The South Bend Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Bad, bad, bad.
LPN (Former Employee) –  GrangerMay 26, 2016
Worst place I've ever worked. Was there over 10 years then was thrown under the bus when I was off on FMLA at the direction of my family physician who was also the president of the clinic. Management is two faced and won't hesitate to stab you in the back. Management shows favoritism. Policy is different for every employee depending on if management liked you or not. I worked at the Granger site as a nurse and liked and trusted the physician I worked for and some of the employees. Pay was very low. Office manager had no medical training and was clueless. Training for EMR was inadequate. Some favorite employees left as soon as 5pm hit. The rest of us had to stay until the job was done. Then get yelled at for overtime.
Pros
Cons
No breaks. Short lunch "hour" if any. Never got of on time. Low pay
Could be better
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 20, 2016
An okay company, everyone is fair, a few opportunities for growth. Management listens to understand and will try to offer solutions if possible.
Cons
Growth
Providers were great to work with, management is absolutely clueless
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  All locationsMay 2, 2016
The position I had, was very unique, as it was a one person job. My direct supervisor could not even handle my job for an hour, all of my vacations were working (I had to always have my phone and computer assessable for immediate access it called). I loved what I did, for the most part the people were great that I worked with, pay was on the low-end. The CEO and (old) CFO were great. They understood my position, and remembered things that were discussed regarding my job or the process. My boss did not, and could not remember any part of my job, making it very difficult to do my job quickly and adequately when I had to keep re-explaining the details week after week. In the end, I believe politics were running all of the decisions, as we were months into the potential merge with the Beacon Health System, and positions were not guaranteed. I was sad to leave, but I learned a ton there, made great friends, and gained a lot of life and work experience. I trust the majority of the physicians, as my whole family are patients there.
Pros
Flexibility in the location where I worked, benefits used to be very good
Cons
The middle management, and new CFO's lack of knowledge or the ability to understand mostly anything.
Cares about employees.
Health Information Technician I & II (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 3, 2015
The South Bend Clinic really cares about their employees. Had great co-workers and made daily functions more enjoyable.
Sbc
confidential (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 27, 2015
I worked here for several years and held as many as 4 different positions within the clinic. They do offer advancements for established employees, but be prepared to take on new tasks with little to no training. Each time I transferred I was basically thrown to the wolves. Pay is very much on the low end of the scale unless you've been there for 10+ years and have a manager that will fight for your raises, but good luck with that as budgets are always an issue. Had an opportunity to come back to the clinic and declined as I would have to take a pay cut for a higher position than I currently have.
Pros
Hours
Worst job I've ever had
PSR (Former Employee) –  Granger, INJanuary 30, 2014
I do not recommend working for SBC. More notably if it's the Granger office. Poor training once you go through the initial training off-site (which is only 2 days). Management is a joke. back of the house staff is rude. I counted 11 people that quit in the short time I worked there. The computers kept crashing in the middle of a busy day. IT had to come out several times and never fixed the issues. I was thrown on coding, billing, specialty scheduling all of which required more training and I was not given any. Staff there is so busy that they have no time to answer a new persons questions or provide guidance. You basically have to figure it out on your own and this is dealing with PATIENT CARE. Also, everything is done right at the front desk while checking patients in and out...so HIPAA is violated daily.
Pros
going home for the day.
Cons
too many to list.
Good place to work for new Grad
CMA (Former Employee) –  AllergyJune 14, 2013
I enjoyed what I did for dept but everyone wanted to try and be boss. Friday schedules were all messed up. Everyone worked over through the week so if you were low man on pole, you got to work all day on Friday's and they got to leave early. There is a lot of work load for little pay and Raises were prorated. I felt that I did not get the pay for what I was worth. Great job for new grad but Not my life long dream.
Cons
raises and pay
Quality of Care
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 1, 2013
I enjoy working with patients. I will assist 20 patient's a day.
Pros
floating to 4 to 5 departments
Cons
n/a

2.8