The Shelter Group Employee Reviews

productive and welcoming enviorment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2016
The Shelter Group was filled with a warm and welcoming work area as well as supportive in developing my IT skills and supporting me in moving up within the company.
Pros
supporting staff, ability to move up within company
Productive and interesting to work for
Resident Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 22, 2015
Everyday brings on a new scenario and you never did the same thing each day. The job itself was very productive to the community, and everyone benefited with the different activities that were presented. The down fall was the office itself is very small, so therefore you never had your own space and not enough computers.
Pros
free lunch each month
Cons
terrible dental and vision plans
Typical Office Job but GREAT Group to work for within company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2015
My group is great and I am lucky to work for this group. I would say the company as a whole has it's good points and it's downsides but they try very hard to work on their downsides.
Great company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 30, 2015
The staff is amazing and everyone gets along great! Company looks out for their employees and it is understandable that they have been voted Baltimore #1 place to work!
Pros
Small group of close co-workers
Cons
Can't think of any at this time
Great company
Senior Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDMarch 1, 2015
The Shelter Group is a great teaching company. They offer many areas of property management. They provide excellent training and monitoring.
Good Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 21, 2015
Overall a nice LIHTC Property management company. TCS training provided to management.
Professional, Fun, Fast-Paced Work Environment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 23, 2014
A typical day at work would be to open the office, have a 10 minute team meeting. Inspect tour routes, curb appeal, inspect models and mini models. Then I would report any maintenance issues right away. I immediately would set appointments and respond to hot leads with urgency!!! Throughout the day I would update the phone call log, respond to email inquiries, create guest cards for all prospects via email, phone or walk-ins. I'd dedicate myself to Product/Community knowledge, tour the community with prospects, exlain the Application process, prepare and signing of lease package, assist new move ins, assisting current residents with their needs and concerns. Assist in planning of residential services.

In this position, the only hardest part of this job, in which I've experienced is a maintenance issue. The maintenance issue was an overfloaded toilet that had affected more that two resident apartments. The building was under warranty, so the issues eventually became resolved, but it took almost a week to correct the apartments and the flood damages.

The most enjoyable part of the job were meeting new faces everyday and working as a team player. There were only 6 of us, 4 office staff and 2 maintenance staff. We created such a tight-knit bond which felt like a second family, thus making it enjoyable. I believe that success as a business or a community, every team member should have a strong work ethic, dedicated, knowledgeable, well rounded at multitasking and be briefed on common goals of the work environment.
Excellent Company to work for!!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark DelawareSeptember 5, 2013
This is a great company that cares about their employees and offers so much support in order to develop their talent! A professional company that is growing and expanding because of their core values!
No advancement
AP Processor/ Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2012
The Shelter Group had a nice environment and the team I worked with was excellent. But after completing my degree, I was held at the same level without an opportunity to advance and grow within the company.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
no advancement opportunities