The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Found 3,340 reviews matching the search
Very productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, MIFebruary 5, 2017
It is very fast pace. You need to be very motivated. Willing to work a lot of hours. I have learned how to supervise people. The management was good. They could have done a little better but overall they knew what they were doing and knew how to run a store. The benefits were awesome. The hours were great.
Pros
Benefits, Lots of hours.
Cons
Enjoyable and freezing with free lunch.
Bell Ringer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2017
Freezing, tiring, enjoyable. I learned that standing out all day was for a good cause.
I would stand outside of a store and ring a bell to raise money
Pros
Knowing that my jib saved the holiday's for thousands of families.
Cons
Standing all day.
good networking
Director (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 4, 2017
not recommended for non-officers, long days for the most part, but I enjoyed being able to help individuals in the area and great networking with great organizations
Pros
networking
Cons
can be replaced by incoming officers at any time
overall nice place to work
Women's Dorm Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2017
Very challenging work due to the constant change in the number of guests and the loss of supplies caused by winter weather but a very patient caring staff and overall nice workplace.
Pros
free meals that were well planned.
Cons
inability to keep supplies due to winter weather generating guests pilfering.
Corps Officer
Corps Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2017
Run an daily office setting with 4 to 8 employees. Improved customer service ratings through several performances which may include helping with rental and utilities assistant and emergency food distributions. Managing various programs for youths and adults. Conducting bible studies and worship services weekly. Help generate fundraisers and sessional campaigns. Conduct a advisory council. Also as a Salvation Army corps officer are professional friendly customer service skills in communicating with people of diverse cultures while providing exceptional customer service.
A Salvation Army corps officer is a natural leader with a passion for team building and promoting positive company morale.
Great place to get your life back on track
Truck Driver/c.c.c.attadant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Life saving...Life changing..The salvation army help changeu life forever, by showing me how to re-srart life and how to live without being depended on a mind controling substance.
Christmas Bell Ringer (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSFebruary 2, 2017
Ringing the bell and collecting donations. how to give back to the less fortunate. the management was good. standing out in the cold in on spot for 8 hours with no wind protection.
Ok
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44311February 2, 2017
The joy of working for The Salvation Army is that you know that you are helping people in need. Going to work every day knowing that what you are doing is benefiting the less fortunate is a great feeling.
The Salvation Army...
Bell-Ringer (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MAFebruary 1, 2017
The Salvation Army has very nice people in charge. They are very reasonable and they gave me a few extra hours when I needed them. They only took 4 hours out my total day and I got to make money while supporting a wholesome cause.
Okay
HRIS Manager-Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORFebruary 1, 2017
It depends on what type of opportunity one seeks and in what environment. this is a definitely religious environment. If one can deal with individuals who believe they are qualified for positions because they went to "training school' one can do well.
Dealing with customers
Assistant Manager /Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Assisting people in need with our goods and services.
Heavy customer service and inventory. Nice people to work with at the various stores. Great prices on various items.
Pros
cool people
Cons
working days after the holidays
Thrift Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, IL 61938February 1, 2017
They care about the community. They want to make a difference. They develop program to help people get ahead in life. Thanks
Fun work place
sales clerck (Former Employee) –  Boston RoadFebruary 1, 2017
It's like you working with your family. You allways have something to do. Good Service to the custumers, Hang clothes, cashier, price the clothing, organnize the store
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
no more than 25 hours, pensions good if you work 10 years
Get donations, clean store, stock shelves
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Its a great store great atmosphere and great location great employees I like working there I give it 100 stars if I can the salvation army company helps the homeless poor needy anyone who really needs it
fun and productive
Cashier / Stock (Former Employee) –  Northfield RD. North Randall OhioJanuary 31, 2017
Productive and fun workplace met lots of interesting people good memories of working with my mother. You get to be creative coming up with prices, listening to people and help them solve their problems.
Pros
close to bus stop, got Sundays and another day off
Cons
standing all day
Good company mission, underplayed effort.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  132 Merrimack Street, Haverhill, MA 01830January 31, 2017
I worked with a good congenial manager and crew at the store, however, morale was deteriorating over time in view of organizational and managerial shortcomings. Solvable problems accrue and easily attained improvements of operation are neglected to undermine individual and corporate purpose
i found it to be fun and laid back
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaJanuary 31, 2017
after you get the hang of the work place, I learned that if you work with your teammates things go a lot smoother. it wasn't that fast paced but, the people were friendly and the other employees were very helpful.
Great non-profit group
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 31, 2017
This is volunteer work I did while working at
Wortham. I did not work directly for Salvation Army. I organized adoption of Angles for Christmas.
Pros
Great organization
Cons
A very friendly atmosphere.
Driver/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2017
Freedom to complete tasks without being micromanaged. Fellow coworkers are friendly and easy to get along and work with. Benefits are okay and job security is all up to your work ethic.
Community Based
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Salvation Army believes in helping the community. I learned a lot about manaement, workplaece culture, budget and public relations. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving to the homeless every Friday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.