The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Good company it helps people all over the WORLD
Donation Collector (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2017
My over all review is very good they does a lot .they are onw of the biggest organization that helps all generations of people.i myself have donated clothing and money. I even volunteered to to help pass on out food clothing. and hugs.THERE GREAT.
Pros
Noon
Cons
Noon
Bell ringing was actually fun
Bell ringer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OROctober 22, 2017
It was p!peasant to ring thebellandbe wisibg people a merry Christmas all day. Our Captain was a friendly man who madeus feel like family. It wasa good feeling to know that the donations collected were for helping people!e who were in need of help.
Pros
Bell ringing is a positive feelng job
Cons
Cold very cold
Christian environment
Cashier/Front Supervisor/Logistic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 22, 2017
It was nice listening to the music. I enjoyed working there because they were flexible with your school schedule. I worked hard when i was there. The staff formed a bond.
Volunteer
Cass County Service Unit Agent (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2017
The Salvation Army is an amazing social service agency, prided on doing the most good, and helping those in need. The Salvation Army aids those facing disasters with grace and compassion.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 20, 2017
I enjoy working at the Salvation Army the staff is great and the people I meet have interesting stories. The only critique I have is that when it comes to job advancement, a degree is a must, they do not take work experience into account if you do not have a degree in the field you want to move up in.
Staff meeting provide dinner
Bilingual Treatment Counselor- (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20002October 19, 2017
My supervisor meeting weekly and discuss any client situation
Be able to communicate oral and written.
Participate in graduation month including my case load
Pros
friendly management
Cons
My supervisor was fire afterI work work team and the team was not cooperative
a good place to work
Cashier, pricing, stocking and opening the store (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 19, 2017
Love working there great employee and a great company I live the work they do for the community the pay is great and the hours would recommend to all my friends
review
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 18, 2017
a day would include helping people out.
i learned that helping others help me.
the workplace was a very cool spot to work at and i like it.
what i enjoyed the most was the people
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 18, 2017
This is the one of best employer I have work for. I learn new skills and work with others. The workplace is very mid fast, but very pleasant. You learn at your pace.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No benefits
Excellent place to work if you're just starting out
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenfield Road in Southfield MichiganOctober 18, 2017
I took a job at Salvation Army after I had surgery to see if I was able to withstand the duration of standing on my foot for hours which I was so it was a successful run and I greatly appreciate them allowing me to work there
Rapid employment turnover
Social Service Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 18, 2017
Client based emergency case management, excels in volunteer opportunity and community service. Great start to career. Great way to learn and discover community collaboration. Dining Room opportunity provides homeless interaction.Always a learning environment.
Pros
Great starting opportunity
Cons
wages and lack of advancement opportunity
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 18, 2017
heavy lifting & arranging & rearranging furniture. friendly customers. manager tried to pursue a more personal relationship with me. i would recommend
Pros
paid grieving
Cons
rarely overtime
loved the youth and being engage with them
Youth Asst. director (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 18, 2017
I loved being able to help the kids grow and just show them that someone cared for them. the connection with the community, through social services and programs that are offered are excellent.
Pros
meeting and helping people
Cons
hearing all the storys and knowing you cant help everyone.
Good place to work.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2017
Good Place to work, just could be more organized and professional.
Working at Salvation Army is like just living your everyday lives except you have Additional People living with you.
No Comment
Receptionist/Secretary/Assistant Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 17, 2017
the hardest part of the job was I had too many responsibilities and I was burned out after 5 years. The benefits are great. the other hard part is the change in bosses every 2 - 6 years. Each has a dfferent personality. Some you can adjust to some you cannot.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The change in bosses
This job sucked the life out of me and the other employees that worked with me.
Cook/Kitchen Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, NJOctober 17, 2017
This job offered no way of moving up or even laterally through the company. I was essentially a line cook for 6 years and have not received a single raise or benefit from the Salvation Army since my starting date. Management has been terrible as have been the majors that have come to work at the camp since I started.
Very stressful
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 17, 2017
It could be quite stressful at times, the pay wasn't all that great. But I did feel good that what I was doing was helping people in need. I was responsible for making decisions on whether or not to accept or refuse donations and periodically had to confront donors that could've gotten pretty nasty, but I knew how to deal with the situation and keep a professional attitude.
Pros
helping people in need
Cons
Low pay
Good
Corps Officer / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOOctober 17, 2017
Working for The Salvation Army was a wonderful experience for the most part employees were valued. They worked hard at assigning you according to the gifts you had.
Working to help those who need it the most
Salvation Army bell ringer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 16, 2017
I felt good working for the Salvation Army because all of the money that was being collected was going to a great cause. It was a pretty positive experience working there. It helped me to see the best of people because they were giving of their hard-earned money to help someone else. That showed me that there are still good people in this world.
Pros
being part of a good cause and seeing the kindness and generosity of others in action.
Cons
it could get pretty cold outside while bell ringing sometimes but i tried to dress warm for it.
A very good place to work with different ethnic cultures
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
Advancement was available in several areas along with state of the art apartment complexes available for employees who wanted to live in the area of the depot/ warehouse. They also gave the employees discounts when purchasing out of the Salvation Army stores . Very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Dealing with Houston traffic. One of the largest cities in the USA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.