The Scoular Company Employee Reviews

Performance based compensation, manage your own business
Manager (Current Employee) –  Unknown, UnknownJuly 10, 2017
Scoular seems to have a culture where each business unit is given a large amount of freedom to operate in the fashion that they believe will make them the most successful. I assume that there may be different cultures in place depending on who's umbrella you are working under. I really enjoy the culture in my unit. I feel that I am a major contributor over whether or not my location will be successful. People in the group are very knowledgeable, aggressive, and regularly share information with each other. One thing that I enjoy is that I don't think that success is purely measured with overall profitability, rather how many opportunities the market gave us. I also believe that compensation is largely based on individual performance, something that some of the competition does not do. Many company's are more likely to pay based on specific roles. If a person is in a position and brings much more than the average person in that role, I believe there compensation should be noticeably higher.
Pros
Freedom, benefits, culture, overall compensation
Cons
no major cons
wasnt bad at frist
mainenance/welder/fabercator (Former Employee) –  Weiser, IDApril 26, 2017
if you looking for a place to feel under appreciated and under paid look no farther. The Scoular Co is not a place I would ever recommend nor would I ever return to work there.
Corporate Management
Corporate Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 8, 2017
Hands down some of the best people I have ever met in my life.
I didn't agree with one what I consider a major safety concern, which was the belt style man life. I know that they are "grandfathered in" but they are a work fatality just waiting to happen..
Co-workers were very friendly
Merchant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 13, 2016
Manager was in a different office and not very flexible when family issues arose (didn't happen often).
I handled wheat transportation and then went on to help with warehousing and feed storage.
I handled warehousing, rail and trucking invoices.
My co-workers were wonderful and always around to help out if work became a little overwhelming.
I loved going to work every day.
Pros
co-workers, work atmosphere, parking allowance.
Cons
health care, non-communication with manager
Totally Hit-Or-Miss
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 23, 2015
Middle management is the worst I have ever witnessed. It's a pyramid of displacing blame all the way down. Some groups are better than others, some are horrible.

If you interview for this company, be absolutely sure to find out as much as you can about the business of the group you are interviewing for. Try to dig out as much information as you can so you can be certain the manager has a comprehensive business plan and isn't "winging it" week after week.

The pay is above average and it seems all they actually care about is being at work, results are much less weighed when evaluating employees. So just show up on time and leave after your boss, do whatever it is you're told to do and truly do not bother doing anything extra, because it will:
a.) go unnoticed or
b.) claimed to have been your superior's idea.
Pros
Great exposure to the markets and how they really work.
Cons
The company is a revolving door. About a 25% chance you get in with a good group, 75% chance you board a sinking ship.
Productive people fun environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 21, 2015
A typical day at the Scoular Company for me included answering telephone calls, maintaining the office supply room, sorting and delivering mail, booking conference rooms, and some filing. With this company, I've learned to communicate more effectively, manage my time, and how to work alone as well as with the a team. Management was friendly, fast, and reliable. My co workers were some amazing people as well. I don't think I had hard task although, staying on top of the high call volume could get stressful at times. However, I enjoyed everything about this job.
not my favorite
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Waverly, ILApril 1, 2014
had to work very long hours, and weekends, holidays. It is hard to manage work and family with this job.
Fun
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Channahon, ILFebruary 28, 2014
Enjoyed dealing with farmers. I was educated in the farming industry. Very exciting
Pros
Co-workers and farmers
Cons
Cold in winter
Good people, and business structure strong and effective
Commodity Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2013
Just overall good company to work for. Everyone worked on level playing field no matter what position you - all treated equally. Very progressive company.

Want to know more about The Scoular Company?

Ask a question