The Schwan Food Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,022 reviews matching the search
Good Company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNMarch 28, 2017
it's the greatest place to work and I regret the decision I made to leave this company. I know for sure, I will never find a company like this ever agian.
It's an OK job
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City OklahomaMarch 26, 2017
A job someone still lives at home and just want some money. Not really good for someone that wants to live on their own. The Works not too hard and you're required to work nights
Pros
The occasional free food
Cons
You have to go to work tonight or what rain or snow
Very high turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIMarch 24, 2017
The top management of the company had no idea of how to run the company. Sales goals were not relevant to establishing a long term customers but hit a pie in the sky target. Work week was 60 hours.
large company
Grocery product division loader/Lead (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMarch 22, 2017
lots of differnt positions an empoyee can really move around if they didnt like a position lots of shift options pay is competive with like companiesin the area
Pros
opertunities from entry level to management
Cons
temp to hire
Wasn't what I thought it would be
Associate Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2017
Learned lots of valuable skills but had to fill the void of covering shifts due to poor planning by management. Lots of hours to put in and the sales reps were disgruntled often.
Pros
skills learned
Cons
hours, management, promises
not a good experience
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Point, ORMarch 20, 2017
I was in management and the lack of support from my superiors and the outdated high mileage vehicles that broke down nearly every day was ridiculous. I left the company after I was asked to work 7 days a week.
Pros
Cons
pay for amount of hours worked, lack of superior support from corp.
poor
Associate Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 18, 2017
there was no typical day, ever changing
change is hard especially for those who have been with the company for 3 decades
not willing to look at what competition was doing
culture, not receptive
hardest part was the people
nothing enjoyable
warehouse
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 18, 2017
From our family's kitchen to your family's table
For over 65 years we have been delivering high-quality, delicious foods to loyal customers in your neighborhood.
Cons
Great product, great customer relationships
Route Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTMarch 14, 2017
Hardest job I ever had. Lots of hours and hard work. But takes no previous experience to do it. Your customers will be happy to see you each time, and you will build great relationships with them.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Very long work days
If u enjoy long hours this is the job for you.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Salem, WIMarch 11, 2017
I enjoy working alone and taking care of my customers. My co workers and I do not appreciate that we have to work such long hours with no sick leave or time off.
Pros
Working Independently
Cons
Management and the long hours
Really is a great place to work.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, INMarch 10, 2017
I was saddened when I had to leave the company for relocation. I loved working with the customers, working with my drivers, and the company really was trying to make a home life balance better for the employees. You may have to work a lot of hours initially to build a route, but you are given quite a bit of vacation time to enjoy with your family.
Pros
potential to make a lot of money if you are good with sales.
Cons
there is some newer reorganization, which has caused some sales loss.
good people to work with
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZMarch 9, 2017
took the job there and just didnt like working so late many knights till 11 pm and the pay scale changed twice while i was employed there so i had to look elsewere
They work you hard but they work hard alongside you
Packager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMarch 8, 2017
nice place to be for a factory, take pride in keeping the place clean, make friend real quick, easy to understand guidelines, safety oriented, if given proper warning they are schedule flexible
Pros
good pay
Cons
exhaustible work
Management expects too much.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 8, 2017
Management expects workers to do everything asked in 40 hours or less, they do not like overtime at all. Two workers do all the truck loading, defrosting, and inventories. As well as unloading the semi, which is down by a roller track and manually lifted on shelves often times above head level.
Good position for younger adults
Route Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNMarch 8, 2017
Job requires 10 to 14 hours per day. Constantly need to be looking for new sales opportunities as customers come and go all the time. Lots of driving.
Pros
Great foos and no bosses over your shoulder everyday.
Cons
Lot of time on the road.
enjoyable place to work
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 7, 2017
Nice enjoyable place to work, Hours can be long, but they go fast. You mostly act as you own boss. Being out all day is nice, you can listen the radio, take breaks when needed, and have weekends off. However, getting new account at times, can be difficult, and long days make difficult to spend quality time with family.
Pros
Be your own boss, out by yourself with a lot of action.
Cons
the weather, slow sales days
worked for them for a year very poor experience
rsr (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAMarch 3, 2017
Bad work and life balance never had time for things at home. They always promised me to have more money and time never happened just false promises. I watched 4 people leave in 6 month period and had only seen a real boss only every time they felt like coming to the depo. went through two depo. Bosses in the year I was there. Always had trouble with customers and our customer service reps. Like on there orders and skipping customers while away or when they cancelled service.
Pros
good food and a discount on food for employees
Cons
12 to 14 hour days and poor communication between you and bosses
Workplace that had alot of problems and andtiquanted equipment
Master Fabrication Welder (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMarch 2, 2017
My workday started off with a briefing from the first shift lead. Mostly it was projects that needed done that he did not complete. Then I would check to see how many of my team showed up for work that day. After that I would go to the plant and look at the projects that were handed off to me and try to put together a game plan on how to get them done safely and to OSHA standards. Then I would decide from my crew who to assign to each project. All of this was being done while answering radio calls and responding to various situations thoughout the plant. On a typical day I was a very busy man.
Pros
I liked working with my hands and overcoming challenges
Cons
Antiquated equipment and a factory that was falling apart
If not them it not gone work
Food Manufacturing Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Never it a slave jobs ..help them people out there the run the job dram ...i help some from get hurt and got fired....what kind mess is that oel well sorry
My customers
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the everyday workplace. Everyday go to go out and meet new people and also spending time my customers. Enjoyed working with my other fellow employees. Fantastic management really helped with your growth and knowledge and the products we where selling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Schwan Food Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5