The Scripps Research Institute

The Scripps Research Institute Employer Reviews

Great Company
Animal Care Technician I (Current Employee), Jupiter, FLSeptember 8, 2014
This company is a great place to work. Coworkers are very friendly and have a team attitude. Benefits are AMAZING, Full benefits, 401k and 403b.
Temp
Animal Lab Technician (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: benifits excellent
Cons: no long enough there
I would love to work there again. Dept I was in was only temp. You where very independent.
Fun place to begin your career
Research Associate - Postdoctoral Scholar (Current Employee), Jupiter, FloridaMarch 27, 2014
Pros: get a lot to learn by yourself, feel independent
Cons: need to push a lot to get to next level
It is a good place to work. I typically start around 8.30 am almost every day. Have learnt a lot of science from daily research activities. My co-workers are also great. The hardest part of the job sometimes to get motivated. The most enjoyable part of work is the gatherings with fellow workers.
Nice place to work
IT Analyst II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2014
Good environment, good people, good science. Everything was spectacular, I wouldn't work any place else if I didn't move.
Truly a great and excellent research and science related firm.
Security Dispatcher/Lead Officer (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAFebruary 5, 2014
If you enjoy science or research in large firm then you will love working here.Located in beautiful Southern Ca only adds to the real enjoyment of the job. The professors and department heads at this firm truly do invest care and they do demonstrate respect to their employees. Yes, most positions here come with an excellent benefits package! Also, you – more... might like to know that this firm also has yet another large( separate) science research facility in Jupiter Florida...amazing how one company can exist in two different states (Florida and California) at the same time. – less
work with the best
Research Associate (K.D. Janda group) (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAOctober 25, 2013
state of the art facilities.
work with the best and brightest young scientists.
great atmosphere that bleeds a scientist culture.
Total fun research institute
Research associate (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAOctober 18, 2013
I did chemical biology study of stem cell self-renewal, learn chemical biology approaches.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Molecular Therapeutics) (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLOctober 5, 2013
Pros: good health care benefits
Cons: too many meetings
I loved working here with all the young, ambitious scientists. It was challenging
Very diverse place to work for.
Administrative Assistant III / Web Designer (Current Employee), La Jolla, CASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no room for advancement.
Most days I get in early so I can prep and run samples, get emails done and be ready to tackle the whole day dealing with supporting my PI and staff and answering questions from lab customers.
Great PhD!
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), La Jolla, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: no teaching responsibilities
A very strong PhD program with a strong focus on the research.
Productive yet fun workplace
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAJuly 2, 2013
beautiful environment. easy going workplace with friendly staff. we are productive when needed
fun workplace
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJune 28, 2013
Long working hours and interesting research topics. The most enjoyable part there is I joined one of the greatest research group and finished the total synthesis of Taxol,together with my coworkers.
Kind of dull but maintained cool equipment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJune 17, 2013
I was just the lab techie guy that would come out when stuff broke or I could improve a procedure. I met some cool people and used some cool tech.
A brand new institute with a bit of a rocky start
Research Assistant IV/ Lab Manager (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLJune 17, 2013
Pros: good science and new equipment
Cons: site issue and the temporary facility was not top notch
A typical day at work consisted of tissue culture, management of the lab,and cell based screens.
I learned a tremendous amount about starting up a lab and facility.
The management of the institute was from California and it was a little difficult without them on site.
My coworkers were really great,talented people devoted to the research.
The hardest – more... part about working there was that the permanent site for the institute was challenged in court and had to be abandoned. The uncertainty of this issue was a bit overwhelming.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was working with some really amazing people. – less
very professional working environment
Research Intern (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 26, 2013
Report to my supervisor and discuss the plan for the day
Conduct experiments and various analysis
lab report and group meetings
Challenging and non routine day to day job
Research Technician (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: flexible hours and decent benefits
Cons: conpensation is not that high and lay offs happen often.
Challenging and non routine day to day job that offers flexible hours.
A typical day of work would be divided between bench work on Molecular biology/Biochemistry experiments and Tissue culture work.
People from all over the world work at Scripps. This creates a nice multicultural experience.
Intellectually stimulating
Research Assistant I (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: sources of knowledge
Cons: work overtime
Worked over time to carry out my own experiments and meeting deadlines, while multi-tasking my primary duties such a vivarium upkeep, genotyping transgenic mice, and ELISAs on mouse serum samples.
Learned new molecular techniques and column chromatography.
Managed lab supplies, vivarium, and mouse database.
Assisted post docs with molecular techniques – more... for their experiment. Help trained new post docs on molecular techniques.
Hardest part of the job is troubleshoot experiments.
Most enjoyable part of the job is learning new techniques and speaking with intelligent scientists. – less
Great working environment.
Research Assistant/Lab Manager/Safety Officer (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 5, 2013
Collaborative team. Always look forward to going to work. Communication between lab research groups always encouraged through internal postings - it provided a good support system. The hardest part is lack of job security with the present US economy and lack of grant funding by NIH.
Great research institute
Research Intern (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: research experience with an animal model
Cons: unpaid internship
Great place to conduct research, it's difficult to handle rats which have just completed the cocaine study but it's rewarding to see the experiments perform as was expected
Hard work, but good people.
Post Graduate Research Associate (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAFebruary 8, 2013
Best part of going to work is the people that you work with. Smart, funny, hard working, and friendly.