The Steritech Group, Inc.

The Steritech Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

No life
Quality Mangement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 5, 2016
In the car constantly and depending on your area have to fly quite a bit too. Yes you get to travel but you are visiting locations all day and then sit in hotel room all night. They give you only 25.00 a day to eat when you are out of town so they expect you to eat 3 meals on 25.00. If you want to be healthy then you are spending your own money bc they basically are telling you eat fast food every meal with the cheapness they are giving you. Also the company is out to get their clients sadly. They say we are trying to help the brand, but if you don't fail or give bad grades sometimes then they question you that you aren't doing your job correctly which is one of the reason I left bc they basically called me a liar to my face. Pay isn't good either as they say you have bonus potential but you have to work a crazy workload to see that money!
Pros
car
Cons
pay, never home
Productive and fun place to work with a Gym
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCApril 13, 2016
This was a temporary assignment and I enjoyed the time I worked there. The co workers were good to work with, they were always there to lend a hand if needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
the job was just temporary
Company sold in September 2015
Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2016
Was a good place to work but it sold and all the upper management either left or giving their walking papers now it's a Great place to work so far no more dictatorship managers talking down to us and stealing commissions from us were actually being treated like people I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Pros
Work from home, company vehicle and good benefits
Cons
Yet to be determined!
No home life. Always on the road.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Always short handed. My position was Operations Manager, but most of my time was spent working in the field to supplement the lack of people. The company didn't like to replace people that left, so they had managers fill the open areas until they found a replacement person.
Cons
see above review
Poor managerial skills
Specialist (Former Employee) –  NevadaOctober 18, 2015
The company as a whole could benefit from managerial training!
Benefits and the insurance carrier are great - medical, dental and vision. Providing a way to save funds (via payroll deduction) for Christmas holiday is good!
Pros
Supports community
Cons
poor managerial skill sets
NOT A GOOD place to work AVOID
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2015
Expect you to be able to do everything yourself and do more than one job in an 8 hour day. Expected to get my work done in only 4 hours or less, never let me work from home when I was sick but let others when they were "hurt". Management is a joke, IT manager is very bad and dont know anything didnt even know how to open an audio file in a different application...
We were advised on August 31, 2015 the company had been sold. People were constantly leaving, so they must have already known.
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2015
Company has been sold as of August 31, 2015. The company handles pest control and auditing. They have several different departments. A lot of employees must have known ahead of time that the company was going to be sold, because people have been constantly leaving since last fall.
Not your Average Contact Center
CUSTOMER CARE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2015
Steritech's Customer Care is a small contact center. At the most, there were only 8 FT representatives, a Customer Care Quality Analyst, a Supervisor and a Manager (who no longer carries that title). It was very much a laid back atmosphere. Steritech Customer Care does not focus much on typical stats (Average Handle Time, Calls Per Hour, etc.) because its main focus is QUALITY, not quantity.

There definitely is plenty of room for advancement, as the company truly believes in promoting from within. .

The downside of working for Steritech is the pay, and it seems that throughout the years, they've began to stretch their people more and more - moving away from their "People First" theme.

Having said that, overall, Steritech can be a pleasant place to work
Pros
1 hour lunch; family environment; flexiblity
Cons
pay; workload
Overworking employees, but great service
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2015
Managers are forced to service more than manage. Disappointing work life balance. New management that are forcing old timers out. Lots of senior people leaving.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no work life balance, 13 hour days on the road
Great place to work, wish there was less travel!
Quality Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2015
Overall a fantastic place with great people. Travel was too extensive for my liking. Would recommend this company to all.
Pros
Company car, benefits
Cons
Extensive travel!
still working
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 7, 2015
Days are long, you'll get to work at some big name brand account's. A lot of freedom to your work day. You drive their truck and work in their clothing. Don't see much of the management or co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the professional relationship's you make with you account's.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Travel, safety, audit, food safety, pest prevention.
Quality Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2015
Meeting with various clients at somewhat random time slots, conducting consistent, technically accurate and rigorous food safety brand protection and sanitation assessments.

Monthly conference calls, with constant updates and learning/food knowledge, quarterly reviews.

Very independent job analysis with little supervision.
Pros
per diem, transportation, equipment, support services
Cons
travel, training(hands on), scheduling, productivity.
Great Company, difficult situation
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2015
Very long hours, very poor operation set up, intoxicating company confidence, sincere care for employees

little impact from field management positions, strong aversion to new ideas from field-level

too much rah-rah at times.
Pros
good culture, sincere compassion
Cons
long hours, difficult to impact change
Great team atmosphere
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 15, 2015
Great company, great management and great potential. Overall good company to work for. Sometimes work life balance can be a little hectic. Compensation isnt as great as it could be, but i wont complain. Excellent benefits.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, Management
Cons
Not a lot
Overall a good place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2015
Steritech is a good place to work. It is a leading company in its industry. It's main investment is in IT technology. My current responsibility is participation in program management over the replacement of most IT platforms and systems.
Work from home with a company car
Quality Management Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INDecember 23, 2014
A typical day at work is visiting several clients that I scheduled prior based periodically on rotation and time restraints. These visits are based on brand, food safety, or occupational standards that are specific to our clients needs and federal/state regulations. These visits are assessments which are regulatory and consultative in nature that ensures compliance and protocols are met. Every client's assessments are unique and we spend extensive amounts of training on knowing their policies and procedures. As a tenure Specialist, I assist in making sure the new employees are up to par with company standards. I typically work a 9 am to 5 pm work schedule with some weekend visits. I also typically travel 50 to 100 miles per day. My expertise comes in the form of knowing FDA Food Code guidelines, microbial contamination, HACCP with corrective actions, and environmental engineering.
Independent style of wor with the support if needed.
Quality Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2014
Everyday I started off by checking my emails and reviewed my route and clients that I would be seeing that day. This job taught me a lot because I went from managing up to 75 employees to managing myself. I had to learn how to really budget my time. I got along great with my boss and they loved having me on their team because I never missed a deadline and always delivered high quality work. We had a great network of specialist and we all were there for one another if we ever had a question in the field. The hardest part of my job was having to point out flaws in a business and present it to the client. The most enjoyable thing about my job was being able to see my client improve in quality and sales because they took my report and worked at fixing their issues.
Pros
free car, health and dental insurance, 401k and the ability to make my own schedule.
Cons
having to be the one to deliver bad news.
productive work route
Certified Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CaOctober 7, 2014
I have a daily route that I must complete each month which includes service to different companies and also paper work. I enjoy my job and meeting new clients
Large company; great benefits; good training
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2014
Visit you customers weekly to ensure pest free environment. Learned the difficulties of keeping any kitchen pest free; co-workers were friendly and always helpful. Local management was not friendly at all. Very understaffed, always out of route to help others and admonished when your route not completed. Never truly had route promised. As a whole, company was very good and benefits excellent.
Pros
excellent salary and benefits
Cons
understaffed and not local management friendly
I loved my job and the people I worked with. I had to leave to care for my sick mother.
Central Region Invoicing Admin & Branch Support (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 23, 2014
When I started this position in 2003 it was more of a Branch Support position and my work varied from day to day, always lots of phone calls and incoming/outgoing work orders to deal with and I would set aside specific days for billing, payroll, and other tasks. Then the company did some reorganizing and my primary job was billing and ordering product, so I did that every day and some Branch Support duties here and there. I got along great with managers and co-workers, it was a totally awesome group of people. The most enjoyably was probably dealing with the work order process because my technicians in the field were the best!
Pros
good benefits, very understanding to family issues.
Cons
during the slow season the days went by very slowly.