This candidate must have experience with WordPress backend web development as well as front end, with an eye for an appealing GUI. Knowledge and experience in plug in development and caching plug-ins to create custom reporting to work with systems a plus. Desired Candidate should have at least 5 years’ experience with developing websites from scratch and strong knowledge of various programming technologies.
- Must demonstrate strong experience with the WordPress platform development, and have the ability to develop or customize WordPress pages and plug-ins from scratch to enhance existing legacy plug-in middleware. Ability to develop custom content management systems interfaces and themes a plus.
- Ability to convert designer’s Photoshop files to WordPress.
- Strong PHP and MySQL skills
- Expert level knowledge of semantic HTML and table-less CSS Web development – syntax and application
- Expert level knowledge of implementing complex interfaces across multiple platforms and cross browser CSS issues — specifically for Internet Explorer
- A passion for standards-based HTML/CSS development, user centered design, web usability principle, 508 compliant accessibility, capabilities of different platforms/browsers, and design constraints on the web
- Ability to quickly hand-code HTML and table-less CSS from existing website examples online, including Photoshop Mockups.
- Possess knowledge and skills to create mobile website versions of wordpress websites, using plugins or CSS redirects.
- Excellent communication, team work, collaboration skills required, plus attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks professionally keeping departments up-to-date on the status.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Must be highly organized, strong attention to detail and excellent follow thru.
- Self-starter with ability to thrive under pressure in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Willingness & dedication to take ownership of the future website development strategies and goals.
- Maintain current knowledge of technologies and interface standards
- Must be able to meet deadlines balancing speed, accuracy and costs.
- Experience with FTP and similar tools for site maintenance
- Knowledge of Wordpress MU folder architecture and setup.
Please submit your resume, along with a list of your most relevant website development projects. Please also note to what degree your involvement with each of these website development projects was, listed in the submitted portfolio.