The Shelter Group

The Shelter Group Employer Reviews

Professional, Fun, Fast-Paced Work Environment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Columbia, MDFebruary 23, 2014
A typical day at work would be to open the office, have a 10 minute team meeting. Inspect tour routes, curb appeal, inspect models and mini models. Then I would report any maintenance issues right away. I immediately would set appointments and respond to hot leads with urgency!!! Throughout the day I would update the phone call log, respond to email inquiries, create guest cards for all prospects via email, phone or walk-ins. I'd dedicate myself to Product/Community knowledge, tour the community with prospects, exlain the Application process, prepare and signing of lease package, assist new move ins, assisting current residents with their needs and concerns. Assist in planning of residential services.

In this position, the only hardest part of this job, in which I've experienced is a maintenance issue. The maintenance issue was an overfloaded toilet that had affected more that two resident apartments. The building was under warranty, so the issues eventually became resolved, but it took almost a week to correct the apartments and the flood damages.

The most enjoyable part of the job were meeting new faces everyday and working as a team player. There were only 6 of us, 4 office staff and 2 maintenance staff. We created such a tight-knit bond which felt like a second family, thus making it enjoyable. I believe that success as a business or a community, every team member should have a strong work ethic, dedicated, knowledgeable, well rounded at multitasking and be briefed on common goals of the work environment.
Excellent Company to work for!!!
Property Manager (Former Employee), Newark DelawareSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: everything
This is a great company that cares about their employees and offers so much support in order to develop their talent! A professional company that is growing and expanding because of their core values!
No advancement
AP Processor/ Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2012
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: no advancement opportunities
The Shelter Group had a nice environment and the team I worked with was excellent. But after completing my degree, I was held at the same level without an opportunity to advance and grow within the company.

About The Shelter Group

The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company┬áinvests in, develops, renovates, and manages – Read more