The South Bend Clinic Employee Reviews

Sbc
confidential (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 27, 2015
I worked here for several years and held as many as 4 different positions within the clinic. They do offer advancements for established employees, but be prepared to take on new tasks with little to no training. Each time I transferred I was basically thrown to the wolves. Pay is very much on the low end of the scale unless you've been there for 10+ years and have a manager that will fight for your raises, but good luck with that as budgets are always an issue. Had an opportunity to come back to the clinic and declined as I would have to take a pay cut for a higher position than I currently have.
Pros
Hours
Worst job I've ever had
PSR (Former Employee) –  Granger, INJanuary 30, 2014
I do not recommend working for SBC. More notably if it's the Granger office. Poor training once you go through the initial training off-site (which is only 2 days). Management is a joke. back of the house staff is rude. I counted 11 people that quit in the short time I worked there. The computers kept crashing in the middle of a busy day. IT had to come out several times and never fixed the issues. I was thrown on coding, billing, specialty scheduling all of which required more training and I was not given any. Staff there is so busy that they have no time to answer a new persons questions or provide guidance. You basically have to figure it out on your own and this is dealing with PATIENT CARE. Also, everything is done right at the front desk while checking patients in and out...so HIPAA is violated daily.
Pros
going home for the day.
Cons
too many to list.
Good place to work for new Grad
CMA (Former Employee) –  AllergyJune 14, 2013
I enjoyed what I did for dept but everyone wanted to try and be boss. Friday schedules were all messed up. Everyone worked over through the week so if you were low man on pole, you got to work all day on Friday's and they got to leave early. There is a lot of work load for little pay and Raises were prorated. I felt that I did not get the pay for what I was worth. Great job for new grad but Not my life long dream.
Cons
raises and pay
Quality of Care
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 1, 2013
I enjoy working with patients. I will assist 20 patient's a day.
Pros
floating to 4 to 5 departments
Cons
n/a
Highly active and time demanding job with great organizational skills.
Heath Information Tech II (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 9, 2012
I learned how to file medical records in patients charts, I also thinned charts and purged charts when needed. I also filed and re-filed charts, this is a big clinic with 200,000 charts so you have to manage your time accordingly to a multitude of doctors. The South Bend Clinic also switched to electronic filing in which I prepared the charts to be scanned electronically and filed electronically. I also delivered charts for appointments to all doctors departments two days before the patients appointments. The hardest part of my job was delivering charts in a cart because it was really heavy and very physically demanding. I enjoyed electronic filing and paper filing. I also enjoyed thinning the charts and organizing the charts so that it was easier to handle and read.
Pros
free lunches, 1 hour lunches
Cons
unorganization and cleanliness