The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,795 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great job great life
Operations Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 19, 2014
What a great place to work. I would still be working there if they did not close.
Good start
Cashier/Sales Associate/Floor/Stock/Fitting Room (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: discounts
I did enjoy this job for the time that I was employed there. It was decent with hours/pay while going to college as well. In the almost year that I was employed there, I had zero advancement in any of the areas and was typically placed in the same spot every time I had worked.
teamwork
over night stock (Former Employee), new york nyOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: late nights
everyone wanted to work get the job done time management even organization ..
Disliked
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Florence, ALOctober 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks and no advancements
Management was rude to employees, a typical day of work included hours of unloading merchandise and cleaning up. It was not a friendly environment.
Not the Best
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, dress code
Cons: poor management, poor hours
It was hard to be an employee with a company that doesn't seem to care that you have a set availability.
The typical day for me started early and was only a four hour shift. Being a single working mom on trying to provide for your child on a cruddy minimum wage job is hard enough, but when they only schedule you three days a week, four hours at a time, – more... it's not worth it.
Management was okay most of the time. Out of the four managers, the head manager was the only one I ever felt was unapproachable. He looked down on all of the associates.
The co-workers were the best (and only good) part of working at TJ Maxx.
The hardest part of the job was getting enough hours for it to be worth going to. I quit because they were cutting hours again and I couldn't work any less.
The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with the customers(most of the time). – less
Not the Most Respectful Place
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 17, 2014
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
A typical day at work could have consisted of anything. No one really had just one specific task there, everyone did everything at one point or the other. For example if one had a shift from 7AM- 2PM, it could start out by restocking the front and fixing and damaged displays. By late morning such as around 10 am one could be working the Men's and kids' – more... section, and finish off the remainder of the day doing Women's or cashiering. Coworkers didn't interact unless told to do so due to a team effort on certain projects. Hardest part of the job was not having a stable schedule, and unfair treatment. Easiest part of the job was working in the fitting room. – less
Truly makes you a Maxxanista
Sr. Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with both customers and staff outside of my office. My co-workers are the best. I learned how to read and explain various reports. Also enjoyable is the occasional travel
Pretty Cool Place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucker, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: nice energy to be surrounded in
Cons: not enough pay
Being a part of people saving money on name brand Items is pretty cool, rarely get any negative customers when I do Management is always availableto help out.
Working
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAOctober 15, 2014
I did everything there, from customer service , cashier, layaway cleaning, and restocking. It was a fun job, a lot of communication and team work. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with customers that are stubborn.
Good work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, flexible work attire
Cons: no/little benefits
As a customer service representative, I learned many useful skills, such as cash accountability and good customer service skills as well as performing merchandise exchange and refunds. My coworkers were helpful and the management pushed me to succeed at my job.
The hardest part of the job was calming down irate customers.
The most enjoyable part of – more... the job was learning all the new skills of being a customer service representative. – less
Hard working and fun co-workers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 12, 2014
A day at T.J. Maxx starts out fun and gets better every customer you help.
Fun work environment, management provides food whenever possible.
Assistant Store Manager/Merchandising/Operations (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2014
Great positive environment to work in, extremely fast pace work days typically fly by.
fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCOctober 11, 2014
good place to work but do not hire within the company like they tell you they do.
great management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great team of managers
Cons: low hours
Great management; the company offers plenty of opportunities to learn about retail for those that do not have experience.
t.j. maxx
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, NCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: managment is great!
Cons: have to work a lot of nights and weekends
T.J. Maxx is a good place to work for a part time job. They work well working around your schedule. I worked the cash register. I also inventoried and stocked the racks with new merchandise This job got a me more familiar with customer service because I was always helping customers with their purchases along with helping them find items.
fun
Customer Service Representative- Seasonal (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: call offs
lots of fun and lots of great people and alot of moving around. I loved my job and would do it a hundred times over if I could
Full Time Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: ability to work in various department
Cons: attendance and tardy policy
Friendly environment, hard working staff, customer friendly
Fun place to work at.
Customer Service (Former Employee), cutler bay, flOctober 8, 2014
Very fast paced environment. Handled money. Got to meet new people.
decent job for high school kids
Backroom Coordinator, Door to Floor Coordinator (Former Employee), Athens, GAOctober 7, 2014
It was a decent high school job, though you had to deal with terrible customers.
I liked TJ Max
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXOctober 7, 2014
I liked the job at TJ Maxx. All I would do was stay in the fittingroom and the people were really nice and they would help out a lot and I would help others as well. I learned a lot by helping customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. TJX operates – Read more