The Sheridan Press

The Sheridan Press Employer Reviews

Hardworking, fast-paced workforce. Team oriented for the most part.
Binder Operator, Plate Maker, Shipper (Former Employee), Hanover, PAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: able to keep moving, able to associate with others while working
Cons: breaks only when time available, standing on concrete in most departments, 12 hour shifts are painful when no chance to sit
Set up trimmer to the required size job, run and participate in the production of the run, inspect and fix any problems detected. Clean flats with images on them and then burn those images onto blueline paper and plates for presses. Read job jackets, box books and ship to required destinations.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Hanover, PAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: i learned alot
Cons: paper dust in the air
Typical day, I just simply did what I was told to do, considering it was just and internship. I learned how a big company was run. Everyone was very nice to me. I didn't care for all the paper dust in the air. I enjoyed all the paper work.
Good solid place to work.
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee), Hanover,PASeptember 7, 2012
Pros: helpful supervisors
Ran a printing press to production standards.Very high paced job,attention to detail a must!
Liked my job - worked with wonderful people!
Account Manager (Former Employee), Account ManagementAugust 1, 2012
Pros: wonderful people
Cons: stressful job
First thing in the morning I went through all the emails, prioritized and processed and work that was sent in. I received quite a bit of work in the mail so I could not process any of that until around noon. I updated the customers with print schedules and/or questions or problems throughout the day. Discussed projects with our prepress dept and scheduled – more... launches with the dept managers for new projects. I was responsible for monthly and yearly projections and reported them to our dept supervisor. I had a very supportive manager and I worked with the best team in the world! The hardest part of the job was telling someone we had a problem on press, couldn't meet a schedule, telling them a conference shipment wasn't going to make it or finding a problem after their journal was printed and mailed. The best part of my job was the people I worked with. I was on a team that handled high risk accounts and could be quite stressful. Their calm demeanor and professionalism made it a pleasure to go to work everyday. – less