The SYGMA Network Employee Reviews in United States

its ok
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
I enjoy working in a fast environment with co workers that enjoy what they are doing as well but the management could be better
Your their slave until they're done with you
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 29, 2016
They make you feel welcome at first and then they use you up. Many employees develop health problems, mainly mental health. They will stress you out and pay you nothing. You are given sick days but pointed if you use them. Not a good company
great company
selector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2016
great company good benefits and great people loved working there and being apart of such a great company overall management was very god and the warehouse was very organize and clean the truck drivers always gave good feed back which help selectors with mispicks and truck shorts which made things a lot better for the company
busy work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2016
good place to earn a buck . like being on the road driving my big truck, making the customer happy to the best of are abilities.
Stay away!!!
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 16, 2016
The only good thing I gained from Sygma was them investing in me to obtain my CDL. It is modern slave work for real!!! You think the money is good until you break it all down its not worth all the hard back breaking work you do. The routes are horrible, poor communication from management, trucks are loaded poor on the daily, and the list goes on! There turnaround is so high at a meeting we were told they went through 130 drivers in a year. That speaks for itself!! So glad I choose to move on to bigger and better things :)
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
Fun place to work
Warehouse Worker/Selector (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Enjoyed my time there. Very fast pace and exciting work environment. Management was fair. The hours sucked at time but the overtime paid good.
Hard Work and Decent Pay But Sorry Management
Driver/Delivery Professional (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2015
I worked for Sygma for 6 years. You are nothing but a number. This company does not care about your family or home time. All they care about is their customers. Your opinion on how to make Sygma a better workplace does not matter. They will not take anything under consideration. There is no chance for advancement. Unless youve had management experience before they wont give you a chance. They pay the trans supervisors a lot less anyway. You can also expect to work weekends and every holiday. Good for someone without a family. Not good for anyone else!
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything Else
busy
Truck Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 5, 2015
sigma put me thru school, I went from a driver to a driver trainer. On the elite driver board every quarter. hard work, but worth it.
back breaker
Driver professional (Current Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 31, 2015
You earn every freaking penny. There are substantially more bad days than good, management don't know jack about Wut the position entail. They don't give a fudge unless ur on that truck.. It's slave work but you do get paid descent
Pros
going home after a long day
Cons
you name it
A 1st shift job with good attitude
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 3, 2015
I am easy to work with. Like having a little fun at work to make the day go fast. To have a good group of people to work with. To go to work and learn new things everyday. Have someone train you like you should be trained. Over all just to have a nice place to work. I would rate this job good.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
no breaks, bad healthcare

Want to know more about The SYGMA Network?

Ask a question
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 14, 2015
a typical day at work consist of being on the phones processing orders and helping out the customers to assure that there are no issues with their food orders.
Hourly employees have better quality of life than management
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 2, 2015
I took a position as Warehouse Supervisor after having been laid off for 16 months and found quickly that the quality of life was severely lacking. Hourly employees work 4 10-hour shifts and supervisors and managers work 5 12 hour shifts. The days of for supervisors are not given consecutively unless you're like me and work the graveyard shift.

What I like working there was the fast-paced nature of the business and the opportunities I was given to help organize and re-assign order selection locations for better efficiency based on product turn-over.
Pros
Ability to purchase food at cost
Cons
Scheduling
Work load can sometimes get strainous.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2015
A typical day involves dispatching routes, altering route, to fit the neccessities of the business, sometimes leaving drivers with shorter or longer routes than usual. Transportaion manager was great to work for. Co-workers could get frustrated on occassion due to trying to fill open routes. Making sure all routes are filled and dispatched was the hardest part. What I did enjoy about this position, was the opportunity to use critical thinking skills to expedite the product when
drivers called in sick or routes had to be changed.
Lead Programmer - I deisgned the whole system
Project Manager / Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 13, 2015
I was able to design the whole application.

I was also Project Manager,

Was able to direct a support team from across the country and it worked really smoothly.
Pros
Basically my own boss
not for a family man
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMay 11, 2015
Wanting long hours this is the job for you. Living at the work place is not for me. Good pay and benefits just no time for yourself. You leave and immediately go to sleep due to the hard work you put in that day.
benefits
Cons
no time for anything else
Don't give them your time
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORApril 7, 2015
I have nothing nice to say about this place. I find it comical that anyone would have anything nice to say about this place.

The Supervisors are lazy and put all the work off on to the employees. Don't get me wrong we are hired to work, but not to be worked into the ground. You are a number not a person,and as for the staff in the office they finally had someone that was strong and was there to help the drivers and they treated her terrible. How she put up with her boss barking orders all the time and delegating all her work off onto her is beyond me. But glad to see she is out of there. This lady was a very hard worker and deserved so much better.

She left for family reasons but when she gave her notice her supervisor wouldn't even give her the time so she could sit and talk with her to let her know what was going on. Then they all turned on her and her allowed her supervisor to be terrible to her.

You would think with the revolving door at that place the Corporate Office would step in and take note maybe it's their managers and Supervisors that need to be replaced. Not the people that actually work and help them make money. But hey who are we.. keep the dead wait and let the good go.. Yep that's there motto. My suggestion to anyone don't give this place your time, you will regret it and join the rest of us venting on how ridiculous this place is to work.
Pros
There is none
Cons
No real opportunity to move up in the company
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  danville,ilMarch 4, 2015
I enjoyed learning a new position to add to my resume. However, the basic overall way the warehouse is ran on a day to day could stand to have improvement. They are losing money in areas that could really be fixed with a little due diligence.
Transportation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 4, 2015
I work very hard at Sygma it's a very fast paced company. I have learned several company positions. I work with the warehouse,drivers,safety manager, Human Resources. I work with corporate office to make all the compliance is in for auditing.
Good Benefits, bad Managment
Hustler, Truck Jockey (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TxMarch 3, 2015
A lot stress, Rush all the time. No safety. Very bad manners , no employee skills. Co-workers treat u bad. Management horrible . Worst trucks to drive...
Pros
employee purchase
Cons
no overtime, schedule variable, only 30 hrs garantee!!
They use and abuse you
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sygma Harrisburg PaFebruary 25, 2015
Got my CDL through this company in Harrisburg Pa. Good choice getting my CDL worst choice of employer to help me get it !
Sygma Harrisburg is a joke from management to dispatch they will use you work you stupid and expect you to just do it and not complain or ask questions! The used to call me 5 and 6 times a day when I was off asking to take a route or forcing me to take a route! They do not care about you or your home time or family's ! They talk about there family day and that they care about employees and that's a lie! I got hurt at a delivery and instead of getting me a way home or to a hospital they made me wait at a stop and another driver came and I had to ride out the rest of the route and help !!!! This place will also look for any way possible to fire you ! Trust me I seen it first hand ! I got out of there as soon as I found someone else to hire me ! Do your self a favor and stay far away from this dump ! Warehouse sucks dispatch sucks management sucks trucks are junk routes are BS I have nothing good to say about this place ! It is a revolving door when I was hired there were 7 of us 3months in there was 2 and they just keep hiring and they just keep quitting. If someone tells you it's the best money around with home time and what not that's BS I left there And drive elsewhere no labor just drive 5 days a week home in my bed every single night off weekends and I make 500 dollars more a week than I did there !

To sum it up do your self a favor stay away from this place and look else where
Pros
nothing
Cons
warehouse, management, dispatch work load

2.9