The Sports Authority

The Sports Authority Employer Reviews

Great environment and flexible scheduling.
Visual/Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: environment, work pace, flexible scheduling
Cons: busy days, pay
It can be a lot of fun working here. There are a lot of great people and you can interact with everyone as long as you are doing your job. You can work at your own pace typically as long as your not slow. The way things are ran can be a little questionable at times. Overall it is still a great place to work at.
Stressful at times but good job
Apparel Associate/Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richfield, MNFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks, managers
It was days when the store was very slow and we didn't have much work. The managers weren't very enthusiastic and encouraging, my co- workers were friendly on the other hand. Learned a lot about Apparel and the hardest part bout this job was working on black Friday because we didn't have a lot of staff and it was very hectic at times. I enjoyed the discount half off on the products in the store.
A good stepping stone
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no advancement opportunites
Sports Authority was a great place to kick off my career. I learned a great deal about customer service, which I incorporate in my career.
I loved both stores I worked in.
Cashier (Former Employee), Encinitas, CaFebruary 20, 2015
I was able to transfer to different stores which was great because I had a job no matter which city I lived in. I was a cashier and worked in the apparel department where I learned about the different brands and the sports that required different things in fit.
Productive work environment for great experience
Retail Sales Authority/ Stock Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: exceptional customer friendly work environment, great employee discount, co workers help each other to achieve sale goals, discovered that as a sales authority every detail matters, assisting customers best part of job.
Cons: mangement may give more flawed review then praise & short breaks
A typical day if work at The Sports Authority is coming to work early assisting with customers right away and keeping the work place neat and organized. Management keeps good eye on every worker on shift. to conclude the most enjoyable part of the job is helping and making conversation with customers.
Simple job. Only busy during holidays
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNFebruary 18, 2015
Very simple business to work for if you love sports. Mainly busy during holidays of course. Willing to give the hours if you are willing to work more.
Technician I (Current Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great people, room for advancement
This is a great place to work, great people. Looking for another job for more of a challenges and new learning opportunities.
Its okay
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 15, 2015
I work Merchandise
apparel ..
My coworkers are nice and I get along well with them very well
Sales Associate
nothing is really hard working there besides the pay
the enjoyable is working with the customers
Decent place to work if you like sports.
Golf Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: sports atmosphere
Cons: store is dated, equipment for testing is out of date, and method of business is less than average to other retailers
Management tended to favor certain employees which made the job atmosphere sour. I enjoyed my co-workers and the product knowledge and testing given by sports authority. The golf department was great and fully stocked. enjoyed the customer interaction.
Fun to place to work, but management can be annoying
Service Technician (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 13, 2015
In the 2 and a half years I have worked here, there have been 6 general managers of the store alone. Other managers have come and gone as well so getting used to someone in a higher position is not really easy. Most managers however are kind and determined, while there is one specific manager that doesn't do anything productive and doesn't follow company rules.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Lake Zurich, ILFebruary 12, 2015
I worked in a small convenience location so hours were constantly being slashed. I lead in sales and was never promoted or thanks for it.
It was ok for short term employment
Apparel Lead (Former Employee), Easton, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Enjoyed my position . Worked with good team mates. Hardly ever able to stay on task and get your work done , pulled away to other things
fun place to work
sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Sales Authority
• Supported management duties and objectives with attentiveness and enthusiasm
• Provided excellent customer service (acknowledged in the corporation newsletter)
• Directed team members to complete everyday company objectives
Not much room for advancement
Sales - Specializing in Team Sports (Former Employee), BurbankFebruary 10, 2015
At 5 hours per week, its not particularly relevant.

They have good locations and adequate stock.

They are fair with their employees.
Sporty Job
Head Cashier / Sales Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: short breaks
Well this job was a lot of interacting with costumers and you had to keep the store clean up to date and have a lot of money counting and have to be really careful how you handle the money in the store
Productive workplace with Respectable Employees
Merchandising Team Leader (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2015
I always work as hard as I can day in and day out to get the job done. The location of the store wasn't great so the business wasn't there as much as everyone would have liked it to be so it made work a little difficult at times.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Conyers, GAFebruary 9, 2015
I work on the floor, which is called apparel. I stock clothing items on the floor, I return damaged clothing to that specific vendor, I assist customer with clothing as well, I sign up customers to be apart of rewards program at Sports Authority, and I am also a cashier.
The hardest part of the job is getting customers to sign up for the rewards program with the company and also having them sign up for a extended warranty plan for certain items.
I learned how to be more efficient at work. When I am there, I tend to plan out how I am going to approach my task that evening.
My co-workers are very friendly and they made me feel welcome the first day working at Sports Authority.
The management at Sports Authority are very professional and they know the ins and outs of the business. They know what should be done to help the customers the best way possible. And they too, also, made me feel welcome working there as well.
The most enjoyable part is talking to the customers and giving that person great customer service.
The Sports Authority
Associate (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: gaining a knowledge base for sports equipment
Cons: salary
This company helped me gain knowledge of different sports equipment and inventory as well as learning how to meet sales goals and expectations. I learned alot about sports inventory. I was expected to take and keep up with inventory as well as assist customers with their purchase options.
A day at Sports Authority
SALES ASSOCIATE/WAREHOUSE (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work at Sports Authority would start would doing freight in the back of the store. I would unload the trucks and get the freight ready to go out on the floor. After I would put the freight on the floor I would go around and make sure everything was priced correctly. If prices needed to be changed I would be the one to change them. I learned that hard work actually does pay off. My main concern was to get the freight out and anything else in the back that needed to be done after I would do that I would walk around the floor as ask customers if they needed any assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things everyday and interacting with the customers.
fun place to work
Bicycle Technician, co2 certified tech (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2015
provide outstanding customer service. answer questions, give options to the customers. Assist customers in the hard line area. repair bicycles to make sure the parts were assembled properly. Filling of CO2 for the use of paintball guns.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Sports Authority

Sports Authority offers an exciting workplace environment for competitive, talented individuals who are passionate about sports. – Read more

The Sports Authority Photos