had the chance to excel in my job, going from 3rd shift to days and then becoming a assistant manager with in year of being here.
Liberty of helping others
cleaning crew, kitchen server (Former Employee), Greenville, MSJuly 10, 2014
Pros: supplying food and clothes for those in need
Cons: not having enough supplies
It was very satisfying being able to be there for someone who needs help.
Busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: close by
Cons: bad management
I really enjoyed my job and interactions with Board members and residents in the shelter. We served all kinds of people and we did not discriminate at all.
Excellent place to work at.
Assistant to Social Service director (Current Employee), rochester nhJuly 9, 2014
It is very fullfilling to help other people. Very organized office.
not enough pay for dock work
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 9, 2014
Cons: pay
needs new and better functioning equipment, days where long and boring, not enough pay for dock work, breaks where fine, pallet jacks broke often and they only had 2 hi-lo's
Fun place to work in, family oriented
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
It was a pleasure working with this company. Supporting the community and being part of helping those in read was a rewarding experience.
Teaching the Kids
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible, and reasonable hours
Cons: kids that don't like to listen
Teaching the kids day to day for a week was challenging but overall very entertaining and fun. A typical day would consist of breakfast-snack in the morning and playtime during the day. Also some days we would do special activities or go on field trips.

About The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is a Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that works – Read more

The Salvation Army Photos