The Salvation Army
2,171 reviews

The Salvation Army Employer Reviews

Productive, fun, and rewarding work atmosphere
Day Camp Assistant Program Director (Former Employee), Eatonville, WASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free lodging, great coworkers, fellowship
Cons: limited sleeping hours, conflict resolution at time
Working at camp, you are surrounded in your own community of like minded people who are dedicated and determined. You learn a lot about yourself as well as how to be a part of a great community that serves a higher purpose. Coworkers become your best friends and your closest confidants. The hardest part of the job was how tiring the job can get but – more... the most enjoyable part was seeing the fruits of your labor at the end of the day. We sowed tiny seeds that could last a lifetime for some of the children we worked with. – less
Doing the Most Good
Community Relations Manager (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: helping others
Lots of warm hearted people, lots of good intentions. Must be a self-starter to succeed and care about more than making money.
sorter and hanger also a tagger
sorter, hanger (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 15, 2014
prepare the clothes to be sold on the sales floor and also tagging the close with the prices on them
bell ringing
kettle worker (Former Employee), Yakima, WASeptember 15, 2014
I really enjoy working for this company every year. My typical day goes like this, I collect cash donations for the company. I stand out side a store and ring a bell. I enjoy having fun with people.
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: travel
load truck check truck talk with co workers get tickets pray get lunch hit the road management was loved it.
Nice Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newark, DESeptember 11, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: not enough hours
Main part of the job is to place clothes shoes and other accessories on racks.
N/A
Case Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Same duties listed on resume. Worked with exploited and trafficked teens around the united states
Productive place to work
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Scranton, PASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: job security first picks of donations
Cons: little pay no benefits
Entry positions are productive. Get first picks at donated merchandise. Positive impact on community. Management is very fair and friendly
An Adventure
Volunteer (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: 1 hour breaks
The salvation army is a fantastic place to place to work. It's a great environment filled with diverse people. TSA(The Salvation Army) is a very religious place, so not only are you getting physically fed, but also spiritually. Everybody works so well together and although the hardest part of the job are the alterations, most of the times it's also – more... one of the most enjoyable. Because we can look back on the situations and have a good laugh. I would love to go back and work again, it was THE BEST EXPERIENCE! – less
ok place
Floor staff/ line (Former Employee), Taylor, MISeptember 6, 2014
magment had favorets. noteveryone was treated the same. some people got specail treatment and for rasies and oppertuinets toadvance wasall pickedby who managment liked more.
Good place to volunteer
Packer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the assignments were work therapy.
Cons: this was voluntee work and you were not paid.
Your work day would be busy and management always took time to motive you. All the worker were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the daily task was loading up the skid. The most enjoyable time was keeping busy which made the working time go by fast.
god place to work, positive place
Cook breakfast prep; warehouse (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons: free living
typical day is busy doing wat we got to do, wat ive learn is multitask,follow orders with out getn mad,co-workers are motivative,couraging,positive people,most enjoyable part of the day is knowing ive done some thing good to help others and also it helps me to grow in positiveness and sober life
great place to work
Summer Camp Counselor (Current Employee), Asheville, NCSeptember 4, 2014
great staff, fun with the kids, great organization ...doing great things in the community
Very Productive and a great team effort from co-workers
Recptionist/Office Clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: interaction with the public
I am still a volunteer as a Receptionist/ Office Clerk and enjoy helping those in the community who seek assistance.
I reall enjoyed working here, however it was a very cold job.
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Cumberland, MDSeptember 4, 2014
In this job you do alot of standing and talking with customers. But it is also hard on you because you are in the cold weather alot. But I really enjoyed talking to the different variety of people.
we are a church first
Janitor/Maintenance (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: strong in strengh very dependable and curtiosy
Cons: joke around never let them see me sweat
our corp is a very spiritual place where people come seeking help for anything from food to needing help with paying a water bill. we are a church first which means we believe in telling people about the love of God our lord Jesus the Christ first and before all things.
its the Salvation Army
Supervisor (Current Employee), californiaSeptember 4, 2014
Its good to pay it forward although its a christain based company the people ethics are terrible.
very enjoyable employment
office assistant (Current Employee), charlotte ncSeptember 3, 2014
a typical day at work consist of interacting with the residents with everyday need like work orders and daily activities that we have in the community room. the management staff is wonderful and very helpful. the hardest part of the job is nothing this is the easiest job I have ever had in my life time. the most enjoyable part is getting to know the – more... residents and building a relationship with them – less
great volunteer experience, working with community, good leadership
Volunteer (Former Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free food
great volunteer experience, working with the community, good leadership. provides a good service to the people of the community.
fun workplace
Volunteering at Salvation Army (Former Employee), vancouver, WASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: na
Everyone was very friendly, our typical day was organizing toys, the hardest part was when a certain toy was chosen and the family behind got upset because they wanted it too. The enjoyable part was leaving the families satisfied.

About The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is a Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that works – Read more

The Salvation Army Photos