PRODUCTION OPERATOR JOB
We are currently seeking qualified candidates who share our commitment to excellence to fill extrusion operator positions at our Romulus and Monroe locations.
The primary purpose of the job is to operate all plastic extrusion and downstream equipment and run all production jobs with minimal supervision. In addition, this position is responsible for effectively producing high quality products.
Founded in 1955, The Spiratex Company has pioneered many innovative plastics manufacturing technologies combining the latest extrusion technology, and an uncompromising commitment to quality. As a result, Spiratex is a leader in the thermoplastic extrusion industry today. Spiratex prides itself on its exemplary work ethic and dedication to problem solving in all industries. www.spiratex.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start and size jobs and operate all extrusion jobs with minimal supervision.
- Perform basic set-up and tear down of extruders and downstream equipment with minimal supervision.
- Complete basic die maintenance (includes cleaning, polishing, rust-proofing, and warehousing).
- Change tubing and profile dies.
- Understand and properly use measuring equipment.
- Complete required paperwork (Set-up sheets, maintenance requests, machine shop requests, etc.).
- Generate bar code labels and tag parts.
- Understand and properly perform all statistical process control requirements including entering basic production data entry into the computer.
- Adjust machinery as needed (take-off speed, screw speed, temperature, air and water pressure, etc.).
- Cut and weigh scrap.
- Clean and operate grinders.
- Mix material and/or fill hoppers for each production job.
- Maintain and comply with the quality system.
- Exhibit supportive and positive behavior in all interactions with co-workers, supervisors, managers, and customers.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Drive a hi-lo.
- Frequently required to work overtime and/or weekends.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Clean and maintain general work area.
1. Skills/ knowledge
- Basic math skills, including general understanding of fractions and decimals
- Basic Statistical Process Control
- Basic blueprint reading
- Mechanical aptitude
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year of hands-on manufacturing experience preferred.
Plastics processing, extrusion, or plastic properties knowledge a definite plus!
This position starts at $13.40 plus shift premium for off shifts and goes to $14.30 at the end of 180 days. Our award winning benefits package includes primarily employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K with 50% match, tuition reimbursement for furthering education, profit sharing, free uniforms, paid vacation and sick time, and more!
Spiratex supports a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We have openings at both our manufacturing locations. Apply for this exciting career opportunity today! Apply by responding to this posting with your resume or in person at:
The Spiratex Company
6333 Cogswell Rd
Romulus, Michigan 48174
The Spiratex Company
1916 Frenchtown Center Drive
Monroe, Michigan 48162
NO CALLS PLEASE!