The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,719 reviews matching the search
Solid Company
Inbound & Outbound Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2016
Closest thing you can come to in regards to job security. TJX is a strong and continually growing company with a proven track record.
Pros
Great work schedules
Cons
Advancement requires relocation
Empty promises...full of lies
ASM, Operations (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedAugust 17, 2016
Leadership says one thing and does another. Values associates opinions over facts. Demands excellence. Complete hypocrites. Do not work for this company if you value yourself and your abilities as they will only put you down while "trying to develop you." they are afraid of lawsuits and allow those of ethnicities and religious beliefs 'outside the white, Christian person, to run everything.'

watch your back...no one is your friend and no one can be trusted, no one.
Sales Associate helps strengthen good communication skills
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 13, 2016
I have been a sales associate at Tjmaxx for about 3-4 years, and It was a great decision to make for my first job. It was very straight forward, my managers were very kind to me, and I made friends with my co workers very quickly. It allowed me to dress with my own personal style while still conforming to dress codes, and allowed me to use strengthen my communication skills with several people throughout the years. It's always rewarding when you're not only representing well for your company, but leaving a good name for yourself when you leave - in which I did. I had customers compliment me numerous times, and that's what kept me going.
Pros
Great managers, lots of interaction with customers, can make new friends easily, surrounded by new merchandise, will always learn something new the longer you work there, can be the easiest job the longer you stay
Cons
busy work days can be stressful, lots of walking, pay is mediocre
A fast paced environment; can be high stress
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 30, 2016
I usually check out customers, put back items and assist in the dressing room. I learned how to deal with people of all nationalities and temperaments. Management can be demanding and strict, but my bosses were rewarding of my efforts. My co-workers are amicable and mostly easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was meeting the quota for credit apps for the day, but the most enjoyable part was when I manage to help customers when they have an issue with something. Sometimes that involves helping customers who don't speak English.
Pros
Good pay, Free meals, Friendly co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, limited health benefits
nice place
Mark-Down Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 20, 2016
nice place to work for, love our team members,management easy to talk to and go to for information and help if needed..love working with all my customers, enjoying helping them, making them smile to picking out the right outfit
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
lack of hours
Very little pay, not a lot of advancement
Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 20, 2016
Job culture is great. The company is very cool when it comes to diversity. Just be prepared to be compensated very little and have hours that don't make a whole lot of sense.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Doesn't cover the bills
Sales associate, Cashier, Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 19, 2016
A day at work is pretty basic not much excitement to it, but on the positive side it keeps you busy as well as it keeps you motivated to challenge yourself. You learn a little more about customer service each and every day as well as learning a little more about how you as a sales associate can benefit from working at this company and how you can use the things you have learned to better the company. Management is full of great, hardworking people it's just sometimes in the mix of doing their job as a manager they forget to better communicate with the employees, that ties in to the hardest part of the job when there isn't a good source of communication the job can't be done correctly but then there is also dealing with challenges with customers and the things that they need. Overall, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers, giving them a positive lasting impression, learning and acquiring some key values through the company by expanding your interest in different departments and becoming flexible and useful in more than just one aspect of the store.
Pros
Discount, sometimes we are given better snacks outside of the mall
Cons
15 minutes breaks
productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2016
Responsible for inventory control and proper ID and value tags of jewelry articles, displays maintenance and stock control
Huge lack of growth within the department
Energy Management Admin (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 18, 2016
No incentive to stay due to lack of growth within the department. High volume call center with a very old way of dealing with issues. So far behind a sustainable competitive advantage dealing with HVAC issues was unproductive in many cases. Management picked favorites and unfortunately left me with an unpleasant experience from such a successful company.
Challenging work but never a dull moment.
Full Time Non Apparel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GaJuly 18, 2016
Working for the TJX company can be very rewarding. The management is fair and the work environment is positive. There is also always room for growth
Awful place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockaway turnpike nyJuly 16, 2016
Cons. Break time, hours, favoritism, working closing time, low pay, overworked, micromanaging coordinators, bad work schedule, crafty managers, few co workers who try to act like managers by been bossy. The only reason to work in this company is paycheck every week but at one point you have to wonder if the little pay is worth it.
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
So many
Crazy Place
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 11, 2016
Workload is busy, not overloading. Benefits and salary are a little low. Biggest problem is HR unwilling to give more than two weeks of vacation to new hires, regardless of work experience.
Pros
Good workload, management is fair to all.
Cons
Vacation and deferred compensation.
active and productive
Custodian/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2016
always on your toes
manager always there to help u with anything and if u ever need someone to talk to they will listen
it never a dull moment at the work place
Quick paced
Freight crew (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILJuly 8, 2016
This T.J.Maxx was fast paced, my co-workers kept to themselves, and my training never came which resulted in my resignation to keep from slowing the company down.
Pros
great customers
Cons
poor training
worst place I've ever worked at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 8, 2016
If you're looking for a work/life balance, well, you'll get it, because they offer you maybe 10-20 hours of work per week. Minimum wage. They never had enough people working, so you're running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to do everything. The people they do hire are mostly high schoolers or those in their early twenties who generally don't have much work ethic and don't bother showing up to work. The #1 goal is to sell the credit cards, and if you do, you get rewarded generously. No, not really, that was sarcasm. You get a JEAN DAY! or maybe a WATER BOTTLE! or a CANDY BAR! This really motivates the workers. The credit card is a joke, with something close to 30% APR interest per year. Shameful. Now on to the management. One of the managers was probably quite literally one of the worst people I've ever met in my life. She was UNBELIEVABLY rude to workers and, at times, customers. Funnily enough, during meetings she would lecture us about respect, kindness, etc, yet somehow, it flew over her head that she lacked all of these traits herself. I only worked here two summers between college, and boy, oh boy, was I happy that that would be it. This is not a professional career, and you will never get anywhere in this company that's actually worthwhile. Best of luck to you all.
Pros
Cons
everything
Overall good atmosphere
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVJuly 1, 2016
The company is very flexible in accordance with ones other various personal, professional, and educational obligations. They often give back to employees and treat them fairly.
good company
Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee) –  Overland, MO 63114June 29, 2016
My typical day would be palnning out my week setting goals for myself and other security officers. I also trained store associates on loss prevention strategy.
Pros
making my own schedule
Cons
mid shifts almost everyday
overall
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  205 palm bay rdJune 29, 2016
a decent place to shop, though lack of space and organization of their products. but not that good a lace to work at unless retired, if employed it never full time and slightty under employed at the busy hours and only "as needed", no benefits what so ever
Pros
cute trinkets and craft stuff
Cons
0 benifits, not full time, only as needed
OK, not for me
Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 26, 2016
Training program was great, but continued training was limited - a lot of responsibility in a short amount of time and lack of support within the organization.
Surrounded by a family
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJJune 25, 2016
Short. Would work only four hours. Though, within that four hours I knew I was surrounded by those who appreciated me for who I was.
Pros
Was an understanding group
Cons
Not as an only job

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location