The Service Companies Employee Reviews

Liars!
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Very bad management.... I wouldn't recommend the service company if my life depended on it. All they do is lie and scheme. Very dishonest mgt team...
Pros
Really nothing
Cons
Everything that this company stands for
Crazy
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
It's ok, can be a little crazy at times, since we are not fully staff is a bit stressful especially because i always had to do extra work, doing other people's jobs and having to be there past my schedule
Pros
Good people
Cons
No good benefits no pay vacation
Learned from my co workers
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 11, 2017
The hardest part of the job was getting off as late as I did and not having much time off like during the week. There were weeks where I only had one day off. It got old after a while but I enjoyed the shift I was on. I worked with a group from another country and really enjoyed working with them and being able to learn from them. There was a language barrier but that didn't stop us from learning from each other. I enjoyed that.
Pros
Free lunches to start off with and they only started charring $3.
Do not apply with this conpany!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LaAugust 25, 2017
The management has the worst attitudes! Could care less about the employees, will fire you even with a doctors note! Will fire you and say you were a no call no show and you weren't even on the schedule! (I still don't understand that part!) This company has had the worst reviews of all time and they're still up and running! The pay is unfair for the amount of work you do and what you have to deal with when it comes to management! I would never work here again, I woulfnt recommend working here even if it was life or death!
This job is ruff
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 16, 2017
I have worked for them at the horseshoe casino that place was hard to deal with. Its hard trying to please every boss you have they make the job 10 times harder. The pay is not worth what you have to do being a pa cleaner. You have to have alot of fortitude to work here. I wouldnt recommend it to any young person they hardly will last a month at this job.
Pros
sometime the casino have lunch for there workers u can eat there if u lucky its rare though
Cons
Good Place to learn and move to another company
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 9, 2017
Learned a lot about Human Resources, payroll. The best Payroll Department. Hardest part of the jib is find the right candidate for the right position for a low pay.
Pros
Training
Cons
Benefits, salary, micro- manage
Its's a very productive and growing workplace.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Black Hawk, COAugust 2, 2017
Typical day at work since is housekeeping is always hectic, but everyone works together to get it done on time and have a very productive day. I've been working for the company for about 1 year and 3 months and I've learned a lot, from housekeeping, to laundry, to being Office Coordinator. All opportunities given to me I've used to the max to move forward with the company. The culture at work is very diverse since we have employees from lots of different parts of the world, and language is not a barrier cause everyone helps each other out in understanding. The management team is as diverse as our employees, but all take their leadership role very serious and I've also learned a lot from them during my time here. The entire team is amazing and I see employees wanting to move up as i did, and learn, and i think that's a part that makes it all worth it, seeing everyone work hard, learn and grow. I would not say there is a certain bad part of the job, but like any job there are bad days, but i very much enjoy working with the Service Companies and look forward to keep on working, learning and growing. No job is made easy, you just have to learn and be willing to go with the whole process and make yourself better, to be in a better position.
Pros
Free lunch is a plus, and also working with a very diverse group of employees.
Cons
I would say the time it takes to get to work is a bit long, but its very manageable.
Fun. Job. Worked. In pool. Area.
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 31, 2017
Clean. Pool. Area. And. Five. Huge. Bathrooms. Was. Golden. Nugget. Casino. Lake. Charles. Outside. Work. So. Delt with. Weather. Fun. Environment. Vacation. Spot.made. beds. In. Hotel. When. Needed
Pros
Vacation. Enviroment
Cons
Woeked. Outside. Hot. And. Cold weather
review
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 18, 2017
went to work clocked in got the supplies I needed for the work I had to do for the day I learned that teamwork is organized and is better when everyone is on the same page and also when the supervisor actually cares about the employees
Pros
always had supplies
Do not work here
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 7, 2017
Worked at Louisiana Downs for the Service Companies on the midnight shift.Very poor management and blatant racism.Pay is 50 cents over minimum wage and they did not pay for breaks.Good workers end up making up for workers that do not do much because management does not watch them or they do not care.Very hard work on your body with very little pay.Too much politicking and game playing going on and it never ends.After I complained to HR they volunteered to move me to another casino and then said they could not do it because they do not have enough people at Louisianna Downs to work.We had 8 people quit on a 14 crew shift,instead of dealing with the problems there,they hire more people that do not end up staying there because of poor management etc.
Cons
Poor management, low pay, bias.
Productive workplace, Casino environment
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
The pay was good, but the mangers was horrible.. very rude and non understanding of certain situations to the employees.. my contract ended and I went to Walmart.
Pros
Free transportation for employees
Cons
No free lunch
Productive always work to be done.
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 17, 2017
A job that every employee should start at 10.00hr because you cover a large area of work and it can wear your body down in a short period of time. I would only recommend this job to someone how hasn't found a job in a long time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Awesome staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 5, 2017
Its a hard job, cleaning everyday all day. But coming to work with people you get a long with makes the day great and go smoother. I recommend working there
One of the best companies i have ever worked for they pay close attention to their employees.
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 16, 2017
Very good company would recommend it to any one looking to work. It keeps more people employed than probably most overall cleaning companies in the united states.
Pros
Free lunch always giveaways birthday recognition
The Service Companies is a promising company to work for.
Housekeeping Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 10, 2017
I have been with The Service Companies for one year and three months.
The leadership is quality, employees are respected. Good work environment;however with any place of employment there of course are areas which could be improved.
I enjoy both the interaction with co-workers as well as with the guest.
Overall my experience with The Service Companies has been postive.
Pros
Exciting fast pace work day.
Cons
Long days
Great Place to Work
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2017
Great company with lots of room to grow, management team motivates and helps you grow in your professional career. Everyday is a new learning experience.
Great company and work place.
Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 28, 2017
Every day is a different day, That's what makes this job interesting. I've learned the value and recognition of the employees when they go above and beyond and use service above all. Management is very uplifting and encouraging. They always guide you in the right direction to do your best and are there to support you in every way. There is nothing hard about this job, we work as family and our company gives you all the tools that you will need to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is pre-shift meeting when you see all of your employees walk in with a smile on their face and at the end of the day when everyone is still as happy & full of energy. Another great addition is when you are able to meet the CEO of the company and work directly with him.
Pros
Transportation for employees, uniform, tools.
Great People, Wonderful Culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tunica, MSApril 24, 2017
I've been working for The Service Companies for a short period of time. Out of my brief tenure there. I've found the co.pany to be very innovative and team member centric. That's from the top of the company down to the hard working people. We have the freedom to share ideas and learn how to be better teammates. The operations calls are always forward thinking and fun. Our HR team is top notch. It's hard work but it's always fun.
Pros
Innovation and Leadership
It was alright
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INApril 20, 2017
A lot, a lot of work with pay that does not balance out. Management is unorganized, working conditions could be improved on, very understaffed, not a lot of support
Multiple markets/work places
Rgional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Midwest RegionApril 17, 2017
At TSC, we have the ability to manage and create guest experiences in multiple markets/segments of the Hospitality Industry. We pride ourselves on being the best in the business and I feel we do so on a daily basis.
Pros
immediate guidance from senior leadership
Cons
Difficult staffing markets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Service Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8