The Sunshine House Employee Reviews in United States

The Worst
Director (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 21, 2016
I have worked in the child care field for 20 years and worked with a number of companies in management. Sunshine House is by far the worst. There is little respect for the employees who are hired at very low pay. There seems to be a sense that if you throw them a trinket every once in a while, that will make up for the pitiful pay and benefits that the company provides. Employee turnover is outrageous because of this. Families and children deserve better quality for the fees they pay. Our buildings have had no maintenance in months, they are old and need constant upkeep. It seems like there is no progress with this company, they promise things to come, but they never happen. Training is boring quorum videos that employees dread viewing. Our people deserve better. I work 12 hour days and have to come in on weekends to clean the building for no extra pay. I do it because I care about my families, but I'm looking for a position where I am respected for my knowledge and skills, because this is just getting worse rather than better.
Pros
Families and Children
Cons
Low Pay and high expectations, lack of respect for employees
horrible
where ever they placed me (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC roebuckFebruary 8, 2016
Terrible company! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE KIDS!! It's all about money with them. They closed down a whole center and only gave the parents and staff a 3 week notice.....now parents are worried about where they are going to place their children and how it's going to be hard for their child to build new teacher student relationships. So don't let them fool you when they say we care because they don't!!!
Pros
the kids we're awesome
Cons
low pay no chance of a raise, Gossip, lies, manipulators
Disapprove
child care giver (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 14, 2015
I don't approve of this facility. Their policy for parent is crazy. I really didn't like coming to work but I knew I need a job, so I sucked it up until I found something else
work place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 19, 2015
I began working for the Sunshine House at 18. A typical day at work began at 830 am. I had two year olds. I learned that parents depend on your eyes and ears as well as you expertise. Management wasn't the best. My co worker was the best. She actually went on to become a teacher. The hardest part of my job was seeing the kids move on to other classrooms across the building. The most enjoyable part of my job is actually still happening. Every child that I have taught or taken care of still runs up to me to speak and give me hugs.
Pros
the children
Cons
manangement
Superior
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 12, 2015
This company is very well manage. The Director is very understand, and works well with the employees, The staff is very well trained.
The Sunshine House
Floater (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 10, 2015
Enjoyable place to work. Felt like everyone was appreciated. I got along with all of the students, parents and other staff.
Pros
Students were great
Cons
Unstable work hrs
fun workplace
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCOctober 4, 2015
very productive job and the owner cares very much about their employees.I am pleased with my experience at this job. Great relationship with my boss.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
the pay
Great Teachers/Team Work
Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 3, 2015
Great teamwork and sharing ideas among the teachers. Interactive teacher environments and parent involvements with their child's teacher and the classroom.
Pros
teamwork, parent involvement
Cons
Compensation, benefits, teacher supplies
productive work love the children
Third Level Manager (Former Employee) –  charleston scSeptember 22, 2015
Awesome work place. The children would always keep me on my toes. Never a dull moment. The most enjoyable part of that job was to see the smiles on the childrens/parents faces.
I Likes working and helping the children that had been abused and hurt
Child Advocate/ data entry (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GASeptember 3, 2015
I likied working with the kids that were hurting and had been abused by people they trusted. Made me feel good to know that I help put some of the people that were commiting these crimes behind bars where they belong
Isolation
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 18, 2015
This place s terribly ran! So much favoritism between management and staff its just ridiculous! Not to mention the very in appropriate personal relationships between management and staff. In addition I have never worked for a company with such terrible benefits! After working for a year at any job you look forward to any PTO you have earned AND now can use! Not at this place they determine who gets to use it and play favorites of who gets paid and who doesn't! Seriously its bad enough you've gone through h*ll and back in a year and now can't even get a paid day off without fighting over forty other staff members! Well that is the few that have actually made it a year! One member actually tallyed that over 40 staff members quit in the short time IN less then two years. they have been there! Obviously there is something really wrong with management if you can't even retain an employee for a year! If I had to do it over again I'd definitely not choose this place to work!
Pros
big classrooms, tens, child care discount
Cons
benefits, pay
Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 2, 2015
Fun environment, all about the children and focusing on a curriculum for them to learn at the best of their ability. Co-workers and management are great.
The Sunshine House is strong growth some of management isn't honest.
afther school lead teacher / buse driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 25, 2015
The Sunshine House could be a good company to work for isf they would clean up the staff and monitor the classrooms more. I like rhe enviroment and enjoy working with childreen.
Pros
The Sunshine House is a place for growth to management.
Cons
The pay could be better.
Fun work place with children and staff
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 13, 2015
Working with different age groups and their family. The management staff and co workers were very fun to work with, we were always able to get the job done and the parents was very pleased with their child development
Company has changed.
Infant & Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCJune 25, 2015
I have worked for this company several years. It has changed over the years tremendously. It is a fun, loving, family atmosphere depending on the center and the director.
I loved having fun with the kids
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 25, 2015
I love the look on a child's face at Circle Time when they are learning and when they are having fun with each other on the on the Playground
Awesome place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 22, 2015
Awesome place to work. Enjoyed working with little children. I believe this is a great place for people to begin in the work force.
Good employment
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Current Employee) –  Lilburn, GAJune 16, 2015
great if you love working with kids. Great bunch of co-workers free lunch at the end of the month. It's a daycare center and is always hiring had fun working here just want to explore a career field
Great
Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 15, 2015
The Sunshine House is a great place of employment if they could keep the teachers to fill the classrooms.The Policies are great and the co-workers are awesome to work with.
Pros
more than enough hours
Cons
not enough staff
Worst
Teacher (Current Employee) –  SCApril 28, 2015
This is the worst company to work for!! This company is literally a joke! Management act like they are children. They don't pay you. The whole "competitive pay"; it's a scam. This place is ridiculous. I wouldn't want my worst enemy working for this company. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!