The Salvation Army
2,805 reviews

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Fast pace warehouse were they're all type of work.
loading and unloading trucks (Former Employee), Perris, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: It was voluntary work were I got to learn all the different area of a great working warehouse.
Cons: I was only a voluntary worker.
Enjoyed Working there, even though it was on voluntary work, i got to learn how to work alot different area in the warehouse job environment. In the morning we would unload truck or load trucks. Than I got promoted to shipping and receiving were i would pack totes and than rap them up in the palets and get them ready for shipping.
Nice and Fun environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 24, 2015
A typical day was working together to wrap gifts to donate to families in need during the Christmas holiday. I really enjoy working with the people around me.
postive place to work, meet knew people everyday
manger (Former Employee), Dansville, NYMay 24, 2015
Pros: close to home, good people place
Cons: hard work
It was hard work at the salvation army, I ran the store with only 4 to5 employees most of the time, upper management didn't take care of us, just worried about the sales everyday, i loved working there seeing my customers everyday put a smile on my face.
Great Place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVMay 22, 2015
Place was great and its awesome to work with the community. The hardest part of my job was dealing with unruly customers.
HR & Office Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 22, 2015
TSA is a great organization to work for however, they change officer's every 2-4 years. This means all the boss's are different and each one has a different vision that can possibly impact each year in a negative way
Bell Ringing Fun
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Salem, ORMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work involved ringing bells. I learned how to ring bells. Management was easy to work with along with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was standing for that long without sitting at some point. The most enjoyable part was when people put change in the bucket
very productive
Parent Advocate (Former Employee), bronx, nyMay 20, 2015
This job is very challenging . It deals with a lot of paper work and you have to good communication skills with the clients.
This is a very fast paced job that deals with the public.
Driver (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Tuesday-Saturday
Cons: Dealing with management, Pay, lilttle to no benefits
A typical day at the salvation army consisted of picking up furniture or other goods that were donated by the doner. There was little to no management and you were never sure who to ask if you have any questions that needed answered. I did not enjoy the job but did enjoy being out on the road everyday because i enjoy driving.
Angel Tree Worker
Angel Tree Worker (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNMay 18, 2015
This was a fun position that allowed me to meet new people. We would set up at the mall everyday and assist people int the adoption process.
PEACEFUL PLACE WITH FOOD
Worker (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMay 15, 2015
Pros: FREE LUNCHES
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
THE DAY I HADE TO STAND OUTSIDE IN THE COLD KNOW I WAS A LITTLE ANGRY WITH COLD JUST MY MOUTH SAYING WOW I GOTTA STAND OUT THERE THAT LONG TO WORK FINISH AND GO HOME I NEED A JOB SO I WILL FREEZE LIKE A POPSICLE.
Will Go Back
Sales Associate/ Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, INMay 14, 2015
Pros: Co=Workers
Cons: Store Manager
I would go back to there if i had the oppurtunity to do so. Great eniviroment and customers. Didnt like the store manager there, didnt care so much of the customers and employees.
You work by yourself. Gives you time to think about things in life.
Housekeeper/ General Maintenance (Former Employee), Oak Creek, WIMay 14, 2015
Pros: There is no pros.
Cons: There is no cons.
My typical day at work is cleaning. Getting to see some interesting people.People who work there are very friendly and nice to you.
Great Place to work
book keeper/ receptionist (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 14, 2015
TSA is a wonderful place to work. The officers are always looking out for the community and willing to jump in and offer a helping hand. The hardest part of the job, is hearing the stories of people that need help. The Best part is being able to give that helping hand that our community needs.
The management staff were very caring.
Administrative Assistant and Crisis case worker (Former Employee), Mackay, IDMay 14, 2015
Pros: Varying hours
Cons: None
I would read the case notes and have hand over with the previous staff on roster.
I would tend to the needs as required in the notes and assist the clients wherever possible.
I would attend court with clients or support them while shopping if they were feeling threatened.
The co workers had a wonderful sense of humour and showed by example how to never judge, name or shame anyone.
The hardest part of the job was the most enjoyable; working with injured children. They would come in broken and scared and would find their sense of identity.
productive and Safe Work place
Doc Worker (Former Employee), Fresno CaliforniaMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Short brake
I enjoyed the fast pace and safe work place. I learned to take inventory and be more organized in my work area. The Job was a Non profit business and also a job training/ Job placement program.
great coworkers, fun, everyday is different
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great program, good coworkers, great benefits, great Program Director
Cons: Administration.
The Salvation Army does wonderful work for men that are seeking assistance with recovery from alcohol and/or drugs. Being a part of this program was extremely rewarding and a positive in my life. Working in kitchen allowed me to interact with everyone connected to the Salvation Army.
productive and enjoyable work place
sales associate (Former Employee), springfield, MAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable environment
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work for consisted of me being on the work floor for a certain amount of time until requested to go on register for the rest of my work shift. As I worked on the floor I would help customers if needed and I maintained a clean work area as well. I arranged clothing where they needed to be and helped my managers by assisting them in things that needed to be done for the day. I was a hard worker and got along well with all of my coworkers. It was great work experience.
a cold place to work at
bell ringer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 12, 2015
I love the fact that the money I raised was for a very good cause it was to help the less fortunate and that's a wonderful feeling just knowing every person that's in need has gotten some kind of help
it was okay
Camp Worker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 11, 2015
it was okay i like the kids the most they were a joy to work with. the only problem i had was there was not much help with the kids. i had 20 kids alone at times
Active and changing place to work...enjoyed it!
DIRECTOR OF RETAIL (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Training, free lunch, great benefits
Reviewing previous days sales. Setting up sales for all stores. Reviewing daily agenda. Store visits with the inspection of overall appearance from start to finish. Enjoy training the managers, working and motivating the staff.

About The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is a Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that works – Read more

The Salvation Army Salaries

Camp Counselor
$316 per week

The Salvation Army Photos

Captain Kettle---Holiday Parade
This is why I worked there
feeding others