The Scoular Company Employee Reviews in United States

Totally Hit-Or-Miss
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 23, 2015
Middle management is the worst I have ever witnessed. It's a pyramid of displacing blame all the way down. Some groups are better than others, some are horrible.

If you interview for this company, be absolutely sure to find out as much as you can about the business of the group you are interviewing for. Try to dig out as much information as you can so you can be certain the manager has a comprehensive business plan and isn't "winging it" week after week.

The pay is above average and it seems all they actually care about is being at work, results are much less weighed when evaluating employees. So just show up on time and leave after your boss, do whatever it is you're told to do and truly do not bother doing anything extra, because it will:
a.) go unnoticed or
b.) claimed to have been your superior's idea.
Pros
Great exposure to the markets and how they really work.
Cons
The company is a revolving door. About a 25% chance you get in with a good group, 75% chance you board a sinking ship.
Productive people fun environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 21, 2015
A typical day at the Scoular Company for me included answering telephone calls, maintaining the office supply room, sorting and delivering mail, booking conference rooms, and some filing. With this company, I've learned to communicate more effectively, manage my time, and how to work alone as well as with the a team. Management was friendly, fast, and reliable. My co workers were some amazing people as well. I don't think I had hard task although, staying on top of the high call volume could get stressful at times. However, I enjoyed everything about this job.
not my favorite
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Waverly, ILApril 1, 2014
had to work very long hours, and weekends, holidays. It is hard to manage work and family with this job.
Good people, and business structure strong and effective
Commodity Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2013
Just overall good company to work for. Everyone worked on level playing field no matter what position you - all treated equally. Very progressive company.
Fun
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Channahon, ILFebruary 28, 2014
Enjoyed dealing with farmers. I was educated in the farming industry. Very exciting
Pros
co-workers and farmers
Cons
cold in winter

2.4