The Scooter Store, Inc. Employee Reviews

Scooter University
Mediare Payment processing (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 7, 2017
Yes we had Scooter University as part of new hire employee. I cant remember how long it was but it was mandatory of new hire package. There you were feed, given snacks, played games that were work related. Learn how it all started and became nationwide. How he share with us about wellness, taking care of your health and eating right. He was over weight and how he lost it and how he now lives a healthy. He made a must that during our morning and afternoon break, that we were given health snacks free. He was very considerate towards his employee by having a lounge room consisting of papasan chairs. Incase an employee having stressful day, didn't get enough rest or just wasn't feeling 100% , that was there for our benefit. After you complete Scooter University, we would even have graduation with cap/gown and it was done first thing in morning and everyone attends and throws confetti. I loved working there and I sad to see it go.
Pros
bonuses, department contest, inhouse doctor, wellness fair, casino nite
Cons
hold on raises. audits from medicare
Usaa
Mobility Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 9, 2017
*Take care of memebers (customers) via phone or web assisting with personal auto and property insurances
*discuss auto and property liabilities, premiums, and covered benefits
*communicate with customers on USAA products and services
*assist with taking payments and claim inquirys
*obtained auto and property causualty licenses to adhere to state laws
Pros
great company, job stability, and training
Cons
constantly busy, phones do not stop ringing
Out of business for fraud
AR Specialist III (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 18, 2016
They were guilty of fraud, I witnessed it firsthand.they are out of business for being caught billing claims illegally.
Cons
Time Management, skilled technician, and delivery.
Mobility Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2016
This was a great job, different everyday. The company closed its doors due to bad management nationwide. I delivered power chairs and also repaired units on site. Sold accessories to customers, answered phones.
a fun work place great enviorment
Billing /Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 27, 2016
from start to finish the scooter store was always made sure their employees were happy & pump to be at work .. and I can only speak for myself I enjoyed going to work every day for 3year until medicare change the rules.. lots of the employees got laid off w/benifits
Pros
when it rained the ceo always brought lunch to us all
Cons
break was a must.. health benfits were the awesome
Productive and Fun
Inbound Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 28, 2016
The Scooter Store cared about their employees. I enjoyed going to work everyday. Working as an over the phone technical support representative could be difficult at times. Overall, great place to work.
Productive and fun place with free gym and game room
Service Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 9, 2016
Came in at 7:30 answered phones helped the elderly with troubleshooting DME. I learned ten core ideologies. Management was great and made work fun. All my co-workers were helpful and one person keep a drawer full of snacks and candy. Hardest part of the job was learning when someone passed away. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the person on the other end of the phone line.
Pros
Free gym and game room
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work while I was there
Appeals Administrator Level II (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 3, 2015
I thought it was a fun place to work, I learned a lot and got a lot of appeals paid. I was also promoted to trainer to train the new staff
Pros
Very fun company to work for
Cons
They were forced to shut down
This was a great job!
Field Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 18, 2015
I loved working at The Scooter Store. I would have kept working there for many more years had they not gone out of business.
not very ethical company
Mobility Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 9, 2015
Overall the co workers were very honest and diligent. However the owners were not very straightforward with the way they managed the business which resulted in a closure.
Pros
dealing with senior cititzens was very rewarding
Cons
unethical ownership
Good place to work, travel was fun.
Mobility Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 4, 2015
Enjoyed customer service during deliveries and servicing of equipment. Schedule was flexible and the travel locations were vast and sometimes far.
Pros
Incentives and quarterly bonuses, benefits were good.
Cons
worked late into the night occasionally.
Loved this place
Physician Specialist, Mobility Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 3, 2015
Best job I ever had! Everyone who worked there left with the best training and value always doing the right thing. It has transcended into all the other jobs we have now.
fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  new braunfels texasSeptember 13, 2015
Really loved working here. Met many great friends and learned a lot about medicare and helping people with limited mobility. loved that the company was in town close to home.
Rewarding and enlightening marketing position
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Networking and establishing rapport with medical facilities and clients. Conducted product demonstrations and Medicare insurance processing procedures to medical professionals to generate referrals and sales. Documenting and organizing target marketing areas and clientele within the region. Management was professional and well organized. Co-workers were professional and well trained. A team building atmosphere was present in daily work processes. Hardest part of the job was not being able to reach a specific marketing group to offer services due to limited resources. Extremely rewarding when able to offer the support and assistance to clients, through their medical provider, in giving them independence back in their daily lives.
Call center with friendly marketing and sales
Marketing Response Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braufels, TXSeptember 8, 2015
my time was short lived but I enjoyed the friendly competition and always eventful daily activities on the sales floor. Great moral and culture.
Fun work environment
Inbound Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2015
Inbound Sales Support Specialist:
• Answered all incoming calls in company call center
• Explained Guaranteed Freedom Program and process
• Worked under HIPAA guidelines
• Communicated through email, phone, and LMS messaging system
challenging fast paced
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2015
The Scooter Store was a very good employer with a demanding work schedule that could make for long days. The management went out of their way to insure that employees were rewarded for exceptional customer service.
Pros
Good pay
Health place to work.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New BraunfelsJuly 23, 2015
Come to work and answer phones. Typical call center environment. But management made an effort to reduce the stressful environment that is normal for a call center.
Pros
Incentitives for good peformance.
Cons
Rigid work schedule.
Productive place with family values
MOBILITY SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandMay 28, 2015
long hours, but enjoyable with plenty of interactions. Family oriented with a good number of company parties. Good local management with good support for staff.
Pros
Sense of purpose, family oriented.
Cons
No longer in buisness.
was a fun place to work
BILLING & COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMay 12, 2015
This was a great atmosphere that was a fun to work at while helping those in need of freedom and independence. Throwing confetti was a fun way to highlight those accomplishments that were made and celebrating birthdays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Scooter Store, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6