The Salvation Army

3.0K reviews

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Out going and a hard worker
Cashier (Former Employee), Duluth,Ga.July 31, 2015
Pros: Love to get along with people
Cons: Love to help people
Doing what I love to do and getting along with my co-workers and my supervisors. And asking for a chance to be part of this team.
If you lose your job you cannot collect UE
Solicitation (Former Employee), CTJuly 31, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
Overall it should be better because your a doing the "most good" for people. No direction from the 1st day to the last and also just remember because they are a "church" and you are let go you CAN NOT collect UE benefits from them. You will go in thinking you are helping out the ones in need but not really, find another non-profit to work with!
Clean and well-organized shelter for less fortunate
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJuly 31, 2015
I enjoyed volunteering here, as the volunteers and the homeless were all so kind and friendly. I found the whole volunteer experience to be very rewarding.
Love it
Retail Associate, (Current Employee), Southgate, MIJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Wonderful work environment
Cons: Not enough hours
I love my job, but the hours are limited so I'm looking for a second job. The people who work there are good people, and the customers are always a pleasure.
nice place to work
cashier/clerk (Current Employee), Thrift soreJuly 30, 2015
Pros: meeting and talking to people every day
Cons: when work is slow the day seems longer
You may see the same people every single day. Most of them know you by name. you may learn their names some times you meet new people tha tell how much they like your store and that will come again.
Productive and awesome management team
MFT Intern - Volunteer (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Every day is exciting and different.
Cons: Distance to travel. Shift requirements.
Great place to gain experience with adults in rehabilitation. Management and co-workers very caring and professional.
Comfortable & calm work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 29, 2015
During my time of working at the Salvation army, I learned how to be the example of a leader and I improved my speeding skills. I also enjoyed the laid back environment. Our shifts were usually smooth and quick.
Stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee), Southgate, MIJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good benfits
Cons: They dont care about their employes
Running the line having to put out 2800 pieces of clothing in 7 hours could never start on time due to other factors To lead my crew but also respect them as a person The managers of the store were great the district manager did things she shouldn't have! My co-workers were amazing!! The hardest part of the job was discipline of my co-workers when I felt most everyone was doing their job and management disagreed. I did not enjoy this job at all !!
Very fun and productive place to work.
Laundress (Former Employee), Montgomery AlJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great place to work, cant say nothing bad about it
Cons: none
love it, love it , love it this is a wonderful place to work. I started out as a volunteer an ended up working for the company for the summer it was only for a little while because the job was seasonal. But it was still great.
Cool place to work
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJuly 28, 2015
I enjoyed working as a bell ringer, the salvation army does a lot for people and I liked being part of their team. They also have nice people that work there.
my time at salvation army
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Monroe, MIJuly 28, 2015
It was a work experience job to see if i would be good at burnishing and mopping floors. A typical day at work was about 6 hours long and 4 days a week.
just another day
Volunteer food pantry (Former Employee), Waterloo,IAJuly 28, 2015
it was a fun and out going day with the kids always learned something new every day meeting new pepole. it was up leafting and active.
Fun place to work Greeting
Bell Ringer, Campaign Promoter (Former Employee), Reidsville, NCJuly 28, 2015
Holiday Seasonal Job Great customer service skills and having the Holiday spirit Collecting Money to help with children get Toys for Christmas
Morale is very low
Call Center Lead Staff/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Christian organization
Cons: low wages, no medical benefits
No consistency regarding implementation of rules and regulations, big management turn over, no room for advancement.
All about helping
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fort PierceJuly 27, 2015
My time with the Salvation Army gave me the opportunity to help myself and help others. I enjoyed that I was allowed to cater to the public and help with those in need.
Helping others
Management (Current Employee), KansasJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Not much advancement
Really a great place to work for if you take the corrupt upper management out of the picture. Not much room for advancement. Store manager is the highest position you can achieve. However achieving that will take years because hardly anyone gets promoted, unless someone quits. The customers are great and are what make the day manageable.
I really love working there. I love the people and the culture, however, there isn't very much security.
DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, environment
Cons: Security - I don't feel very secure there
What I like the most about my job is the variety. Everyday is different. One day I'm recruiting, the next day I'm facilitating orientation, the next day I'm handling employee relations and the next I'm doing performance management. It keeps me on my toes.
There's no one in the organization or program that I can say that I really dislike and that includes my administrator which is my boss. We are like a family here.
Helper
Customer service (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2015
I was a "Helper" at the salvation army. i would stock items, and clean the store when ever i had a chance, in return they would give me one or two items of my choice.
I love the Salvation Army
Delivery Driver / Volunteer (Current Employee), Portland, MEJuly 26, 2015
Pros: spiritual program
Cons: knowledge ofdrug addiction
We are all the very best of the best and we welcome all newcomers 24/7 and we hope you come down and fill out a job application to become a member of our team
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: managers no good
A day here is i come in and get right to work somtime its kind of hard because people dont come to work and it make it hard for other crew.Manager dont make it know better.