The Sports Facilities Advisory (SFA) (www.sportadvisory.com) is the leading resource for those seeking to plan, manage, and optimize sports, recreation, event, and entertainment centers. SFA has been engaged to manage the day-to-day operations of a world-class, tournament-focused sports complex in Gatlinburg, TN. This national tournament center – a one-of-a-kind event, sport, and entertainment venue encompassing over 80,000 square feet of unique sports, event, recreation, and entertainment space – is located in the heart of Eastern Tennessee and the gateway to the Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg, TN, a marketplace which already attracts over 12 million visitors a year. The community contains world-class shopping, dining, lodging, recreation, attractions, and tourism activities. The new sports center will include world-class event, meeting, and conference spaces with a full-service kitchen, 6 basketball courts, 12 volleyball courts, rock climbing wall, 7 synthetic turf football/soccer fields, an outdoor patio, and much more.
SFA is currently interviewing candidates for the General Manager position for the venue and operations. The General Manager will report to the Director of Management Operations within The Sports Facilities Advisory. This exciting position is a full-time role with extraordinary future career opportunities.
It is the General Manager’s (GM) duty to promote and book large tournaments and sports tourism events. The position will provide leadership and direction for the facility and its staff. The GM will oversee the implementation of the annual business plan and sales forecast. The GM will be evaluated based on the financial performance of the facility, the number of events and visitors it generates, customer retention, new business development, and new program expansions. Other responsibilities will include staff development and innovation to improve systems and procedures throughout the venues.
This position creates additional future opportunities to work with the SFA team in a future advisory capacity.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and rèsumè detailing their relevant experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
Pre-requisites for consideration are:
- Proven experience in organizing, booking, and operating sports tournament and events; including but not limited to basketball tournaments, volleyball tournaments, cheerleading events, wrestling meets, and similar activities
- Experience working with convention & visitors bureau, regional sports commissions, and/or regional event management booking in a regional sports and/or convention center
- Prior responsibility in daily P&L management and budget oversight responsibility of $4MM or greater
- Prior experience in contracting or overseeing others who sold corporate sponsorships, managed corporate relationships, tournaments, leagues, camps, and other related services
- Operational knowledge of kitchen, restaurant, entertainment, and sport clubs, as well as parties, corporate events, and teambuilding
- A minimum of 7 years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, entertainment, food and beverage, or related field
- Skilled at identifying and creating opportunities to deliver revenue goals