The Sportsman's Guide, a multi-channel retailer of outdoor adventure gear and clothing, sporting goods and general merchandise, is poised for tremendous domestic and international growth. Recently, we have added two new brands, BoatingSavings.com and WorkWearSavings.com, to our online offerings. We are transforming into an E-commerce business both domestically and internationally, building our social media, and making strong advancements with new mobile commerce technology.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Web Developer. This position will design, implement, test and deploy enhancements to our existing system to meet user and business needs. This position demand hands-on, team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Design and develop complex technical solutions that encompass custom developed web applications
- Design and ensure compliance with underlying principle and architectures of IT software systems
- Incorporate system development tools and methods into an integrated development environment
- Contribute to the ongoing development of strategic information technology plans
- Document system functionality for ongoing support and assist in the development of end-user documentation
- Provide ongoing support and problem identification/resolution of system problems
Required Skills and Education:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Hands-on code development experience using C# and ASP.NET – a minimum of 5+ years for the more senior position
- Solid understanding of IIS environments and configuration
- High Transaction E-Commerce business to consumer site experience
- SEO knowledge/experience and Exposure to Oracle and Stored Procedures
- Experience with web analytics such as Omniture or Google – GA, third party tools including Endeca, Certona, and SEO Clarity
- Site Acceleration and service knowledge
- HTML5 or mobile web development experience
The Sportsman's Guide offers an excellent compensation/benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and fantastic merchandise discounts. Please submit your resume with salary requirements.