The Schwan Food Company Employee Reviews

Horrible please stay away
RSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Mnt Lake Park, MDJanuary 21, 2018
If you value your life dont work here,

A former co worker once told me,
The money isnt worth the stress that comes with it.

They talk about family values but makes sure you cant go home to ypur family eairly.

The divorce rate of this job is super HiGH

Corp has no idea what they are doing

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE BLAMED FOR THEIR MISTAKES, THEY WILL NOT OWN UP TO THIER OWN MISTAKES.

if your truck breaks down its your fault.
Pros
Selling your soul
Cons
Losing your soul
Not the best place to work.
Route Sales Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJanuary 19, 2018
The job itself was very stressful because there were benchmarks you were supposed to hit but the products you were selling were not that great to begin with making the job very hard.
Never a dull day.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 18, 2018
Challenging place to work, but never a dull day. I worked with SCB for over 20 years and honestly enjoyed my time there. There are many opportunities to advance if you are willing to put in the effort. All of the tools to succeed are available for you, but it is your own responsibility to reach out.
cut throat
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 18, 2018
The company does what they want do not care about employees. There is no structure to the company. they make there own rules and the managers harass you everyday
Great for young singles
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 17, 2018
this type of job takes you away from home long hours a day. many times i would leave the house at 630am and return home around 12am-1am. for the last year I worked for Schwan's, I would leave my house on Sunday evening and return home on Saturday morning around 2am.
Pros
you can make a lot of money
Cons
you have to work a lot of hours to make decent money.
Hard work and long days
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 17, 2018
This used to be a company that was fun to work for and provided unlimited growth potential. The Area Manager position has become an impossible job that I feel is impossible to be successful at.
If you are single this job would be great but this is not a family oriented job.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Schwans needs to take better care of their employees and get better vehicles. You must set the workers up for success. I've had on numerous occasions where I was given a unsafe truck but you bring it to someones attention nothing gets done.
Pros
Great customers that take care of you
Cons
Work 5 days a week there is no time for your personal life or self care
I don't endorse this company.
Sales/Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  oregonJanuary 15, 2018
I do not endorse the current management at this facility, they preach one thing but don't walk the talk,hours are long,the conditions are horrible to say the least. Trucks always breaking down. They care about the almighty dollar bottom line.
Pros
zero
Cons
too many to mention
Great
Customer Sales Rep-PreSell (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Like it alot.
Not for everyone.
Every route is different.
Gotta be able to make quick decisions.
Great place to learn how to manger your time.
packaing
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJanuary 11, 2018
they like to push u a lot with not much of raises u work ur but off in the summer and in the winter u get laid off pretty much I would rather work evenly year round
Driver/Sales (Former Employee) –  Dansville, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Enjoyed the autonomy of my role - great products and great customers.
Hardest part of the job was when the truck had mechanical issues.
My favorite part of the job was being out in the field and interacting with our customers. Overall, it's a good company to work with and I enjoyed my role - was just time for me to move on and expand my experiences
very enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I would get sales reports together and send to our district and the main office. My job was very enjoyable. My boss was very nice to work for as well.
Great job
Home/Business Sales, Delivery and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working for Schwann's, but realized my income had a ceiling so I switched to a similar industry, which would pay me a higher salary and offer a better opportunity.
Its a job
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 8, 2018
It was a job that supported a young family until advancing my career in a different direction. The amount of hours required to be away was stressful on family life with no Work life balance.
Pros
Food discount, the customers
Cons
Sales goals, overnights, compensation, hours
Stressful and poorly managed
Director, Engineering PMO and Standards (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 8, 2018
A private company with extremely poor management with no clear vision for the future. Poorly managed facilities causing extremely high downtime and poor margins
Frozen Treat Machine Operator Lead (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJanuary 7, 2018
There were a lot of days that there was so much to do. Following a production schedule to get product out on time and according to requirements by the State of Minnesota as far as quality, quantity, weight, etc. Schedules were different everyday and machines to set up changed daily. We had to test metal detectors every 30 minutes and document it, time the machines in the production room, and we helped trade the lines every half hour or help wherever needed.
Pros
discounted products, profit sharing, occassional gifts
Cons
sometimes very long hours or too many days in a row to work
Don't work here
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 7, 2018
Avoid this company at all cost horrible management from hiring to HR. Horrible experience working with horrible people. Pleanty of other delivery jobs that pay just as good
Great warehouse manager
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dyersville, IAJanuary 4, 2018
I worked for a great manager in the warehouse. Was very flexible with my schedule and listened if I ever had issues or concerns. We worked at a quick yet fun pace. Only complaint would be Schwans stopped giving raises to the people that work the hardest. It seemed like a rich get richer kind of attitude on top.
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Delivery fee killed my job off by low sales
My store managers.
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 4, 2018
Meeting my store managers each & everyday ( face to face always ), working towards sales goals in each store, asking for additional space to support a promotion, rotation, taking care of damaged returns every sales call, maintaining shelf space & having the best looking set in each of my accounts & building relationships always. Always try to learn something new each day you're out in the sales field & keep a good attitude always. I've always said, I'm the best today, but need to be better tomorrow!!! I love being independent with new goals everyday in life. " )
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Traffic!!!
Schwans sucks
Call Center Floor Agent\Seasonal Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 3, 2018
I hated working for this company, Im not going to say it was the company but more like the costumers that made this job not worth the effort. Sdjiofbsjodfb

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Schwan Food Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5