The Scooter Store, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place with free gym and game room
Service Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 9, 2016
Came in at 7:30 answered phones helped the elderly with troubleshooting DME. I learned ten core ideologies. Management was great and made work fun. All my co-workers were helpful and one person keep a drawer full of snacks and candy. Hardest part of the job was learning when someone passed away. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the person on the other end of the phone line.
Pros
Free gym and game room
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work while I was there
Appeals Administrator Level II (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 3, 2015
I thought it was a fun place to work, I learned a lot and got a lot of appeals paid. I was also promoted to trainer to train the new staff
Pros
Very fun company to work for
Cons
They were forced to shut down
This was a great job!
Field Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 18, 2015
I loved working at The Scooter Store. I would have kept working there for many more years had they not gone out of business.
not very ethical company
Mobility Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 9, 2015
Overall the co workers were very honest and diligent. However the owners were not very straightforward with the way they managed the business which resulted in a closure.
Pros
dealing with senior cititzens was very rewarding
Cons
unethical ownership
Good place to work, travel was fun.
Mobility Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 4, 2015
Enjoyed customer service during deliveries and servicing of equipment. Schedule was flexible and the travel locations were vast and sometimes far.
Pros
Incentives and quarterly bonuses, benefits were good.
Cons
worked late into the night occasionally.
Loved this place
Physician Specialist, Mobility Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 3, 2015
Best job I ever had! Everyone who worked there left with the best training and value always doing the right thing. It has transcended into all the other jobs we have now.
fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  new braunfels texasSeptember 13, 2015
Really loved working here. Met many great friends and learned a lot about medicare and helping people with limited mobility. loved that the company was in town close to home.
Rewarding and enlightening marketing position
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Networking and establishing rapport with medical facilities and clients. Conducted product demonstrations and Medicare insurance processing procedures to medical professionals to generate referrals and sales. Documenting and organizing target marketing areas and clientele within the region. Management was professional and well organized. Co-workers were professional and well trained. A team building atmosphere was present in daily work processes. Hardest part of the job was not being able to reach a specific marketing group to offer services due to limited resources. Extremely rewarding when able to offer the support and assistance to clients, through their medical provider, in giving them independence back in their daily lives.
Call center with friendly marketing and sales
Marketing Response Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braufels, TXSeptember 8, 2015
my time was short lived but I enjoyed the friendly competition and always eventful daily activities on the sales floor. Great moral and culture.
Fun work environment
Inbound Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2015
Inbound Sales Support Specialist:
• Answered all incoming calls in company call center
• Explained Guaranteed Freedom Program and process
• Worked under HIPAA guidelines
• Communicated through email, phone, and LMS messaging system
challenging fast paced
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2015
The Scooter Store was a very good employer with a demanding work schedule that could make for long days. The management went out of their way to insure that employees were rewarded for exceptional customer service.
Pros
Good pay
Health place to work.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New BraunfelsJuly 23, 2015
Come to work and answer phones. Typical call center environment. But management made an effort to reduce the stressful environment that is normal for a call center.
Pros
Incentitives for good peformance.
Cons
Rigid work schedule.
Productive place with family values
MOBILITY SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandMay 28, 2015
long hours, but enjoyable with plenty of interactions. Family oriented with a good number of company parties. Good local management with good support for staff.
Pros
Sense of purpose, family oriented.
Cons
No longer in buisness.
was a fun place to work
BILLING & COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMay 12, 2015
This was a great atmosphere that was a fun to work at while helping those in need of freedom and independence. Throwing confetti was a fun way to highlight those accomplishments that were made and celebrating birthdays.
Best Company I've Worked For
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMarch 12, 2015
Since the company is now out of business, there's no sense in rating or providing a description.

This was an excellent company to work for and it's really too bad they were closed down. I never witnessed any fraud or abuse in this organization, just felt they were under the microscope and Medicare was able to find errors, this would be found in any organization because the rules an regulations have become so very tough that it's harder to keep your money. Every claim is subject to medical review and it every "I" isn't dotted and every "t" isn't crossed, you will repay the money regardless. It's not about medical need and physician order any longer, it's about finding a way to take money back to save the Medicare program money.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good place to work for, customer relationships very important.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 8, 2015
Load van in order of deliveries and repairs. Excellent customer service when training about the safe operation of power wheel chairs. I worked well with all co-workers we had to communicate with each other when a problem could not be resolved. The hardest part of the job was working outside in freezing weather. The most enjoyable part is the interacting with all the patients that I trained and repaired equipment on.
Management allow illegal coding and billing
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 30, 2015
I brought up incorrect/illegal coding and billing to my supervisor on three separate occasions. I was told by her to not worry about it and just bill the codes given. I told her it was illegal and that I did not want to go to jail. She told me not to worry about it. The fourth time it hapend I told her I was quitting my job and left. A few months later the Federal Government closed them down and people were arrested.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
just working for the scooter store is a con.
Every day, I knew I was helping someone with their mobilty
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Awesome culture, Excellent example of true Customer Service.
A great place to work while it lasted
Regional Mobility Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover Township, PAJanuary 13, 2015
This was the best job I've had overall. The money was good, the benefits and loose hours were awesome. I was a service tech, aka mobility manager. The work week was 45 hours. However, I rarely worked more than 35 and got paid for 45. We did our work well and went home. We had a great supervisor at our branch. A native of California, he was certainly California laid back and kept a mellow environment which all the employees liked.

Unfortunately, we had far too many cases of abuse and misuse of scooters and power chairs by our customers which in my opinion ran the company into the ground.

It was great while it lasted though.
Pros
the money, great hours, good boss, company van and laid back environment
Cons
went bankrupt and ridiculous van graphics
not a good company
Insurance Collections and Billing/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I did insurance billing and collections.
i left the company because they where not billing correctly nor where they refunding the over payments we would receive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Scooter Store, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5