The Salvation Army
2,708 reviews

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Utica, NYApril 7, 2015
In a typical day, I would stock merchandise, help customers locate items for purchase, and use a cash register to ring customers merchandise out.
Productive Establishment
Member (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Productive Establishment
Cons: None really, I enjoyed working for The Salvation Army.
Working at the Salvation Army gave me the opportunity to work in a caring establishment while allowing me to help others. I worked with people and enjoyed doing it.
Good co- workers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Bristol, CTApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good discount on clothes
Cons: short lunch
I loved working at salvation army because it is place to help the people in need. I loved supervising had to make sure it was organize and also make sure my employees worked. At the end of the night all transaction had to had up sometimes that was hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a happy customer.
I WOULD RECOMMEND THE SALVATION ARMY FOR ALL WHO FEEL LOST.
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: THE FOOD
Cons: HEALTHCARE
IT HAS BEEN MY A PLEASURE WORKING WITH THE SALVATION ARMY. IT ALLOW ME TO GROW IN MY SPIRITUAL LIFE. I THANK THEM VERY MUCH FOR THE OPPORTUNITY AND EXPERIENCE. THE ENVIRONMENT WAS WELL STRUCTURED, A NICE CLEAN PLACE TO WORK, REALLY FRIENDLY, KIND AND LOVING PEOPLE.
Administrative assistants are typically outgoing and friendly people who work well with many leadership personality types
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 6, 2015
An administrative assistant works on behalf of an executive or other leader in an organization. If you are highly motivated and organized then this might just be the job for you. Day to day life as an administrative assistant includes the coordination of the calendar for one or more executives, taking phone calls and messages, sending emails on behalf of an assigned executive, prepping for a large meeting or presentation, capturing notes in meetings and many other related tasks.
great place to work in.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJApril 5, 2015
they helped me with how to clean and sweep and organize the cloths and they were very kind to me and they were willing to help out.
its ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln Park, MIApril 4, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: interacting with mean worker that don't want to be there
was a very fast
keeping up
he was very nice
they was nice with helping me with things that i didn't know what to do
not getting no hours
Productive, and exhilarating work environment.
Assistant Family Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Yakima, WAApril 3, 2015
Each day I come to work, I assist customers with electricity help. I give out clothing vouchers to eligible clients. I set up and get the food bank ready. I answer multi line telephones, and direct callers to appropriate departments. My co-workers are dedicated to what they do, ensuring that we are giving the customers the resources that are applicable in their situations for maximum use. The hardest part of the job, is not always being able to help customers for lack of funding. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have helped someone's life be just a little bit better.
Little to no hours
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Perris, CAApril 3, 2015
It wasn't the worst job but every other month the amount of hours we got weekly kept decreasing.Forced to drive up to an hour away without compensation for gas
overall it was okay
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Munster, INApril 3, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: not enough pay
i would be on my feet for long periods of time with short breaks, that my feet were always sore,most of the time they were on time to pick up at the end of the day,i learned about my brother's medical condition,always standing,meet people and watching how generous they could be
one of the best places to work at
Business Internship (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: setting your own schedule
the managers were super cool and fun and i learned alot from them on how to make it in the retail business.the co-workers were funny. the hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job
I will be glad to leave.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Ventura, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: I like working with clients.
Cons: Don't like politics
Management is hard to deal with. There is not much respect between management and subordinates. Typical day, I answer phones, do miscellaneous clerical and occasionally see clients
no fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs,CoApril 2, 2015
Pros: sometimes having pot lucks but it was mostly a 30 mins
Cons: two 15 mins breaks
I worked register, stocked merchandise on shelves, hanged clothes on racks. My management was a help at times. my co-worker I got along with some. The hardest was stacking shelves with to much, and hanging the clothing on rack to much made it look messy. My most enjoyable was just having a job.
Productive fun place to work
House Aide (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOApril 1, 2015
Pros: Family oriented, cozy
Cons: none
A typical day at the homeless shelter was supervising residents and monitoring for compliance of rules. Doing intake, and monitoring job seeking, alcohol testing, counseling, confronting and conferencing.

Management and co-workers were a team and getting the job done.

The hardest part of the job was to pass to baton to the next shift attendant and go home.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Working with people is great.
enjoyed helping the people that donated for a special cause.
Truck Driver Helper/ Donations (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: having to take things that couldn't be used or resold to public.
I got to meet people first hand that cared so much for other people less fortunate. they where filled with the spirit and was so thankful to donate to a wonderful cause.
An excellent place to work
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2015
The supervisors take time with the employees to train them in the job that they are doing. They also are enjoyable to work for.
love this place
Bell Ringer (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 30, 2015
i loved working with the salvation army i loved doing good for the community and the people who run the salvation army here in yuma are amazing.
Very good place to work/good people
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Bend, ORMarch 30, 2015
Pros: flexable hours if needed, Steady raises
Cons: Long road trips, frequent layoffs
Great place to work,fun people,and good tools.The vehicles were always maintained. They are very flexable if you need time off,and they gave steady raises.
Excellent and enjoyable work place, always challenging.
Asst. Resident Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Ability to have access to a Chapel and great TEAM!
Cons: N/A
Salvation Army is an Excellent place to work and a Great Christian Organization. You could not ask for a better team to work with or for better more concerned supervisors. I enjoy my position with the Salvation Army.
Rewarding Experience
Director (Current Employee), Hudson, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Meeting amazing people
Every day is different and allows for a rewarding community experience. The generosity of volunteers and individuals is constantly surprising as to how much support is available to those in need.

About The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is a Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that works – Read more

The Salvation Army Salaries

Assistant Manager
$9.16 per hour

The Salvation Army Photos

Captain Kettle---Holiday Parade
This is why I worked there
feeding others