The Source

The Source Employer Reviews

Excellent leadership Organization
Manager (Current Employee), MarylandJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: outside oppositions
This is an excellent leadership organization to be a team player of. It is very diverse and gives each individual an opportunity to work as a learning organization.
fun workplace
Scanner/Data Entry/Front Receptionist (Former Employee), new york,new yorkAugust 12, 2013
management was very orginized, very friendly environment
Hard teamwork because every salesmen were paid with bonuses
Salesman (Former Employee), Sherbrooke, NDJuly 29, 2013
Hard teamwork because every salesmen were paid with bonuses. It was a good job as a student.
Great place to network.
Visual Contributor (Current Employee), New York, Atlanta, LANovember 9, 2012
To me the Source Magazine was an amazing place to learn about so much in the entertainment industry. Allows you to brush up and to improve your skills.
I worked as a shipper/receiver
Shipper/Receiver and Merchandiser (Former Employee), Dixie Outlet MallMarch 1, 2012
Pros: great discounts
Cons: poor management
I was the shipper/receiver at this location and managed the stock on a daily basis as well and organizing an restocking the store.
Good pay, room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 22, 2014
Good pay, room for advancement. Emphasis on customer service and growing customer service skills.
Fun at first, but not so much lately
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2014
Pros: discounts, some medical/dental coverage, on a busy day commision
Cons: lack of raises, 3-5 hrs a day, vacations cut short, bullying
A typical day at work is when I come in the afternoon for my shift, manager goes over a daily planner. I have learned about different products of the store over the years. The management is unpredictable at best. It is difficult on getting a raise from him His moods are always different day by day. He can be playful at times while being somewhat of – more... a bully at others, by texting you on a mistake that you made a few days back, while already feeling guilty. My co-workers can be great at times, but feel like I am in a 'cut throat' environment, with cell phone competition, while one talks to a customer on one day about buying a cell phone, then next the same customer goes to a different day while you are not there to sell it and the co worker or manager gets the sale and you don't get the commission. The hardest part of the job, is that I can not please everyone.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when new product comes in. – less
Really enjoyed it, great experience!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONJune 17, 2014
The job was very interesting, I was a sales associate for both Bell Mobility Canada, and for The Source.
Excellent place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 6, 2014
- Amazing place to work at.
- Great Team
- Great Atmosphere
- Challenging yet very interesting work
It was semi-productive but could use a good look at management.
Cashier/Assistant manager (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: the paycheck.
Cons: everything else.
I would go in and pray for customers it really isn't that busy. I learned how to sell bell. I have no good words about management. The hardest part of the job was trying to be civil with management. The most enjoyable part of my day was leaving.
On Phone
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Greater Toronto Area, ONMay 27, 2014
Job Work/Life Balance - 5/10
Salary - 3/10
Benefits - 0/10
Job Security/Advancement - 2/10
Management - 4/10
Job Culture - 4/10
Fast-paced environment with an always changing product market.
Sales Associate/Shift Leader (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 13, 2014
A typical day for me consists of arriving early, doing daily communication and inventory management routines, then opening the doors to the public. In electronics there is always something new, but especially with The Source's focus on cellular service and wireless devices, the change comes that much faster. I learned to keep on top of all the news – more... in my field of business not just our own. Always checking competitors offers to see where we stand and where our advantage is was key to closing the sale. Although I have never help an official management position I have performed managerial tasks for a majority of my time with The Source. My experience and drive lead my managers to leave me in charge of store operations during their absence for conferences held throughout the year. I enjoy the various competitions held internally to drive us to better sales goals, as well as the built in reward program for those who can perform well. – less
Fun place to interact with people while making sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 9, 2014
Great place to start in retail if you enjoy talking to people and enjoy meeting and exceeding sales target, than it would be an ideal placement.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCMay 4, 2014
Pros: lots to learn, great coworkers, friendly competitions to keep things interesting.
Great coworkers helped me learn what to do, easy job advancement if you want to, lots of fun and friendly competitions, always learning something new about electronics and gaming.
FUN ENVIROMENT
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), EDMONTON, ABMay 1, 2014
GREAT FOR STUDENTS THAT CANNOT WORK THE ENTIRE 5 DAYS A WEEK, NINE TO FIVE, VERY ACCOMMODATING AND APPROCHABLE
Retail
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMay 1, 2014
Great part-time experience especially as a student. Allows for one passionate about electronics to do what you love.
Sexist and transphobic boss
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONApril 17, 2014
Cons: sexist, transphobic, unfair
Sexist & transphobic boss. Did not let me work the cash at all, confined me to back room as a stockperson when my job title was sales rep. Did not let me know about tests, did not get me proper clothing when all other new employees got their clothing in less than a week.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 26, 2014
it was fun and knowledge of product was very helpful. always something new to learn
Just a lot of fun to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: makes extra money with selling warranties.
Cons: can be slow at times.
There's never a dull moment working at the Source. Staff is very helpful and management is great to work for.
Fun and friendly environment
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: commission
Cons: sales pressure
We sell Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile services. Our day mostly consists of selling the wireless services. We have extensive knowledge about the electronics and latest technologies and devices. The hardest part of the work gathering information from customers in order to provide the best deal we have. Customers usually hesitant about talking and discussing – more... what they have. I learned how to make sales effectively and satisfy our customers. – less

1 2 3 4