The TJX Companies, Inc.

2.7K reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,411 reviews matching the search
Great learning place
Greet customers and assist (Current Employee) –  Vernon Rockville, CTFebruary 9, 2016
A typical work da includes restocking merchandise on the floor and cashing customers out. I learned a lot about customer service while at this job and how to keep customers happy while they shop. The group of associates I worked with were the best people I have ever worked with, they were always so helpful if anyone needed anything.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
The hours provided
great
Apparel Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
work tends to be very busy but I love the environment. I learned to handle cash and how to size clothes. I love helping customers and making sure they find everything they need.
Like minded
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTFebruary 8, 2016
I can say still til today that T.J.Maxx was a very intriguing company to work for. All due to the customers and fashion. It was goal oriented not only for its' own growth, but for its' employees as well. If I had a issue I could talk anyone. If I made a mistake I was condemned. It was a very good job for me at the time. I was going to school and volunteering. It match me where I was at and would love to work there again.
Pros
Flexibility, career oriented, motivating, raises, diversity, fashion, room to grow within the company
Cons
passive aggresive competition, management changes frquently, discrimination
Customer Experience Representative
Customer Experience Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHFebruary 7, 2016
Worked closely with customers to ensure that their shopping experience was excellent. I learned how to work with different types or people and how to communicated with customers.
Loss Prevention Detective (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2016
Hard working associates, associates work together providing great customer service. Meeting greeting and thanking..
Pros
ASSOCIATE DISCOUNTS
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
The people that work there are GREAT
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 3, 2016
I feel that the my co workers there were just an amazing group of people that worked hard and had great team work attitudes!
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAFebruary 3, 2016
It was a fun environment to work in, I learned how to display clothes,co-worker are good, the hardest part is unloading the truck.
was always a good job
tj maxx warehouse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 2, 2016
i went to work and stayed busy. how to learn a pallet jacket and leared how to label merchandise. the hardest part of the job was trash duty.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 minute breaks
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Had so much fun with working and we all got along so well. The relationship with all the employees was amazing. The work was pretty easy if you follow the rules and do things when they need to be done.
Pros
Coworkers, Fun
Cons
Extremely busy sometimes
For the most part, everything you'd want from an employer
Infield Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 1, 2016
I loved having a job and position where I was always busy. My role as a coordinator kept me moving all day, which is something I enjoy. I learned so many different skills and about leadership. My store manager and ONE of the assistant managers were very hands-on. They weren't the ones that just sat in the office all day baring orders around. They were helping do it all, which I can appreciate!
Pros
45 min lunch friendly
Cons
healthcare and one assistant manager
Leaves no room for advancement
Sales Associate, Backroom/Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTFebruary 1, 2016
This job will overwork and underpay. There is no room for advancement unless you are willing to give up all pretenses of having a life outside of work. They expect you to be available at all times, yet will not call you in. Instead of giving more hours to loyal employees, they hire mercenaries and more part-timers, giving them your hours and they will soon be working more than you are.
Cons
No benefits, poor corporate and local management
T.J. Max
Assisted as the manager (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 1, 2016
A great place to work, great environment. I learned a lot by working for T.J Max. I was lucky to have great bosses as well as great co-workers.
Good place to work. Very good personal and work life balance
ETL Architect (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2016
Good place to work, very good personal and work life balance.
Typical day at work is awesome.
Management is very good

I enjoyed my tenure working for TJX.
Good side job
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 27, 2016
I worked here doing my junior/senior year of college and it was a great job. I was in multiple organizations on campus and they understood if I had to call in or if I needed someone else to cover my shift.I like working here.
Pros
free lunches, people to cover hours, good people
Cons
need extra hours
good job, low pay
STOCK ROOM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 26, 2016
good people, learned alot. stores unorganized. they do not pay you enough for the amount of work you put in, and dont have enough space,
Tj Maxx
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAJanuary 26, 2016
I have enjoyed working with the TJ Maxx store as I have gained more experience as a customer representative/sales associate. I enjoy meeting customer satisfaction, as i always make it top priority.
low pay
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 26, 2016
low pay, decent people, good trainig opportunities, no benefits, nice customers.short breaks.great work environment.learned a lot. nice staff. fun place to work.clean work environment.
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay
Marshalls TJX Co
customer service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 22, 2016
Management coordinate a optimal merchandise logistical in store for the convenience of the customer. Communication is achieved through a device called the "digy". Maintenance of each department is mandatory at all times. Being able to display, organize, help find a customer the perfect product makes for a satisfying job.
Pros
Excellent merchandise
Cons
Lack of Inventory technology
Fun place
Homegoods Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoyed the atmosphere at TJMAXX and enjoyed constantly being busy and I worked with some great people. The managers were all pretty nice and did nice gestures like buying lunch or putting snacks in the break room. My only real complaint would be that people often called out, putting more of a workload on those of us that did show up and rarely did those people who constantly called out get reprimanded. Also sometimes managers didn't have the same ideas so each manager would tell us how they wanted something done and didn't coordinate with each other. Overall I loved it though.
I love working here
associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 21, 2016
Everyone is extremely friendly, and I really do love going to work. It is a great part time job for students. They're really like a family. After my store received a new manager, things have really turned around as well. There is a lot more organization, clear order of how to run things, and a better atmosphere than before. There is more clarity in job tasks, management duties, and ui
HOWEVER, this is not a job to make money. There are never hours. Even when there are a few (20-25 is the most I've had) they only go to a select few who actually know how to do multiple tasks (cashier, stock, sales floor). There are only a select few, because they never train anyone. I spent an entire year in the same area.
Also, there is also a huge security problem. I've been verbally attacked, stalked outside of the store to my car and further, and there are a lot of intoxicated customers who come in to steal. The most we can do is give "customer service", but once we're out of the store we're on our own.
There should really be a security guard on weekends or nights. Things have gotten very dangerous... A police officer came to the store one time and asked if we had "loss prevention", I just laughed and said he was looking at it....
Pros
Friendly coworkers, food all the time, really fun job
Cons
SECURITY, SECURITY, SECURITY