The TJX Companies, Inc.
2,304 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace in all
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTJune 28, 2015
Pros: 15 min before the end of the shift
Cons: short breaks
It is a good workplace and all the staff who works in there. I learned too much in ticketing the products and how to do it and select the product. My co-workers are really good and we have a good communication. The hardest part of the job it was the third shift but we have to do it anywhere. The HR staff is very responsible too.
Great place to work Except management sucks
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 28, 2015
I enjoyed working at TJ MAXX but the management team wasn't the best. They didn't motivate the employees at all to want to be at work. Busy place to work and expect to wear many hats.
Productive, Positive Work Environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Mentor, OHJune 26, 2015
Pros: flexible, understanding, helpful
Everyday is a unique day when you work at TJ Maxx. There is never the same task and well new people as well as old customers shop at our store looking for the latest trends. I have been employed with TJ Maxx for 5 years and have to say the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet and make new friends and that includes both customers and associates. The hardest part though, would being able to satisfy our customers with the customer service they need and to maintain a clean and safe experience for anyone who walks in our store. Management is very understanding and always flexible with your schedule so don't hesitate to ask for certain days off. TJ Maxx is a very diverse company and allows people of all different types to work with us. People are always willing to help you and to answer any questions you may have and is a great place to start when looking for a part time job. As much as I will miss it there when I finally find a full time job Ill never forget all the things I learned, all the friends I've made and most importantly how much I have grown just from working in retail. While it may not be easy dealing with customers it is so worth it to work with the company.
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 25, 2015
Good place to work . This just job is a hand on type of job . This store was a very busy location . You must know how to manger your task as well as helping customer at the same time . The most enjoyable part of this job is the customers . They make time go by faster .This job some time require you to think about the box to find and outstanding resolution .
A god job while going to school
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Potlucks
Cons: Very little hours
This job was good while going to school and if you needed a little extra money. The management was not that great, they showed little concern when it came to employees needs.
At times it can be a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Learning environment
Cons: Not many ways to advance as far as position.
A typical day at work can be fast paced. I've learned valuable customer service skills. The management is mostly there to help and understanding. Some co-workers are not as reliable as others. Hardest part of the job is picking up the slack of other co-workers. The enjoyable part is that sometimes you get to work with some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
Great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great on going training
Cons: less available benefits for part timers
It is a great work environment, fast paced, and a great learning experience with providing customer service. I enjoyed meeting new customers and being able to provide necessary service to them. Also seeing customers return on a ongoing basis.
It's retail
Jewelry Coordinator/ Cash Office Assistant (Former Employee), Roseville, MIJune 24, 2015
Pros: Discount on some really nice items
Cons: Work schedule and pay was not comparble
Unfortunately, in retail the pay is less than what it should be. I was able to move up in the company after being there in 2 months. There's was a high turnover, so there wasn't really a good company to build good relationships.
Very demanding with few hours
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), AlabamaJune 24, 2015
Pros: Customer Interaction
Cons: Management give preferential treatment
Most employees are hired in part-time. Only management are given full-time hours. Your schedule will vary from week to week. I would not recommend this company unless you really need the money.
Productive and fast paced.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 23, 2015
I learned a lot working there. Pushing their credit card was the hardest part of the job. My co-workers were friendly and worked hard.
it was an okay job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Germantown, TNJune 23, 2015
you work hard, but it okay for a weekly paying job. Just go with the right mind set and you will be fine. My coworkers were great and management was okay.
Amazing company
TAX ACCOUNTANT I (Promoted) (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJune 23, 2015
Great understanding of work/life balance. Encouraged internal growth. Willing to help those who wanted to grow in their career.
Great place to work! Easy to advance.
Coordinator (Current Employee), Southgate, MIJune 22, 2015
TJ Maxx is an amazing place to work if you enjoy retail, are a people person, love working at a fast pace. It is very easy to advance as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. Managers are very friendly and are willing to give guidance.
okay place to work
Cashier and Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee), Canton, OHJune 22, 2015
Cons: short breaks
cashier
I learned customer service skills.
Management was flexible with my schedule at times.
co-workers were very nice
hardest part of the job was probably working very busy weekends
fun place to work relaxing and not as hard working
Stock Associate/Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), papillionJune 22, 2015
I cashiered, put a way merchandise and did carry out for customers and made sure my area was clean and picked up and helped other associates who needed assistance.
TJ Maxx
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New YorkJune 22, 2015
Pros: Very Generous deals at the store, so employees get %10 off, and sometimes %20; Retirement plan.
Cons: Scheduling; some rude people, employees and/or customers
You will deal with several customers all in one day, just interacting, and checking out their merchandise. If you are looking to get started in the workforce, work here. You will learn so much that you can apply to every type of job such as retail, banking/accounting, and security. At times, you will work in the backroom, which can be fun.
Productive and fun work place
Associate/Cash Office Associate (Current Employee), Brockport, NYJune 21, 2015
Pros: Nice co-workers
Cons: Very few hours per week given
A typical day can vary because of the many jobs we are trained for. I have learned the cash office, the register, breaking down the truck in the back room, selling jewelry, and avoiding theft in the fitting room. The managers and co-workers are friendly and make the workplace enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is having to do several jobs at once when we are understaffed. The most enjoyable part is the cash office because I like the sense of accomplishment I get from it.
Taught me to value my life
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaJune 20, 2015
Pros: theirs always work to be done
Cons: always leaving work late due
I seemed never ending to me. Everyday I clocked in I had to clean up somebodies mess and find products out of place in the store.
good people to work with, flimsy mgmt structure
Project Manager/Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJune 18, 2015
I was hired to manage a project and worked hard to meet my expectations, the people I worked with were committed to their jobs and were very helpful throughout the project
a waste of life
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJune 18, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: pay. hours. everything
hate this company with a passion. management only cares about themselves. they only give about 15 hours a week. if that much

1 2 3 4 5

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. – Read more

The TJX Companies, Inc. Salaries