The Step2 Company, the largest American manufacturer of preschool and toddler toys and the world’s largest rotational molder of plastics, is looking for a Staff Accountant to work in the Accounting Department at our Corporate Office in Streetsboro, OH.
The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager and the rest of the Accounting Department to ensure accurate and timely accounting processes, financial close and related reporting. The Staff Accountant is expected to provide value to the company through identifying and communicating process enhancements for consideration. The right candidate should be intellectually curious and be professionally skeptical and who is self-motivated to research and gather underlying business and accounting knowledge to drive tasks to completion.
Primary duties include:
- Assist with the end of month close, including balance sheet and bank account reconciliations, documentation of accounting research in support of significant transactions and variance analysis responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting, management operating reports and profitability reports
- Assist in the AP process including but not limited to vouching of invoices, research vendor discrepancies, and vendor account reconciliation
- Preparation of various ad hoc analyses
- Provide professional assistance as appropriate to the company’s independent auditors to facilitate the audit process
- Other responsibilities and projects may be assigned as necessary
Qualified candidates will possess:
2 - 4 years related work experience
- Highest ethical standards
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and varied challenges. Ability to work in an unstructured environment on his/her own and manage multiple responsibilities
- Results oriented with strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as effective communication skills. Ability to easily interact and execute in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- At least 2 to 4 years of related work experience in a manufacturing business environment and/or public accounting experience with an emphasis on manufacturing clients (CPA a plus)
- Proficient knowledge of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America
- General understanding of internal control design and operation for key business processes (proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with Oracle ERP a plus)
Additional information about Step2 can be found on our website.
Step2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.