The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,672 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

High School
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, NYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: working with some good people
Cons: no team workers
A typical day at TJ Maxx is very different some days it could be very busy other days its very hectic. I learned that you have to hold your mouth when it comes to some customers. My coworkers and I have become really close. The hardest part of the job is dealing with immature employees and dealing with issues with management. The most enjoyable moments – more... would be the laughs with my co-workers. – less
Long ago
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INAugust 20, 2014
I worked at TJ Maxx a long time ago but it was ok. A very messy store, I think I spent most of my days cleaning up merchandise.
Worked at customer Service
Supervisor (Former Employee), NYAugust 20, 2014
Working days were little challenging, but enjoyed working with different type of customers.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARAugust 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: management
loved my co workers
no advancements
you worked a lot of hours but when u get your check its doesn't look like it
It is always changing.
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee), Bastrop, TXAugust 19, 2014
A typical day at work is making sure customers are taken care of and associate concerns are met. I learned that some associates are hands on learners. By coaching them hands on it will help them learn the process faster and make sure procedures are done accurately. Management is great. If anyone has a concern or complaint management takes care of it – more... in a professional manner. My co-workers are a breath of fresh air. We are able to come into work and talk about our concerns and communicate with respect. The hardest part of the job is making sure associates are on the same page and aware of what is going on in the store. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I can come into work and have the best team of workers I can depend on. – less
boring job not challenging
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
boring job not challenging, no chance to move up terrible pay and bad co workers
easy going managers and work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, MSAugust 19, 2014
I loved working at TJ Maxx, nothing negative to say about the people I worked with or the company, it was my first job and they gave me an oppurtunity to learn what I needed to know dealing with retail, they treated me equal and worked with my school hours.
Very productive workplace
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee), Norwell, MAAugust 19, 2014
I loved working for the TJX Companies, INC. I learned so much from this job. This was my first supervisor position for Loss Prevention and I was responsible for my own store. Management was great and there was always a steady flow of communication.
Focuses on employee development and relations
Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2014
Can be stressful environment depending upon department and management. Daily focus is always on developing the employees and management staff.
TJX Maxx Distribution Center
Associate (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 17, 2014
Organized product selection and sorting
Managed ticketing and packaging in a desirable time frame
Demonstrated strength and stamina though inventory lifting
Mostly typical retail experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 16, 2014
The usual mix of cranky managers mixed with the occasional "leader" who is a go-to person. The associates are above average and generally work together.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Longview, TXAugust 15, 2014
Pros: 10 percent of merchandise
Cons: 15 min break
It was slow
The place was nasty
Co-workers were mean
the hardest part was Inventory the place was huge
A great first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 14, 2014
Once I would punch in I would go straight to the register and start ringing up customers. It's nice to greet customers and them smile at you back. I got along great with my co-workers and never had any issues with the job.
Love this job!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 14, 2014
loved the atmosphere, employees and managers. Fun fast- paced and enjoyed the free meals.
Decent starting position
Supervisor (Current Employee), PhoenixAugust 13, 2014
Pros: stipend pay
Cons: overtime during the week
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the management when things are not going great, change the process, micromanage, and blaming others run rampant.
Mediocre
Associate (Former Employee), Missoula, MTAugust 13, 2014
Pros: small food items supplied in break room
Cons: benefits
I, and other associates, were treated with some disrespect from management and other employees. During the last few months of working there, I was scheduled to the fitting room, where I would count clothing items brought to me by a customer, and give them a ticket to go try their items on. When first starting this job, I was mainly a cashier and dealt – more... with many customers, achieving their satisfaction and loyalty to the company. The hardest part was my schedule; I was not given very many hours, and my schedule was erratic. The most enjoyable part was gaining friends and learning retail-related things. – less
First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), tucsonAugust 13, 2014
Cons: seasonal only
Was an amazing first job. enjoyed working with peers and completing public art project.
very busy wonderful place
cashier (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 12, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: pay
Organize merchandise, make sure evèything is in place, and greet customers.
not bad
cashier (Former Employee), Tucker, GAAugust 12, 2014
good deals that you find there every day
management was good at the time
my coworkers were great
busy on weekends and holidays
A busy place to work where you can meet new people.
front-end associate (Current Employee), Vernon, CTAugust 12, 2014
Pros: little physical labor
Cons: little appreciation
As a front-end employee you are the face of the company. In an increasingly competitive retail market your actions will decide whether a customer will become/remain a regular or choose from among countless competitors.
Customer service is a constant factor; in the front of the store your behavior is being judged not only by your current customer but – more... also by those still waiting in line.
Management tends to pick favorites, Although what their criteria is for choosing those favorites isn't solely based on work ethic. Even the hardest workers have difficulty striving for attention.
Your co-workers are good hard working people who are also trying to make waves and stand out.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of compensation and appreciation for a hard days work. Even those employees who are clearly giving an extra effort have a tendency to fall through the cracks during the review process; every achievement is down played and and every fault exaggerated.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with a wide variety of people. The customer base is so varied you never know how your next transaction may differ from the last. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. TJX operates – Read more