We’re Flywheel - we make the mobile app Flywheel (formerly Cabulous), that allows you to find available taxis, hail, and pay all from your smartphone. We’re growing and our app is taking off -- Flywheel was even mentioned as one of the hottest mobile apps of 2012 in SFGate and TechCrunch.
We work with the users who want to hail a cab on their smartphone, drivers who can pick up fares and process payments, and dispatchers who can manage their fleets – all through our Flywheel app!
We’ve brought together the brightest talent and use cutting edge technology to continue to grow our market share, but we need your expertise to help us continue the fun through 2013 and beyond.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to help take our deployment and integration process to the next level. As we’ve grown our programs from pilot to nationwide and international, the same old tools aren’t working anymore to efficiently deploy code or handle our growing user traffic (pun intended).
We’ve decided to switch over from Jenkins into continuous integration with Chef that will deploy to Amazon EC2, and we need your expertise. If you’ve got experience with Amazon EC2 and implementing these newer technologies and practices, we’d be excited to talk to you!
Here are some of the challenges you’ll conquer as our founding DevOps engineer:
- You’ll straddle the worlds of development, operations, release and continuous deployment
- You’ll help us bridge from our continuous integration environment running Jenkins to a continuous deployment model pushing Amazon EC2 with Chef
- You’ll be responsible for monitoring the entire system and be the one we turn to when our instances go down – you’ll be the one to save the day!
If you’re interested in learning the newest technologies in an environment where you’ll make an immediate impact, join Flywheel where you’ll be appreciated for your ideas and see your contributions make an important difference.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Some professional experience in DevOps, software engineering or SRE – large or small company, your experience is a valuable asset to us!
- Strong UNIX/Linux skills
- Experience using testing tools such as RSpec, Selenium, Cucumber, Jasmine, Emir – bonus points for more than one!
- Experience with deployment tools like Chef
- Systems monitoring experience with Nagios
- Integration experience with Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience developing or supporting a consumer-facing application
- Experience with test automation – writing or fixing, we’d love to hear about it
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Stock Options
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- A brand-spankin’ new state of the art office space near CalTrain
How To Apply:
- The Sourcery will be your easy first point of contact
- All applications receive a response
- All applications are kept strictly confidential
- To apply, go to: http://www.thesourcery.com/jobs/449/applications/new