The Sunshine House Employee Reviews

Horrible Corporate Daycare
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 24, 2017
Most days I was taking care of 3 year olds. Most of the children were well behaved but you had a few that needed help. Most days you were in your classroom the whole day until your lunch break and then again in the room until you went home. No breaks other than lunch. The district director would have meetings in the hallway. So the teacher would have to stand at their door to listen to the director speaking while also looking back into the room to watch the children. Very low pay.
Pros
Discounted Daycare Bill
Cons
Very Low Pay
Great coworkers,and company to work for.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCApril 18, 2017
Started in toddler room for few years and got promoted to infant room..love the children and the parents..you really get attached and involved with the family.I understtand,i never had my children in daycare until i working at sunshine house.we loved it.
Pros
Never a dull moment.
Cons
No benefits
overall, a decent company to work for.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Sugar CreekFebruary 15, 2017
I had worked at another center before they changed their name to the Sunshine House. They were bought out by another company. The benefits were pretty good. good medical and dental coverage.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to get time off to continue education
fun place
Assistant Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) –  3238 Brushy Dr, loganville,GA30052January 18, 2017
the sunshine house is a really clean fun place, to bring your kids. The employees are extremely nice and helpful .Management is very good and stay on top of things.
Great Daycare
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 28, 2016
This job was great. Friendly environment, and everyone got along. The management took time to make sure that its employees were happy and taken care of. You were awarded for a job well done. On the job training was given and co-workers were really nice. It was like working with family.
Pros
family setting, good pay
Fun place
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 16, 2016
Great place to work if you love children. Everyone there is great from the director to the staff. Great hours mon-fri but the pay is really low but other than that its a great place.
Career Advancing
3rd Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 10, 2016
Taught the 3 year old class at the sunshine house
Was a 2rd level manager, was an assistant to the director.
Managed a staff of 12 teachers
Horrible Place To Work! I wouldn't let them care for my pet goldfish!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMay 27, 2016
The center that I worked for in Charlotte ( Matthews) NC was by far the worst! The director had little to no knowledge about the childcare profession. She never understood that the director sets the tone or mood for her employees on a daily basis. She ran the place based on her emotions and feelings for both the parents and employees Budget was more important than the kids and and the supplies needed to get through a normal day. The expectations of you were high but you had little to no support on purchasing supplies needed to meet the needs of the curriculum. The children were allowed to come to school sick, and trust me it will be very obvious that they're sick. There is ABSOLUTELY no cut off time, parents were able to bring their kids in when they wanted to. The development of the children was definitely not important. Most of the employees have no education at all! The most horrible part of the job was a lack of parent involvement and support. Most of the children attended for free, or low cost so parents looked at the center as babysitting for low prices. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children happy and socially interacting with each other.
Pros
Seeing the children daily
Cons
No potty breaks, no support from management or staff, low pay
What I expected
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 16, 2016
I've worked with children for nearly a year now full time and I can say with certainty being both a teacher and a parent I get it when others say they don't get compensated for half the stuff they go through during the day with these kids. Some days I pray for certain kids to not come to school bc I just need a break from all the running around, but then I see their face and the desperate look on the parents face and I just kinda give in bc I kinda have to working in daycare. It doesn't pay a lot but I assume that's bc it's solely dependent in the tuitions garnered from paying parents and the genaral run of the building. My coworkers are colorful and engaging and although they have their own cliques and tend towards being very black and white with one another they are still team-minded and want our house to be one of the better ran houses with or without a director present. I'm happy to be working here bc they take great care of all the kids including my own enrolled ones and I don't have to worry about anyone coming to check with me about my kids. I'm left to do my job in the infant room while I trust others to handle my youngins. I like my job and my kids and I like the care that they show to my kids as well
Pros
Helpful fun family
Cons
Sometimes not enough coverage for breaks so you end up breaks short
horrible
where ever they placed me (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC roebuckFebruary 8, 2016
Terrible company! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE KIDS!! It's all about money with them. They closed down a whole center and only gave the parents and staff a 3 week notice.....now parents are worried about where they are going to place their children and how it's going to be hard for their child to build new teacher student relationships. So don't let them fool you when they say we care because they don't!!!
Pros
the kids we're awesome
Cons
low pay no chance of a raise, Gossip, lies, manipulators
Disapprove
child care giver (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 14, 2015
I don't approve of this facility. Their policy for parent is crazy. I really didn't like coming to work but I knew I need a job, so I sucked it up until I found something else
work place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 19, 2015
I began working for the Sunshine House at 18. A typical day at work began at 830 am. I had two year olds. I learned that parents depend on your eyes and ears as well as you expertise. Management wasn't the best. My co worker was the best. She actually went on to become a teacher. The hardest part of my job was seeing the kids move on to other classrooms across the building. The most enjoyable part of my job is actually still happening. Every child that I have taught or taken care of still runs up to me to speak and give me hugs.
Pros
the children
Cons
manangement
Superior
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 12, 2015
This company is very well manage. The Director is very understand, and works well with the employees, The staff is very well trained.
The Sunshine House
Floater (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 10, 2015
Enjoyable place to work. Felt like everyone was appreciated. I got along with all of the students, parents and other staff.
Pros
Students were great
Cons
Unstable work hrs
fun workplace
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCOctober 4, 2015
very productive job and the owner cares very much about their employees.I am pleased with my experience at this job. Great relationship with my boss.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
the pay
Great Teachers/Team Work
Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 3, 2015
Great teamwork and sharing ideas among the teachers. Interactive teacher environments and parent involvements with their child's teacher and the classroom.
Pros
teamwork, parent involvement
Cons
Compensation, benefits, teacher supplies
productive work love the children
Third Level Manager (Former Employee) –  charleston scSeptember 22, 2015
Awesome work place. The children would always keep me on my toes. Never a dull moment. The most enjoyable part of that job was to see the smiles on the childrens/parents faces.
I Likes working and helping the children that had been abused and hurt
Child Advocate/ data entry (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GASeptember 3, 2015
I likied working with the kids that were hurting and had been abused by people they trusted. Made me feel good to know that I help put some of the people that were commiting these crimes behind bars where they belong
Isolation
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 18, 2015
This place s terribly ran! So much favoritism between management and staff its just ridiculous! Not to mention the very in appropriate personal relationships between management and staff. In addition I have never worked for a company with such terrible benefits! After working for a year at any job you look forward to any PTO you have earned AND now can use! Not at this place they determine who gets to use it and play favorites of who gets paid and who doesn't! Seriously its bad enough you've gone through h*ll and back in a year and now can't even get a paid day off without fighting over forty other staff members! Well that is the few that have actually made it a year! One member actually tallyed that over 40 staff members quit in the short time IN less then two years. they have been there! Obviously there is something really wrong with management if you can't even retain an employee for a year! If I had to do it over again I'd definitely not choose this place to work!
Pros
big classrooms, tens, child care discount
Cons
benefits, pay
Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 2, 2015
Fun environment, all about the children and focusing on a curriculum for them to learn at the best of their ability. Co-workers and management are great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Sunshine House. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7