The TJX Companies, Inc.
2,238 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Review
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciation day
Cons: Low discount, very strict managment
My normal day working for TJ Maxx was always different, never consistent. I did learn from top management that hard work is needed in the workplace. My co-workers weren't always great to work with but each day was different. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with unsatisfied customers or from upset shift lead but neither stopped me from working in excellence.
full of time and attitude
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TxMay 26, 2015
Pros: friendly customers
Cons: False promises of promotion, and small hours with low pay
my day started with me having to pick up slack from others and not seeing in promotional chances no matter how much time i put in for the company.
nice
Sales Associate / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMay 25, 2015
i have a pretty decent shift. The managers are solid. Basically i my job is work from start to finish and i get along pretty well with everyone.
Not worth your time
Associate (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCMay 25, 2015
At minimum wage you'll be required to balance store cleanliness, customer service, and a wide array of task despite frequently being under-staffed. They won't give you any more than part-time hours and they have a high turn over rate of employees. Advancement is possible for a very few, but compensation is not worth it. You'd get paid better by switching jobs all together. Definitely not a career job.
Diverse and Happy
Fitting room attendant (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, IllMay 24, 2015
I enjoyed working at TJ Maxx. The work internment was happy and Diverse. There were many kinds of people from all different places that worked their. A typical work day was assisting customers, cleaning up, and clock in out. In between we would check out customers, clean up the floors and the clothes racks. We would also work in the backroom emptying out shipments that had came in. The hardest part of the job was all the many customers that always came in. The more enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Fun place.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMay 21, 2015
Pros: Timely breaks, time goes by quick, you can shop while you work.
Cons: No health benefits for part time workers.
T.J. Maxx was a fun place to work at for my first job. It is a lot of walking, bending over, squatting and some lifting is required. Unless you are a manager, you are doing different things all the time.
One day you'll be on the floor fixing displays and picking up clothes, the next you'll be on the fitting room duty or at the jewelry section. Being at the register is an everyday thing, they will call you to the register when the line gets long and they need help bringing it down.
The managers I worked with were very nice and understanding, they were not intimidating and they made sure you got your break in a timely manner. It is fast paced so time goes by quick. You won't even feel a 4-hour shift pass you by.
Good first job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Farmington, MIMay 21, 2015
Cons: Short breaks, no benefits, no advancements
Assist customers with checkout, layaways and fitting room needs. Keeping the store clean. learned how to work as a team to get the job done.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate/Markdown Associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great teamwork from staff and management
Cons: Part-time job
My experience there was great!Excellent Staff and management team.I never had a bad day working at the Maxx.Great teamwork and excellent customer service.
Pleasurable work place with pleasant employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newport, RIMay 20, 2015
One thing this job had was a wide range of diverse colleagues. Management was great with working a flexible schedule during School and extra-curricular activities.
Most enjoyable part of working at Tj Maxx was being able to connect and interact with customers
fun workplace
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: had child care problems
I Was there for the remodel and I guess the dust had me and it was fun and I had a blast and the co-workers made the time go by fast and I learned a lot while I was there I think I will take what I learned to my next job
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stillwater, MNMay 20, 2015
I learned how to work with a verity of people, and how to be a good team player and work hard in multiple areas, Including cleaning and matinence and customer service.
This was A fun place to work .
BRC & Administration Coordinator (Former Employee), Sherman, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: beig the first to see new item and have the first choich to buy them if we wanted.
Cons: When I was moved to the adminastrative coordintor I was not given the train for the postion, I was given a print out and told to learn from it.
When I was the BRC I would come in at 6am and me and a manger would open then back doors and let the truck driver in and cut the seal on the truck. Then the truck driver unloaded the pallets and then I would sign the BOL . Then the rest of the team strated coming in to process and down stack pallets. The hardest part of the job is it was hot and the boxes were dirty . The most enjoyable part was being the first to see the new item as we unloaded the boxes.
Productive work place
Front Desk Associate / Sales Associate Part Time (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 20, 2015
Lots of friendly people. Managers are amazing. Nothing but good things to say about Tj Maxx Company.My typical day was come in and greet customers take customers etc. My coworkers were amazing.
Productive and fun workplace
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMay 19, 2015
Pros: Giving back to different organizations
Cons: The pay rate
A typical day at T.J. Maxx depending on where I was scheduled was overall okay. Being on the register having to deal with different attitudes can be a bit much at times. I loved being in the back room hanging the merchandise from time to time. Certain managers were okay but overall management was good. The hardest part of this job was dealing with customers with attitudes. The best part of this job was working with positive co-workers and being rewarded for what you do.
Fun great work place
Sale associate (Current Employee), hyattsville, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: builds customer service
Cons: work hours tend to get shorter
A Typical day at Tjmaxx concise of a lot movement and hassle. It can teach how to interact with customers and how to become a people person, The managers push you to get customers to apply for credit cards which may be the most difficult part of the job. For the most part a family oriented job.
Fun relaxing wasnt rushed
Backroom Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIMay 19, 2015
i will tell everyone i know to work there its a good opportunity. i learned many things to work there. they are multi cultural and i like not be the only black person on there team
Okay
Backroom Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2015
worked in the backroom where I helped unload the daily truck,organize the merchandise by department and stock the shelves. management was okay with the employees at least in my experience and I got along with the people I worked closely with.
Good starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fair Oaks, CAMay 18, 2015
A lot of easy but annoying work with not great pay but its a great learning experience for the work place. Worked for 2 years and loved the people I worked with but dealing with the general public sucked.
Excellent work environment with good leaders
Floor Associate (Current Employee), Bayamón, PRMay 17, 2015
Sales:
High levels of sales productivity
Positive and professional atmosphere

Client focus:
Focused on providing the best customer service possible
Team willing to attend clients with kindness and amiability

Teamwork:
High teamwork performance
Open and ongoing communication with team and management

Administrative:
Excellent organization skills
Excellent coaching from management
Productive Workplace with little pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), East Point, GAMay 17, 2015
The store is always very busy.
The hardest part of the job is working so much for nothing
My coworkers are like family, very friendly and relatable.
I love the customer interaction.
I have learned how to move with a sense of urgency.

1 2 3 4 5

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. – Read more

The TJX Companies, Inc. Salaries