The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,982 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJanuary 27, 2015
I would help customers with checkout and i had to maintain my work space clean. The employees there are wonderful. The managers are extremely helpful and are very kind. The hardest part of the day would have to be cleaning the store after it closed, because it was a mess, but overall it wasn't that bad. This is just to knit-pick. The most enjoyable thing was communicating with people and seeing my coworkers.
Work Experience
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santee, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: not enough employees working dusring busy hours
The floor would get really busy so we would be stuck at the register for and hour plus keeping the sales floor messy creating a bad shopping experience for the customers.

Not enough employees to help on the floor.

No benefits because they don't have that many hours.
Productive Workplace, with fun company parties
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakewood, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, good location, diverse store
Cons: bad hours, no secure field
A typical day at work depends on where you are scheduled for the day. Unless you are a coordinator or a manager, you are trained for every part of the store and can work in any part of the store on any given day. I learned that you have to work for yourself and not fully depend on other people's work motives because they are most likely not the same as yours. The management was very nice and thorough on what needed to be done each day/week. The co-workers that were stable in the job were all very pleasant. There were a lot of turn-overs with employees due to the different seasons and college students coming in and out. The hardest part of the job was not being in one area every time you came into work. I would have liked it if every one had a specific area where they could be specialized in, even if they weren't a coordinator. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers find what they needed/wanted and seeing how happy they were to find such great deals.
pretty good place to work at if you love to shop.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Pearland, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches and awesome coworkers
Cons: music needed a better playlist and back of the building was not so neat.
good overall but the place was not for me since i don't shop a lot.
Good
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the food aisle and the bedding and bathroom stuff was good.
Cons: the clothes weren't all that nice. i never really found anything that i wanted.
I needed to be out and about more than what I was. Managment was good, as was my co-workers. The hardest thing was the not having much to do. The most enjoyable part was seeing the stuff as it was coming in when I worked in the back.
Strongly organized and contains positivity
Back stock and floor sales (Former Employee), New York CityJanuary 25, 2015
The association helped me gain a better understanding on teaching class like courses and how to go about them.
Non-productive and boring workplace with little benefits
Cashier/ Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Madison, ALJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of multiple people calling out or not doing their job. Many co-workers were content hiding and conversing instead of helping on the floor or on register. Many were also rude. Management did not do much to correct this problem and often played favorites.
Was not a good place to work
cross trained. (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 23, 2015
The management was a mess. The store was a mess. They have new management now so I can not comment it at this time.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at work would be opening the jewelery part of the store, making sure shoes, purses, health and beauty care and jewelery are nicely put together. Each day you are helping customers fit their needs and wants. The management was organized and very helpful to have you fully understand everything that needed to be done. The most enjoyable part of the day was when you sold something to a customer and you see there fully satisfied with there purchase.
Very productive work environment
Stock Associate/Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Miller Place, NYJanuary 22, 2015
My typical day at work consisted of taking in the truck, processing all of the merchandise, setting up the sales floor, helping out on the registers as well as the fitting room. I learned how to provide excellent customer service over the years. Management was very involved, and played a huge role in helping out the employees. My co-workers were very involved. We worked together as a team to help the business. The hardest part of my job was the heavy lifting of the furniture that I built. The most enjoyable part of my job was working together with my co-workers to help set up the store.
Awesome work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 10% discount and appreciation parties
Cons: when working in the fitting room, it was very hard to get a stand in for bathroom breaks
At this location , I had great bosses where i never felt like i was just an employee. I enjoyed working with the public as well as working on team projects.
Great High Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: work around your schedule
Cons: no benefits. minimum wage.
Great job to have during high school. Enjoyed my manager and co workers but it was a part time high school job. Didn't see myself there for the long run.
Friendly enviornment
Cashier (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would usually be slow-paced. Not a lot of people come to that TJ Maxx. My coworkers for the most part were friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed interacting with customers but I didn't like how slow-paced the work environment was.
Fun workplace.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for the MarMaxx team. It was a friendly enviorment that made working fun. Co-workers felt like family. It was not difficult to maintain a happy attitude, this also made customers happier. The most difficult part of my job was learning how to use a new cash register. Overall, working for TJ Maxx was pleasant.
Lower pay, low job advancement
Cashier/Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly people, funny co-workers
Cons: the atmosphere
The environment is not very welcoming. Most people are nice but the company asks a lot of you when they don't give much in return. I did however learn a lot about customer service and how to deal with problematic situations. Gained a few skills but I wouldn't want to keep the job except for part time.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: not enough hours
Although I'd wish I could get more hours, most of the managers are great. They are very understandable and work with my school and work schedule. Most of the employees there are very friendly.
n/a
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: growth within the company
Cons: n/a
Great Company to work for and very easy to grow. Provide a lot of cultural training. Managment programs. Very easy to transfer. Focus and people and family. I Love T.J. Maxx. It is wonderful
Great place to work with wonderful associates
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: making sure customers are happy
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at TJ Maxx is real simple. Its easy and fun to interact with the customers. I enjoy seeing our regular customers come in about every week looking for new merchandise. I love my co-workers. They are good to me and we all get along great. Management is pretty good as well. The managers help their associates and treat everyone equally.
fun olace
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
tj maxx is a ver laid back enivorment ist a lovely olace to work at
Front End Clerk (Current Employee), Greenville, south carolinaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: talking to the customers
Cons: not enough hours
It's a very nice place to work. From day to day. I just need more hours.

1 2 3 4 5

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. – Read more

The TJX Companies, Inc. Photos