The TJX Companies, Inc.
2,055 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

Fun enviroment, and especially busy during the holiday seasons.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), sacramentoFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 10% of employee discount, friendly staff
Cons: they could cross train more employees
A typical day at work as a cashier included interacting with customers handling transactions and keeping the area cleaning. I do wish they would cross train more of their employees but other than that it is a great place to work.
what i do on the job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good job location and close to home
Cons: the fast pace of the job
I get to the job put away clothes and size them by putting large with large etc. take the clothes out of the box put shirts with shirts and pants with pants. shoes with the right size shoes. I get along with the co- workers the hardest is the pace . the most enjoyable is to get the job done
A day in retail.
Supervisor (Former Employee), East Point, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great place to work.i like my team.
Cons: not enough money.want to move up further in the company'
A typical day at work if opening the store would be pulling cashes in the registers.Pulling overdue layways and returning them to the floor. Going into stockroom to find new merchandise to put out on the floor.
Printing reports of inventory and sales.Review the reports and going over if there any store displays changes. Setting up the merchandise for other associates to put out. Morning meeting with staff of what need to be done for the day.Assigning each goal for each associates.
Answering customer calls and running registers.Closing shift i would recover store. Prepare store to reopen the next day.The best part of my day when my department sales are up.When team work together and the goals of the store are met.Hardest part when someone call off and the team works short.So i have figure out a new plan that will work and fast.Finally the goal of each day is to make the customers satisfied and have a great experience.
Working at TJ Maxx
Sales associate (Former Employee), Gillette, NJFebruary 25, 2015
During a typical day at work I would handle sales up at the front, work in the fitting room, work in the jewelry department, and also work on the floor making the appearance look nice to incoming customers. I learned selling tactics when working in the jewelry department and I also learned how to handle customers and everything that dealt with sales. The hardest part of the job would have to have been trying to get customers to apply for a credit card. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the jewelry department because I was able to rearrange displays and overall I loved working with the pieces. My co-workers felt like a second family to me. I honestly enjoyed coming into work because I was friends with all the co-workers and had a fun time working along side them. Management was also friendly. They were there when things were tough and were very understandable in certain circumstances.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: diversity
Cons: short break
This was my first job, it taught me a lot about customer service and how to deal with all types of people professionally. My co-workers were fun to be around and I learned a lot from them also.
No Room For Advancement
Markdown/Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Wayne, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Preparation For Daily Store Opening, Merchandising, Inventory & Markdowns. In My Time With This Company I Learned How To Deal With Different Types Of People In A Customer Service Role. I Also Acquired Leadership Skills As A Trainer For New Employees.
A very productive environment and enjoyably as well
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MERCHANDISING (Former Employee), Canyon Country, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches and a good employee discount
Cons: short breaks
My typical day at work is greeting customers, helping the customers with anything they need and cleaning my section constantly. What i learned from working there is how to work in the storage room and organizing all the merchandise. The management there is very good and know what they are doing. My co-workers are fun and amusing to be with. They make the environment their enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is making enough sales in the end of the day as well as making a customer purchase a credit card from our company. The most enjoyable part of the job is having free lunches and having a great staff to work with.
Okay place to work at, but can be better
Lead Clerical (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: hours, environment, enjoyable co-workers
Cons: low wages, low chance for advancement
A typical day at work involves catering to the needs of the associates, usually involving the answering of whatever questions or concerns they may have and addressing them to the best of my ability. Working there I have learned the value of patience and how important thorough research and documentation is. I have learned the importance of maintaining a strong work ethic, how to build a strong, relatable disposition with my co-workers, and how my interactions affect those around me. I have gained the knowledge of being a strong and effective leader. The management at my job have demonstrated, in many ways, both effective and non-effective ways of managing a company. It has shown me that in order to be a more effective manager, it is critical that I experience what my employees have to endure on a daily basis in order to make more sustainable decisions.Otherwise, I stand a great chance of wasting company time and money. My co-workers are a joy to work with, but the hardest part of the job is having to endure their wrath when they are displeased with their assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job, however, is assisting them when they are in distress. Seeing that they rely on me and need me brings me great joy. I love helping others, so their warm smiles and gestures of gratitude brighten my day.
Blah
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2015
It is horrible. They dont stick with your availability, they cut hours, they dont take the time and help you with anything. the best part of the job is the people you work with
lipstick on a pig
sales associate/customer experience coordinator (Former Employee), Saddle Brook, NJFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: management was reasonable, store was close to my house, i like helping people and seeing families together.
Cons: short breaks, lousy employees that don't help anyone, policies that don't make sense or aren't properly executed, getting blamed for other people's mistakes, a small store stuffed with anything they could find so it got messy very easily, and lastly practically no opportunity for good money to be made.
I learned a lot but it could have been way better. I literally had to control the whole store and I was responsible for everything going on at customer service, but it was a lot of fun. The worst part was how I was not paid for the work I was putting in.
CASHIER (Former Employee), washington dcFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good food and fun co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
It was really nice management made everyone feel so comfortable. I loved it when we had food. I wish i had more hours. i was schedule for one day or two days out of the week.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clermont, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Enjoyed working in jewelry department I learned all about jewelry especially the high end jewelry. You will meet a lot of local customers
overworked underpaid
Key Holder/Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJFebruary 20, 2015
Typical day includes covering responsibilities other than your own due to lack of staff coverage and never ending payroll shortage. Management provides no back up or support. I've learned never to trust the people I was taught to learn from. The best part of the day is punching out and going home.
Tj Maxx Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2015
I really enjoy working for this company. The only problem I have is they don't give the regular employees the hours needed to run the store effectively.
Poor management but overall a nice place to work
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZFebruary 19, 2015
A day as an LPCS at TJ Maxx/Homegoods/Marshalls requires you to keep a keen eye on customers at all times, as well as assist anyone in need whether they are staff or customer. Other duties also include occasionally checking cameras to catch employees stealing so that they can be stopped peacefully before they leave the store.
Same work everday
Stockroom associate (Former Employee), kirkwood moFebruary 17, 2015
This job has very little room for advacement. It works best as someone needing a part time job or for a high school student. The workers are cool with a fun work environment but evrething about the job sucks
TJ Maxx Is A Tempary Job
Overnight Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee), 620 Ave Of AmericaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Cons: poor management.
TJ Maxx is a job for people that need to manage bills & get by day by day. I will say TJ Maxx is good when it comes flexible work schedules for people going to school.
Very productive and fun to place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Willingboro, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: interacting with customers
Cons: slow days
I loved working here. The management team was so welcoming and there was always a positive environment. I loved working during the holiday season because there was so much joy.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Roseville, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: wonderful pay
Cons: no breaks
Typical Day At work, Basically Kept the shoe department clean and up to date..Management skills up to date, my co workers were very friendly and willing to help me with any and everything. The hardest part of the job was filing and trying to report new info at the same time.
Enjoyable, Diverse Group of People
Store Manager (Former Employee), Sarasota, Brandon and Wesley ChapelFebruary 16, 2015
As manager responsible for all aspects of the operations, a typical day at work encompassed communication with both internal and external customers, providing great customer service.viewing reports, monitoring merchandising standards, ensuring receipt of goods moved in a timely manner.
Co-workers and peers great group of people, Management varied in leadership. The hardest part juggling individuals availability to suit the needs of the business, while still trying to be empathetic to their needs. Most enjoyable aspect was in getting to know employees and valuing them like family.
As with all retail I believe you are continually faced with challenges, you have to be willing to be flexible, have a sense of urgency everyday and with every project, value your customers and your employees, and like what you do.

1 2 3 4 5

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. – Read more

The TJX Companies, Inc. Photos