The South Bend Clinic Employee Reviews

Providers were great to work with, management is absolutely clueless
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  All locationsMay 2, 2016
The position I had, was very unique, as it was a one person job. My direct supervisor could not even handle my job for an hour, all of my vacations were working (I had to always have my phone and computer assessable for immediate access it called). I loved what I did, for the most part the people were great that I worked with, pay was on the low-end. The CEO and (old) CFO were great. They understood my position, and remembered things that were discussed regarding my job or the process. My boss did not, and could not remember any part of my job, making it very difficult to do my job quickly and adequately when I had to keep re-explaining the details week after week. In the end, I believe politics were running all of the decisions, as we were months into the potential merge with the Beacon Health System, and positions were not guaranteed. I was sad to leave, but I learned a ton there, made great friends, and gained a lot of life and work experience. I trust the majority of the physicians, as my whole family are patients there.
Pros
Flexibility in the location where I worked, benefits used to be very good
Cons
The middle management, and new CFO's lack of knowledge or the ability to understand mostly anything.
a joke
past employee (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 23, 2016
management does not care about employees and doesn't have a clue how to treat them. They have no clue on the hiring process either it's not about how good or experienced you are its all about if they like you or not.....
benefits
Cons
everything
Bad, bad, bad.
LPN (Former Employee) –  GrangerMay 26, 2016
Worst place I've ever worked. Was there over 10 years then was thrown under the bus when I was off on FMLA at the direction of my family physician who was also the president of the clinic. Management is two faced and won't hesitate to stab you in the back. Management shows favoritism. Policy is different for every employee depending on if management liked you or not. I worked at the Granger site as a nurse and liked and trusted the physician I worked for and some of the employees. Pay was very low. Office manager had no medical training and was clueless. Training for EMR was inadequate. Some favorite employees left as soon as 5pm hit. The rest of us had to stay until the job was done. Then get yelled at for overtime.
Pros
Cons
No breaks. Short lunch "hour" if any. Never got of on time. Low pay
Disappointment
PSR/Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 24, 2016
Management is one sided, along with being unprofessional and way too much favoritism. HIPPA is violated on the regular and low pay for all that you do
Pros
Nothing I can add
Cons
Lack of respect, trust, and professionalism
Sbc
confidential (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 27, 2015
I worked here for several years and held as many as 4 different positions within the clinic. They do offer advancements for established employees, but be prepared to take on new tasks with little to no training. Each time I transferred I was basically thrown to the wolves. Pay is very much on the low end of the scale unless you've been there for 10+ years and have a manager that will fight for your raises, but good luck with that as budgets are always an issue. Had an opportunity to come back to the clinic and declined as I would have to take a pay cut for a higher position than I currently have.
Pros
Hours
Could be better
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 20, 2016
An okay company, everyone is fair, a few opportunities for growth. Management listens to understand and will try to offer solutions if possible.
Cons
Growth
Summary
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 5, 2016
I go in and do PA's, room a patient, Pulmonary function test. Allergy testing and readying, sen in Rx. Give patients allergy shots. Fill allergy shot trays.
Good place to work for new Grad
CMA (Former Employee) –  AllergyJune 14, 2013
I enjoyed what I did for dept but everyone wanted to try and be boss. Friday schedules were all messed up. Everyone worked over through the week so if you were low man on pole, you got to work all day on Friday's and they got to leave early. There is a lot of work load for little pay and Raises were prorated. I felt that I did not get the pay for what I was worth. Great job for new grad but Not my life long dream.
Cons
raises and pay
Cares about employees.
Health Information Technician I & II (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 3, 2015
The South Bend Clinic really cares about their employees. Had great co-workers and made daily functions more enjoyable.
Highly active and time demanding job with great organizational skills.
Heath Information Tech II (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 9, 2012
I learned how to file medical records in patients charts, I also thinned charts and purged charts when needed. I also filed and re-filed charts, this is a big clinic with 200,000 charts so you have to manage your time accordingly to a multitude of doctors. The South Bend Clinic also switched to electronic filing in which I prepared the charts to be scanned electronically and filed electronically. I also delivered charts for appointments to all doctors departments two days before the patients appointments. The hardest part of my job was delivering charts in a cart because it was really heavy and very physically demanding. I enjoyed electronic filing and paper filing. I also enjoyed thinning the charts and organizing the charts so that it was easier to handle and read.
Pros
free lunches, 1 hour lunches
Cons
unorganization and cleanliness
Quality of Care
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 1, 2013
I enjoy working with patients. I will assist 20 patient's a day.
Pros
floating to 4 to 5 departments
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The South Bend Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8