The TJX Companies, Inc.

2.5K reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor Managment
Cashiering/Floor Representative (Former Employee), Burlington ncAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work was clocking in, ringing up customers, unloading freight, pushing for credit card sign ups, and always cleaning up. Management was poorly run, always holding a vendetta out for people, – more... cutting hours for getting mad at employees. The hardest part of my job was constantly annoying and bugging people to sign up for credit cards when theyve said no ten million times before, the most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers pick out things that went together clothes shoes. etc – less
Nice environment, Good Coworkers, Enough work each day
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 30, 2015
Pros: discount, parties
Cons: sometimes you get three trucks back to back
Great work place with very helpful people. The work day never got too overwhelming. The hardest day on the job was when 3 trucks arrived back to back it was a rough time getting everything sorted and hung – more... up. The most enjoyable part is when they had a surprise party for the staff in the break room. I learned how to manage stress better. My coworkers were great everybody got along it was like one big family. – less
Flexible hours and close to home
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elyria, OHAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts all year long at 10% and twice a yr at 20%
Cons: Long hours during the holidays.
I enjoyed seeing new products before the customers got to see them on the floor. Management worked with me on making sure I was informed of daily duties and got a special alert system set up for me so that I would know when I was being called to the front desk. I didn't always understand anything more than my name over the P.A.
work experiance
Front End Coordinator/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 29, 2015
This is a fast paced environment for someone who enjoys working retail. The management is not very helpful when they are being called and sometimes keep customers waiting.
Worse Job Thus Far...
retail sales associate (Former Employee), brooklyn center, mnAugust 28, 2015
Pros: local
Cons: pay, training, scheduling, management
First of all the training is horrible at this place, they run over how to use the cash register, but don't use any details of how to do each tasks, so you asks questions about a lot of stuff and they act – more... like you should know even though they didn't teach you much if anything. Management do not communicate well with one another and don't usually do things when they are supposed to, for example mailing a check to an ex-employee. The are not very friendly unless they want you to do something. They Don't pass out Schedules or have an online site to show your schedule, you have to either write down your days or take a picture of the schedule, pretty primitive for a company that is supposed to be a big franchise. If you call in for any reason the managers act as if they are annoyed with you, it doesn't matter if it is a family emergency or if your sick.. I would not recommend working here they don't pay that much and barely give anyone any hours majority of employees are part time and all the hours go to management and supervisors, there are better places to work and for more money.

I did not get anything from this job and learned nothing extra. I have worked retail before and at my previous job I learned so much about retail, this job on the other hand provides little training and very little knowledge about retail. The co workers are not very friendly unless a guy is trying to hit on you, other than that the work environment seems pretty cold. The hardest part of the job is being bored out of your mind. – less
Fun place to work at.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 27, 2015
Fun place to work at with supportive management team. It was a nice place to grow within the company. The most enjoy able part of my job was working with my colleagues and learning from them.
TJX
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaAugust 26, 2015
I loved my job! And my managers worked very close with me, to help make me a better employee for the company. I started as a regular sales associate and within a year i got promoted twice within the company.
Weekly paychecks are good.
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee), Steubenville, OHAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Weekly paycheck
Cons: Routine work
No job is perfect. Happiness depends on how you handle your reactions to situations. Only you can control yourself. You can't blame anyone else for your own unhappiness. There are a lot of people who don't have jobs in the Ohio Valley, and I am grateful to God that He gave me this one.
Fun and flexible
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 25, 2015
Great managers and co workers always willing to help. Learned a variety of traits such as customer service, sales, cash handling, training and more.
productive fast-pace and enjoyable
Key Holder / Department Manager (Former Employee), Madison, TNAugust 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hours
the hardest part of the job was when the company cut hours. made it really hard to make a living on 28 hours a week. If there was more advancements and job security,I would still be with the company. Enjoyed the job.
Fun work environment, good personnel, and Flexible hours.
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Owasso, OkAugust 24, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on items (occasionally 20%)
Cons: Little room for advancement.
Exciting work place. Work atmosphere is very pleasant and the coworkers and management are very supportive. They have a flexible schedule and are willing to work around your needs. Patient and understanding while training and especially welcoming.
Fun Place.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), League City, TexasAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Helping customers.
Cons: the rate they pay you.
Get to interact with new customers everyday. Also got great employee discount. Learn to work in three different departments. Got bonuses for opening up reward cards.
Great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2015
I have worked with this company for a few months now and they do a great job in keeping their employees happy and customer service is high.
Great place to learn how to work alone.
Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Great training
Cons: Some of the work leans more towards the store side not security of loss prevention.
I worked for TJ Maxx as a Loss Prevention Detective for a little over a year. In that time I was able to help stop shoplifters both internal and external. I can say that they are very good at training – more... their detectives and it is an extensive training process. The team is strong but you work in a store by yourself for the most part , from time to time you were able to buddy up and help find shoplifters as a couple. The work that you do in the store is noticed which does make you feel a lot better about working for the company. There are goals that you need to reach and you are required to do a lot of research of employees. There is never a moment working though were you are ever bored. – less
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Puyallup, WAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: work/life balance
i enjoy working here.
the company cares about their employees. the company cares about their customers also. it isa great place to work.
Productive and great working environment
PART-TIME MERCHANDISE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 22, 2015
Great work place with the most helpful supportive management and team. You learn about all the departments and get trained in all of them to help you succeed. Nothing but positive attitudes and great customer service.
The only good thing that this job gave me was my best friend...
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Littleton, COAugust 22, 2015
Cons: Supports Autism Speaks
A typical day at work involved standing behind a counter, counting clothes for people going in and out of the fitting rooms, and eagerly awaiting to go home. I learned that T. J. Maxx cares nothing for – more... their employees. Management was incredibly difficult to be around and the co-workers almost as much so. The hardest part of the job was the people I worked with. The most enjoyable-- besides gaining a best friend-- was how happy the customers got after I would help them. – less
Laid back and fun
Cashier/ Store Associate (Current Employee), Saint Albans, VTAugust 21, 2015
Pros: long lunches
Cons: short shifts
Ive enjoyed working here. Ive honestly had a lot of fun. all staff worry about meeting expectations and goals and it does not seem to be all on one person. great incentives and motivation to meet or exceed goals.
Skillful and Adaptive Woman ready to get to Work!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 21, 2015
Cons: Long way to break, 12 hour shifts, loud, and very dangerous.
For the most part for me, a typical day at work involved getting there earlier (I have an odd fear of being late,) and greeting my fellow employees as they arrive. I've found that a great relationship – more... with co-workers doesn't just make the work go by faster and better, it makes it actually very enjoyable!

I worked twelve hour shifts at the TJ Maxx distribution center, so the work could be very tiring. Really the best way to get through it would be to be as productive as possible and challenge yourself, even if it only means perfect labeling and box sizes.

Most of my managers had to work just as hard as their underlings, and did everything they could to dash around and make sure that nobody had problems. The reason they do not get a five though is because when they were ill or couldn't make it to work they would send managers from another department who didn't know how to handle we sorters-- my department was largely independent. We generally worked by ourselves, but relied on one another to keep their boxes tidy or else none of it would ship.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the subtle teamwork and friendship other employees had. We weren't forbidden to talk during work hours, but we developed a particular sign language for when the sorting machine jammed or we ran out of boxes. It also paid very well for a completely hire on the spot job at eleven dollars an hour. They also offered at least five hours a week of overtime and sometimes ten, so if one were in a pinch you could get some great money just five hours! – less
Customer Service (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAAugust 21, 2015
Atmosphere is always productive and filled with energy. The staff creates a friendly environment for customers and trainee coworkers. Overall great working experience there is always room to learn and step up in the store.
Headquarters