The Sun Products Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Employment at Sun Products
Mechanic / Welder II (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 31, 2015
Great place to work, Benefits good, associates easy to work with, management fair, great training, dealing with soap powder.Company cared about us.
Pros
Great employee interaction, lunches, dinners, family company picnics, donated our time and money to good causes and charity's
Cons
I'm sad the plant had to close down
The work itself was ok. The associates made it worthwhile.
lead/ foreman RMH (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake PlantNovember 25, 2015
This company is going under. A sinking ship. If your looking for a temporary job then this is it. If your looking for a career then get in, get your experience and jump ship. This company has closed down plant after plant. Everyone from temporary help all the way up to office personnel are leaving. It's no mystery the salt lake plant is next. Or maybe they will see whats going on. Who knows but facts are facts!!! I made a choice to become an associate here (6 years) and liked my crew, the team, we had some good managers but they found out about the company downsizing, contracting everything out from production, traffic, warehouse, caping pay, limiting benefits to just the "required" and have now since left. They have already outsourced trucking, forklift and most labor positions to temps. This place is going under and only a matter if time before they outsource most departments. Rmh, maint, shipping are leaving because of this. Ask employees there in RMH and you will see. Most have made a choice to leave and are currently leaving!!! Open positions are because of people leaving for something better, outsourced, or these positions will soon be eliminated or contracted out. Your job will be temporary. Take advice and use your time wisely, look for a career elsewhere because you will be wasting your time here!!! If your friends with one of the so called managers now then you might have a chance for something for a little while but if not? The managers there now are being pushed out or have left. Some of the ones there now are a joke and the good ones are leaving or just don't  more... care anymore. They now work with cheap tools, cheap equipment, and just make excuses to save money and get by with the absolute minimal. This was an ok company to work for but now? They are keeping the company back east and have moved most work, resources, etc there. One company, under one roof, ONE SUN!! Salt Lake will eventually be a distribution center or some sort of small extension but looks like they are gearing up to dump this plant also...They have closed not one, not two, but three plants and are now out sourcing most... They use to be self suffecient, and a respected plant in salt lake city. They now rely on companies for raw materials and basically get it when the companies get it to them instead of them (companies) working to keep sun happy. Theyve burned or just dont care about small customers, relationships that the original founder (HUISH) built from the ground up!! They've sold off their trucks, trailers, warehouses, Work there now is slow and no where near what it used to be. The parking lots went from no parking at any time, shift, to no problem finding parking now. I personally know atleast 20 people who left and more are leaving. I left by choice and was a lead on shift and know I made the right decision. Everyone who has left are so much more happy they left or are leaving now! THEY TOOK A GOOD NAME, GOOD PRODUCTS, AND ARE HURTING A GOOD REPUTATION. This was a good company but now they just don't care anymore!! Do yourself a favor!!! Don't waste your time. It's so desperate now they have put up billboards to try and get help. Now it's people show up see what's going on and leave!! I will miss my friends, my associates, but will not miss this company. They've ruined what they once had and now is a shell of what use to be. I hate what this place has become. I really enjoyed my job and wanted it to work. Too bad they don't listen to the employees and take what we said seriously . We have all tried to tell them... Guess now they will see, this is not the place to be!! Good luck to all...  less
Pros
was a good place to work, schedule, associates.
Cons
they just don't care anymore!!
I learned electrical and instrumentation skills that will help me move ahead.
Instrument and Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 30, 2015
A good place to learn and advance before being told they were closing this plant. Overall I have enjoyed my work experience here and hopefully learned enough to take me to the next level in my job search ahead. Co-workers have been great to be around.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Hot, dusty
It was a great place to work
maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  pasadena,texasAugust 11, 2015
Sun products was a nice place to work. I enjoyed coming to work everyday. there was always a different task, never a dull moment. I learned a lot of new skills during my 8 years with Sun products. Unfortunately we have been outsourced and the plant will be shutting down September 12th.
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 29, 2012
Growing company with a great product. Many great people are emoloyed at Sun Products.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
##

4.2