SUMMER JOB: Seasonal from May – October 2014
LOCATION: Dulles , VA
PAY: $10 - $11.00/hour (Overtime 1.5 x times pay)
HOURS: 7 am – 3:30 pm (or until job completion; must be available to work overtime)
TRAINING: will be provided
The Mover/Helper position is responsible for assisting the driver in unpacking, removing the padding, unwrapping incidentals from pickup to delivery of household goods in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- MUST BE ENERGETIC WITH A WORK ETHIC
- Be able to work 7:00-3:30 (and work overtime)
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Must accurately complete all pre-employment forms
- Must pass a background and pre-employment drug tests
- Project businesslike manner and appearance at all times
- Agree to abide by company work rules
- Must be capable of heavy lifting (up to 75lbs)
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends or holidays
- Trustworthy and respectful in handing customers belongings
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments
- Possess positive energy and attitude
Must be aggressive in getting materials and equipment unto vehicle in preparation for services to be provided during your shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helper must follow instructions of driver/crew chief while on assignment.
- Helper must be aggressive in getting materials and equipment onto vehicle in preparation for services to be provided during his/her shift.
- Helpers must perform packing, padding, wrapping or unpacking incidental to pickup or delivery of household goods and advise driver/crew chief of quantity of cartons packed/unpacked.
- Packing must be performed according to established standards.
- Helpers are to be utilized by driver/crew chief as needed to enhance safe operation of vehicles and to assure quality performance of assigned duties at all times.
- Helpers must assist driver in loading/unloading vehicles or containers in a safe manner and handle household goods into or out of customer’s residence without causing damage to residence or household goods.
- When assigned to warehouse duties, mover will be given assignments by warehouse foreman and is to respond accordingly
- Be flexible in meeting customer requirements and adapting to their unique needs.
- Direct any inquiries from customer to the driver/crew chief.
- Must maintain clean, neat personal appearance, including neat hair cut, and neatly trimmed facial hair. Only authorized and approved uniform to be worn when reporting for work and while working, regardless of assignment. Wearing only parts of uniform is considered wearing none of the uniform. No additional attachments to uniform, such as badges or buttons, or excessive keys, chains, etc. are allowed.
**** For immediate consideration please come out to the warehouse located below to complete an application for employment. Please bring a resume with you.
44050 Mercure Circle
Dulles, VA 20166