The SYGMA Network Employee Reviews

Look for other opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 13, 2016
I worked for this company for YEARS and never had the opportunity to advance. It's all about who you rub elbows with and go to lunch with. You will be worked to death. For a while we were working 6 10 hour days because they didn't have the budget to hire anyone to help us. We were on a raise freeze pretty much the entire time I was there. The competing company made almost $4 more an hour and unfortunately we lost a lot of our employees to them. The management is clueless. Everyone is so overworked and stressed out that they are all medicated or on FMLA for mental health reasons. SYGMA used to have Family Days and Employee Appreciation things but that all stopped because they didn't have the budget, but the drivers and warehouse are always celebrated. They told us time and time again that we would be getting a raise. "Corporate is working on it" but I found out that our boss just told us what we wanted to hear. She didn't want to be there either and you can tell. No one is still there from our original crew...and the only management that has been there longer than 6 months at this point is the CS manager.

Like I said, this used to be a wonderful place to work, and I really enjoyed most of the people I worked with, but if I were you, I'd look elsewhere just like everyone else did.
Pros
great co-wokers
Cons
no breaks, work every weekend, management is clueless, pay is not comparable to other places in the same market, raises are non-existent.
great company
selector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2016
great company good benefits and great people loved working there and being apart of such a great company overall management was very god and the warehouse was very organize and clean the truck drivers always gave good feed back which help selectors with mispicks and truck shorts which made things a lot better for the company
Hard Work and Decent Pay But Sorry Management
Driver/Delivery Professional (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2015
I worked for Sygma for 6 years. You are nothing but a number. This company does not care about your family or home time. All they care about is their customers. Your opinion on how to make Sygma a better workplace does not matter. They will not take anything under consideration. There is no chance for advancement. Unless youve had management experience before they wont give you a chance. They pay the trans supervisors a lot less anyway. You can also expect to work weekends and every holiday. Good for someone without a family. Not good for anyone else!
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything Else
its ok
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
I enjoy working in a fast environment with co workers that enjoy what they are doing as well but the management could be better
Good for new driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2016
Management sucks, they don't care about drivers. High turnover. Schedule changes a lot until you get a route and when you do your load is late a lots of times. Bad equipment. Be careful with your weight.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hard work, bad management
Stay away!!!
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 16, 2016
The only good thing I gained from Sygma was them investing in me to obtain my CDL. It is modern slave work for real!!! You think the money is good until you break it all down its not worth all the hard back breaking work you do. The routes are horrible, poor communication from management, trucks are loaded poor on the daily, and the list goes on! There turnaround is so high at a meeting we were told they went through 130 drivers in a year. That speaks for itself!! So glad I choose to move on to bigger and better things :)
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
Review
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78218October 25, 2016
this is a good place to work. I enjoy the people I work with. You learn a lot with this company,I feel blessed to be able to work with such great people.
Your their slave until they're done with you
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 29, 2016
They make you feel welcome at first and then they use you up. Many employees develop health problems, mainly mental health. They will stress you out and pay you nothing. You are given sick days but pointed if you use them. Not a good company
Cons
aweful slave driving place to work
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2013
Typcial day is getting to work ten minutes minimum early because if your not then your late. Picking up pallets because if you wait too long get the broken ones, then driving a forklift and dawning your "gear" to get to work. After recieving your detail for the first order (which consists of three pallets, usually 6 different orders that must be filled as quickly as possible. All this while being safe and not getting into anyones way. Management is horrible, if your not best friends with them, they usually dont like you. Co workers dont like the new people until they stick around for at least 6 months. They usually dont help you, and if you dont get things write and crash a pallet you get written up. Hardest part of the job is maintaining stamina for 12+ hours. Enjoyable part, getting to go home, and payday.
Pros
excellent benifits
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work
Warehouse Worker/Selector (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Enjoyed my time there. Very fast pace and exciting work environment. Management was fair. The hours sucked at time but the overtime paid good.
good money & bad place
mechanic (Current Employee) –  columbus, ohJanuary 6, 2013
If you want to be able to have a home life and work life balance …this is not the place for you! Seems like im forced to work extra weekly, and they pretty much laugh in your face if you bring up advancement. The only reason I am still here is for the insurance( its still not great but better than most places.)
Pros
compensation
Cons
everything else
busy work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2016
good place to earn a buck . like being on the road driving my big truck, making the customer happy to the best of are abilities.
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  orlandoJuly 17, 2013
i absolutely loved working at Sygma and was sad to leave. the management is very professional and internal growth was inspiring.
Pros
quarterly bonuses, annual raises, holiday bonuses, great health insurance, professional human resource to support employees
Cons
not many, i loved my job
Unprofessional work environment, disorganized...
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2012
All I can say is anything I have to say bad about Sygma currently is due to current management. You cannot base an entire company off a few managers, but it speaks volumes when they know about the practices and don't do anything about it. Gender discrimination is also a big thing here, women are looked at as secretaries, nothing more.

Being a driver at Sygma, you'll experience the "extra board" where you will be basically on call for any route they chose to place you on until you can bid for a permanent route, whenever one becomes available.

If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have wasted 8 months with this company. Other locations I have seen are great. Oklahoma and Illinois locations run properly and smoothly, but here, at the Kansas City location, they've got a lot of work to do, starting with evaluating management in the transportation department.

If you're applying for a warehouse or customer service position, then you have a great shot at a good job, but skip the transportation department.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unprofessional work environment, unethical, gender discrimination, low pay, horrible management
Horrible place to work if do not have CDL get your experience here
driver (Former Employee) –  kansas city moApril 21, 2013
Hard work do not care about drivers management only cares about getting product of truck never at home bad management bad management. stressful do not care about you or your work. they will try to take all of your bonus money and will fire you on anything that you do wrong do not work there. Sleeps in motels on layover routes in a nasty dirt in a nasty dirty truck and and loads are loaded bad
Pros
good benefits
Cons
backbreaking slave work bad bad management
Hard and tiring but pays well.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2014
Its a hard work environment very physically demanding.
OTR tractor trailer and driving, delivering in a fast and timely manner,
most of the management is pretty nice and are very accommodating but you really aren't able to take what they say seriously especially when it comes to your schedule. You are aways from home it seems a lot but the pay is very good.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, co workers, Driving time
Cons
Scheduling, time away
Terrible management!
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 19, 2013
You never know how the management is going to screw over the staff. They favor one side of the workers and always just watch them slave away from their office pretending to look at the same email page or from outside on the 10th smoke break or 3rd lunch. They'll have you work a 14hr days but they're quick to leave 5 mins early. No enjoyment. This place is like Candy Land!
Pros
401k
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
not for a family man
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMay 11, 2015
Wanting long hours this is the job for you. Living at the work place is not for me. Good pay and benefits just no time for yourself. You leave and immediately go to sleep due to the hard work you put in that day.
benefits
Cons
no time for anything else
Catered lunches every friday
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILMarch 11, 2013
I was a stocker and a order selector, and unloaded trucks.I Learned to work hard and be responsible.Management treated you good and was honest.Co-workers were honest and easy going.The hardest part of the job was working in a freezer area.I enjoyed working in a clean and safe place.
Worst place to work in transportation dept
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2013
Current director of transportation and manager have no back bone and will not give support to supervisors. They will both back stab every chance possible if they find out later the decision they made was incorrect. VP/GM is very much involved in day to day but is absolutely the worst person in my opinion to work with. He constantly threatens people jobs and tries to belittle people at every turn. Don't take my word, just research and see how many times transportation supervisor job has been posted in last six months. That should speak volumes. They simply can not retain supervisors or drivers. Management talks negatively about drivers behind closed doors and mistreat them which is the reason for such a high driver turn over rate. Do yourself a favor and stay clear
Pros
Honestly can not think of one
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The SYGMA Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9