The Sports Authority

The Sports Authority Employer Reviews

Employee incentive is awesome
Apparel Lead (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: incentives.
Cons: some co-workers are difficult to deal wit.
We get promo stuff from vendors. Managers are nice working with and flexible working hours.
Cashier (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJuly 17, 2014
This was a fun a nice place to work. I miss my co worker and environment.
Good place to work for college students.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2014
On the surface this particular Sports Authority is well organized and effective, but at its core it has structural weakness, lacks communication, and staff accountability. All and all its a steady job for someone looking to keep busy or income source for the time being, flexible schedule, good in-store benefits.
Great experience and development
AREA INVESTIGATOR ASSET PROTECTION (CORPORATE) (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaJuly 13, 2014
Outstanding partnership with supervisor and field associates.
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 11, 2014
The management I worked under was very uptight and strict and made the job more stressful. I felt as if it was hard to succeed and be happy at work with so much tension and pressure. It was a good learning experience and prepared me mentally for future jobs.
Always meeting new people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Honolulu, hawaiiJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good music playing
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed going to work due to the fact I meet new people from different countries. I love to help them find what they are looking for, and making sure they leave their feeling like there part of the team.
Sports Authority
Sales Assoicate (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work was boring and hard. i learned to never go for an easy job. the managment is horrible. the managers disrespect their employee's. the hardest part about the job was the hours. they never had steady hours. the most enjoyable part was hanging out with your co-workers.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2014
staff is fun to work with and customers are usually nice. but i hate the pressure they put on the employees to enroll customers in the loyalty program
Casual workplace to feel productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoJuly 3, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: unreliable income/work hours
As a part-time worker, I'm only getting 2 days a week. And mostly everyone is. People getting most hours are people personally acquainted with management since they all come from same other stores.
fun place to work at
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 2, 2014
great coworkers, will make good friends
very likeable management
can request days off
laid back, enjoyable atmosphere
certain items commission based pay
hardest part are the busy holidays
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJuly 2, 2014
Pros: understanding and helpful coworkers and management
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consisted of getting there, and making sure my department was clean, and occasionally helping out coworkers in other departments. The management was pretty good. They're always understanding and provided help when needed. The coworkers are very nice and very helpful also.
The hardest part of the job was selling replacement plans, – more... because most people did not want them because they did not thing the item they were buying (i.e basketball system, sports balls, sports gloves) needed the plan. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team together to sell merchandise. – less
Fun work environment in a retail position enhancing my customer service skilsl
Certified Service Authority in Footwear Department (Former Employee), Niles, ILJuly 1, 2014
I worked in the footwear department helping people with either their recreational, sport, or casual shoe needs. I listened to the customer's needs, price range and style and recommended shoes that fit their specific requests. The position also had its challenges, working towards sales goals as well as keeping the department organized and neat.
Good Internship and nice sportswear employment
Merchandising Associate-Internship (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJuly 1, 2014
I did an internship at a sportswear store (Sports Authority) and followed fundamental procedures.

Merchandised/price-tagged apparels, footwear, and sportswear accessories for product placement, presentation, and sales floor.

Performed maintenance of the safety sportswear store for general cleanliness and tidiness.

Interacted socially with customer – more... service. – less
Eh
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAJune 30, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: rude managers, selfish co-workers
They were rude to me right away. I never had the opportunity to really work. The Main cashier didnt like the new girls working up front with her so she was very disrespectful and ride
retail job
Technician, Merchandising (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJJune 29, 2014
preformed normal day to day functions to keep a retail store stocked and customers taken care of.
Very competitive atmosphere where hard workers are rewarded for their efforts
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJune 26, 2014
With consistent positive work ethic I was able to grow within the company and learn how to be an effective leader in the workplace. The management and upper management were very intelligent people focused on achieving goals and not only meeting the needs of the customer but also took initiative in community development.
Great working environment!
Senior Sales Authority (Current Employee), Yuma, AZJune 26, 2014
Management is awesome. Great training program to become familiar with products. Co-workers are helping each other reach goals. Hardest part of the job is leaving when your shift is over. Most enjoyable part of job is being able to work with such an amazing company.
Productive and fun workplace
Nike Brand Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 26, 2014
Promoting customer service is always number one! Making sure all employees are finding the customer not having the customer find them. Everyone at Sports Authority works as a team and has fun doing it.
Productive with a good environment around
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richfield, MNJune 26, 2014
Cons: not a lot of hours
a typical day at work I would do is being in apparel area, checking the fitting rooms- making sure they were clean with no clothes insides or checking people from stop stealing. I learned a lot of thing during the time I was with Sport Authority- one of them was to make sure the customer was happy with the things she/ he takes and make sure he/ she – more... comes back to the store. Working with my co-workers was a good thing, they were so nice and helpful. The hardest part of my job was being the only person in the apparel area and having no one to help me. – less
To help customers with store and phone sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 24, 2014
Pros: having the ability to move up in the store.
To make sure the customers are taken care and make store and phone puchases

About The Sports Authority

Sports Authority, headquartered in Denver, CO, is the one of the leading full-line sporting goods retailer in the United States, – Read more

The Sports Authority Photos