MongoLab is fully-managed cloud database service featuring highly-available MongoDB databases, automated backups, web-based tools, 24/7 monitoring, and expert support. Developers absolutely love us because our Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) allows them to focus their attention on product development instead of operations.
We're headquartered in the Mission/Potrero area of San Francisco and are well-funded by premier venture and angel investors including Foundry Group, Baseline Ventures, GRP Partners, Freestyle Capital and David Cohen of TechStars.
What makes us happiest? Innovating, automating, controlling lots and lots of machines, helping other software developers, and giving back to our community. In addition to checking out our website, you should look at our open-source tools and our blog!
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will join us in scaling MongoLab from managing
tens of thousands of databases to managing millions of databases at ever-increasing
levels of complexity.
In the process, you'll be exposed to every major cloud provider and infrastructure technology. We currently run on AWS, Joyent, Rackspace and Windows Azure and have integrated with all of the major Platform-as-a-Service providers (Heroku et al.). You'll also become an expert in MongoLab's stack which is a combination of Python, Node.js, Java and of course, MongoDB.
You'll work on things like:
- Node.js and Python tools/services for automating the entire lifecycle of database servers and clusters
- Essential tools for MongoDB, including our backup engine and large-scale monitoring systems
- APIs for integrating with users and providers across the as-a-service spectrum
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a CS degree and a couple of years of experience as a software developer
- Knows more than one object-oriented programming language
- Has some experience with MongoDB or an extremely strong interest in learning it
- Has experience working at a startup or a major tech company
Bonus points for:
- Being a tinkerer! Show us any personal projects you've worked on, GitHub projects you've forked, etc.
- Enjoying technical writing and understanding the value of all forms of documentation (APIs, manuals, blogs, tutorials, etc.) in the development community
- Being naturally inclined to provide unbelievable customer service
- Being completely in love with MongoDB
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary, health benefits, equity
- Tons of leadership opportunities as you grow with our company
- The chance to go outside your normal duties and work on our blog, attend hackathons and conferences, speak at events, contribute to StackOverflow and open-source development, and anything else you're interested in that can add to our community
- An environment that gives you the flexibility to seize moments of inspiration
- We're open to contract-to-hire as well as straight to full time... just let us know what you prefer!
How to apply:
- The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
- All applications receive a response.
- All applications are kept strictly confidential.
- To apply, go to: http://www.thesourcery.com/jobs/484/applications/new