The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,703 reviews matching the search
good company
Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee) –  Overland, MO 63114June 29, 2016
My typical day would be palnning out my week setting goals for myself and other security officers. I also trained store associates on loss prevention strategy.
Pros
making my own schedule
Cons
mid shifts almost everyday
overall
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  205 palm bay rdJune 29, 2016
a decent place to shop, though lack of space and organization of their products. but not that good a lace to work at unless retired, if employed it never full time and slightty under employed at the busy hours and only "as needed", no benefits what so ever
Pros
cute trinkets and craft stuff
Cons
0 benifits, not full time, only as needed
OK, not for me
Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 26, 2016
Training program was great, but continued training was limited - a lot of responsibility in a short amount of time and lack of support within the organization.
Surrounded by a family
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJJune 25, 2016
Short. Would work only four hours. Though, within that four hours I knew I was surrounded by those who appreciated me for who I was.
Pros
Was an understanding group
Cons
Not as an only job
Endless Possibilities
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 21, 2016
This is a great company for anyway just starting out or seasoned professionals. There are opportunities at all levels for high potential candidates looking for job growth within the organization. There are different divisions within the company that offer a generous compensation package and a positive work environment. I recommend this company to all job seekers.
Unorganized and Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2016
The job that I previously worked at, TJ Maxx, was overall horrible, the one that I worked at for say which is located 14 Wall Street, we seem to be a loving family on the outside but on the inside, management overall are the most doltish and unorganized and spiteful people. Managers pick favorites and the allow rules to be bent and broken for those who they find rather favorable than others, but unfortunately for me I was the one who suffered from receiving formal documentation of the most doltish things such as, providing extraordinary customer service, or proceeding a transaction with an associate the improper way, or not reach a probability made by the company. They workers there are amazing and they are wonderful people, but I am more than sure I speak for everyone when I say, working there will exhaust you and do nothing but upset you.
Pros
Good Hours, Good Flexibility.
Cons
Almost everything else.
Solid company that fosters growth
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 13, 2016
TJX really values their employees. They have an excellent training program called Pace. They have a defined career path and is committed to grow their employees.
fun work place
Customer Service Manger/Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 12, 2016
I had a great store manager she taught me so much about retail and grow me into to the person I am today and I think her for that!
Pros
the discount
Cons
healthcare
Fun place to work.
cashier/sales associate (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 12, 2016
Very fun place to work just can be a little stressful ! management and co workers are so much fun! Training can be a bit overwhelming but once you get the hang of it its a breeze.
Pros
give you breaks and if you work more then 6 hours you get a 45 min lunch!
Cons
Dont have benefits unless you are full time!
Excellent culture to grow and learn in.
Coordinator / Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2016
TJ Maxx is a great company to work for, and provides excellent opportunities for growth and development within the field. Success requires commitment, long hours, and a willingness to be hands-on.
Pros
Great learning experience and growth ability.
Cons
Poor Work/Life Balance
Enjoy it
Teller (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 9, 2016
I have been with the company for 12 years and I love it. It is a great place to work at and I enjoy the people. The customers are very nice and I have built great relationships with them.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
Team work oriented place to work
Hand packed personalized boxes of candy (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 9, 2016
I Enjoy the people that I work with very much. Every one is willing to work together as a team and the management are really great at there job. I have learned that even though I enjoy my job and the people I work with, I am ready to challenge myself and make a more rewarding career change.
Pros
Management has open door policy
Cons
Not enough hours
Best place to work
Remedy Developer / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 9, 2016
I love my job, the hardest part is having sooooooooooo much more to do than there is time to do it!
My current job has been wonderful because I get to split my time between creative and organizational tasks. I love having that duality, because when I get stuck on the creative stuff, I can switch gears and do the organizational stuff. It’s nice being able to use both sides of my brain. I also like that my bosses are very effective managers. They understand the importance of hiring good people and then simply clearing the way so their team members can do what they do best with few obstacles.
My T.J.Maxx Family
LP Detective (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 8, 2016
My T.J.Maxx store was a warm, cultured store. Cuban coffee was always made in the employee lounge by the manager every morning. That makes anybody happy. My cameras would give me a view of all the employees and the customers on the sales floor. If i am scanning around for shoplifters on the cameras and i feel like it was not good enough, i'll go outside my office and walk around. You can always see everything better with your naked eye. Management can call with a concern, or maybe needing for me to go back to see footage of anything that may have occurred in the store while i was not there. Employees that are working on the sales floor are advised to let the LP detective know when they see something suspicious. If the suspicion turns out to be an apprehension, employees get gift cards from me. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the paperwork because cameras have to be looked at, at ALL times, because while i am doing paperwork, my back is to the cameras and anyone can be shoplifting. How my boss used to say: Can't catch them all! The most enjoyable part was definitely my fellow detectives, along with my boss, such great group of people. And obviously, catching the bad guys!
Pros
45 lunch time, 30 mins paid of 2nd break.
Long hrs/Production and make you work 14 days straight sometime
Ticketer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill/Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2016
The people there are great. It's just the management and hours that really suck. Some weeks we work 14 days straight and other people that were there longer did 21. Most of the people there are Vietnamese and they favor them there over any other ethnic group. Thats what really sucks, because they cheat on production and get away with a lot of things that other people can't. The most enjoyable part of the job is lunch!
Pros
They have catering companys bring lunch once a month
Cons
Long Hrs, Not fair, Management sucks
Serious business
Cashier, customer service (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 7, 2016
Management is very understanding and caring, very demanding place to work for but benefits are extremely beneficial, a lot of drama at this particular location but if you focus specifically on your job you will be fine
Workplace was fun and sparatic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 6, 2016
As an employee at TJ Maxx, I worked in every field short of management. Everyday had a new challenge that needed to be overcome, usually a display needed set up or the Jewelry counter needed changed around or updated. On occasions I'd be asked to take a coordinators role, and give orders to others, but being a lowly sales associate, I never got paid for those endeavors, however, it was a break from the norm and I really didn't mind so much. Otherwise it was a regular sales associate job, with standard sales associate duties, but with fun managers and co-workers, which were encouraged to have jovial conversations with the customers to improve the overall atmosphere of the workplace.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
flexible schedule
great benefits, no balance
Loss Prevention Specialist/ Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 31, 2016
The job was easy the people made it hard. Poor management, and no work/life balance for families. No room for advancement, mostly based on your popularity status to the upper managers.
I did learn a little about the transportation industry, as well as shrink reduction within a warehouse setting.
Pros
decent benefits
Operate multiple machines to move and locate pallets
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 28, 2016
First thing you do every day after clocking in is fill out checklist on the machine you will be using. Then you Start scanning your way through work. Every truck had a pc and handheld scanner to use on pallets and for locations for pallets. You have to get so many scans per hour to keep your job. They use pallet jack trucks, (single, double, and triple pallet carriers), stand up fork trucks (single and double carriers), and TSPs pallet rack stockers.
Pros
Consistent work; familiar routines; decent pay
Cons
Commute out of town;
friendly environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2016
everyone is friendly at marshalls. we try to help each other as much as we can and management really works with your schedule. it does get tiring at times but thats almost with any job. i have learned how to deal with easy and difficult customers to satisfy their needs.
Pros
Schedule arrangements
Cons
no part time health care