The TJX Companies, Inc.
2,161 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

hot no AC
customer service (Former Employee), Mnt Home, ARApril 22, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: No AC
i'd clock in and unpack the truck or work the cashier
how to work a cash register
i liked my managers
my coworkers varied depending on the days
not having AC
meeting people
It is a decent starting part time job
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Can work around your schedule
Cons: You get no hours, benefits, or job security
Honestly, I don't approve of the lack of hours and pay that you get working here. The only reason to have this job is to keep money flow in your pocket but other than that it is not a career. If you want a career or skill job, go to a college or trade school.
its a great work place just needed better management
Backroom Coordinator (Former Employee), Eureka, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: no health benefits before 90 days probation period.
I love working the with my peers but the managers were not really helpful toward building a better store for us and or a better work environment.
Administrative Assistant
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clarksville, INApril 21, 2015
I was working as a stay in school student. I was unable to find a permanent job, and because of the hiring freeze for the Federal Government, I was laid off. I had to be in school while working there. That is why I have an associates degree after my master's because I had to be in school until I was laid off 6 months later.
Fast pace work environment
Distribution Center, Supervisor (Current Employee), Pittston, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week, paid overtime.
Cons: Low salary vs. other companies
Working for TJX distribution has benefits of a 4 day work week and paid overtime. Fast pace work environment. Friendly culture within workplace.
Productive and fast paced
Backroom Processor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 18, 2015
From entering to exiting always a busy day. Door to floor procedures so no time to lean. Meeting and providing excellent customer service is always great.
Great atmosphere
Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Gratiot, MichiganApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great employees, easy days at work and great customers
Cons: Too many part-time positions, not enough full time
Cashiering, stocking, customer service, displaying products, pricing items, unloading the trucks and than clearing out the backroom.
N/A
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAApril 16, 2015
GREAT COMPANY, GREAT PEOPLE. GREAT PAY GREAT COMPANY, GREAT PEOPLE. GREAT PAY GREAT COMPANY, GREAT PEOPLE. GREAT PAY GREAT COMPANY, GREAT PEOPLE. GREAT PAY GREAT COMPANY, GREAT PEOPLE. GREAT PAY
fun and new
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 16, 2015
The girls I met there have made an impact on my life. It gave me a new outlook on life and the qualities that I've gained from it have helped out alot.
TJ Maxx
Customer Experience Coordinator (Former Employee), Flowood, MSApril 16, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, pay, hours
Cons: employee sometime didnt show up, time management
A typical day at work would be getting merchandise from the back room to the floor the same day the truck came. Making the sure the markdowns where done before the week was over with. Checking out the customers at the register in a decent time. We had a great management team and we had some great co workers, but there were some that wasn't good they were lazy wouldn't do their job that was assign for them. Hardest part of the job was time management sometimes when we had 3 or 4 trucks a week getting the merchandise at a decent time. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting the customers and thinking out of the box with the in caps.
Great Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), JacksonvilleApril 16, 2015
Fast and steady. Definitely learned how to greet customers and interact with guest. management staff was quite lazy in a few areas. me and my co workers often got along. the hardest part of the day was folding and hanging up all the clothes. the most enjoyable part of the job was FREE lunch
corrupted management, but co-worker friendly environment
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee), New Hyde Park, NYApril 15, 2015
Pros: co-workers are friendly, 20%off discount every other month, convenient location
Cons: short breaks, terrible company policy, rude management
- work flow consisted of slow mornings and extremely busy afternoons and evenings on a daily basis. single file line with roughly 3-4 cashiers available for ringing. purchasing and returning is both held on the same line. customers regularly get frustrated at company policies and wait time on the line. customers abuse company return policy. co-workers from different departments have to leave their department to come up and ring due to long line and lack of help. the return policy is what slows down the flow of the line. management can many times throughout the day can be very rude and demanding. very verbally abusive and apathetic towards employees needs and is always constantly breaking company policy for the sake of not hearing what customers have to say when they have an issue. co-workers are nonetheless friendly and helpful. they make the work environment upbeat when a regular busy day gets tense. i would consider working with them to be the most enjoyable part of the job. also getting a chance to see merchandise that hasn't been put out on the floor is what i enjoy as well. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the rude, impatient customers.
busy retail environment
Jewelry Sales Associate/Cash Office (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 14, 2015
This was a good first job. It was very flexible with my school schedule.

A typical day would be the following:

Balance registers
Bank deposit
Checking in jewelry
Sales
great company culture, exciting, ever changing and growing
Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
Very supportive management team. Exciting place to work, quality merchandise, and a company that values their customers.
Not the worst place to work
Customer Experience Coordinator (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNApril 13, 2015
When i first started there, I really enjoyed my job. After about a year the store manager retired and things started going down hill. Many of the long term associates went elsewhere after the new manager came in along with another associate manager.
Customers were loyal
cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Lunches/ Meeting Snacks
Cons: short breaks, having to clean up three sections by yourself and steady getting called to work the register
I learned how to be a cashier. I enjoyed the majority of the customers, some were daily visitors, so I got a chance to know some of them well enough. Always made my customers feel welcome at our store.
Customer Service and sales Rep (Former Employee), High Point, NCApril 13, 2015
I loved working for TJMaxx it was my first job I was crossed trained as a cashier, customer service desk lead, layaway jewelry rep, stock room and sales floor.... what I learned about this job was patience hard work and how to work well with customers to me this job was a challenge at the start because it was my first it the best part of my job was leaving knowing I had gained so much knowledge.
Great company to work for.
Manager of Finance Systems Projects (Current Employee), Framingham, MAApril 11, 2015
Allows opportunity for growth. Work with you to succeed. The people are great and supportive. I always learned something new every day.
Customer service to the 'Maxx'
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLApril 11, 2015
I love that you can be creative, especially with the displays. Management is supportive. The co-workers are like family. The team members coach and help each other succeed.
TJ Maxx is fast paced, never dull, and a place to make great friends
Coordinator of the Men's and Kids' Departments (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Payday is every friday, team meetings are fun and upbeat
Cons: Customer theft and hostility was a frequent issue.
I only worked at TJ Maxx for a brief time, but I learned a great deal about the importance of branding merchandise, managing a workforce, and maintaining a safe and fun environment for our shoppers as well as our employees. I was allowed to take turns learning about every single role in the store, from management and overseeing employees, to billing, truck deliveries, merchandise prep, employee training, running cash registers, and managing the appearance and safety of each department with in the store. The culture encourages interaction with customers and I enjoyed chatting with our regular customers and having that "best girlfriend" experience of being asked my opinion on a pair of shoes or handbag. Even though I never stopped moving, the social atmosphere made working feel like fun with no opportunity for boredom. It was basically a crash course in retail and I am grateful for the experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. – Read more

The TJX Companies, Inc. Salaries