The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,866 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
Department Coordinator / Key Carrier (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAJune 21, 2017
Its a great company to start out at, a good place to grow and develop skills useful in future opportunities and every day life. Opportunities for advancement and growth within the company if that's where you choose to stay.
it's all good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJune 20, 2017
what I learned from working here is how to assist customers and help them with sales of product and how to interact with the customer.the management is really good.
Contractor Experience
Product Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 19, 2017
Most people start here as a temp or contractor so there is a lot of internal competition for a full time position with benefits. Overall it has been a pleasure. It just depends how long you can wait for benefits.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Very competitive for full time positions
fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 19, 2017
At TJmaxx you will never get bored, there is always something new to learn. It also offers great benefits and discounts.Only factor is that they don't offer many hours.
Pros
free luches (occacionally), discounts
Cons
they dont offer much hours to work
Good company to work for in all areas.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Village, TXJune 19, 2017
Most days were fast paced and challenge filled. As operations manager, I sharpened my skills at multi-tasking. In reality, as an assistant manager I was managing the store on my own most days. In other words, I had to wear all hats, whether I was up front,on the floor merchandising, in the backroom supervising truck arrival and offloading or in my office doing scheduling and payroll. HomeGoods (a TJX company) is an exciting, fun environment with new product continually coming in. The company believes in employee development and I went to several classes in which I learned policies, procedures, and people skills. My biggest challenge was hiring and keeping good, reliable people. I had many job duties and responsiblities I had never done before like implementing cost controls, sales strategies, interviewing and hiring just to name a few. I enjoy learning new things. Customers and their shopping experience was of number one importance and we had training in that area so new associates would feel comfortable and know how to help and greet.

I would love to find a job in which the company is willing to train and develop.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
The hours were difficult for me, expecially nights and weekends
Fast paced environment, never a dull moment. Cares alot about the employees' well being.
Assistant Store Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 18, 2017
Great company that always has room for advancement. Very fast paced environment. Trucks with new freight received 5 to 7 days a week. A typical day involves managing the movement of this merchandise to the floor and managing the customer experience on the sales floor. The culture is a caring one . . . this company really is genuinely concerned and is willing to listen to you. The hardest part of the job is operating on a very slim payroll budget. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers . . . they really love to shop there and are very loyal.
Pros
Lots of perks for the associates such as lunches, parties, etc. Great pay and great benefits and lots of room for growth.
Cons
High turnover at the associate level.
Great place for a work life balance
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 16, 2017
I have learned a lot while being at TJX giving me much needed abilities to not only build teams, but allow those teams to grow and be held accountable at the same time.
Very structured place to work.
Customer Experience Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2017
Too many chiefs and not enough indians!
Needs better form of communication. Currently it does not exist. Store Manager is difficult to work for and his managers are inconsistent with daily job requirements.
Pros
Meeting new customers and developing relationships
Cons
Too many to count... Very unorganized
Fun work place
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLJune 15, 2017
Working with the TJX Companies for almost 5 years, I learned a lot. It taught me responsibility, work place culture and how it should look like, and most importantly, how to work hard. A typical day at work was mainly stressful. Being the coordinator on duty, you are required to fulfill requirements which is pushing out frate in a timely manner as well as smart placement. I enjoyed the associates there. Managment was the only down fall. All except one would sit in the office all day and not do anything. Other than that, I had a great 4 and a half years with the TJX companies.
Pros
Associates
Cons
Managment
Strong company with great leadership
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 13, 2017
Overall a great place to work. Everyone is energetic and friendly. Strong company with solid atmosphere. I would recommend TJX to anyone looking for a job at a large company without the large company corporate feel,
Pros
Strong work life balance
Cons
Few work functions outside of office
ok
merchandise contolller (Former Employee) –  Philly, PAJune 12, 2017
no advancement opportunity all about who you know not what you know. good pay with benefits, terrible work life balance on nights. good people to work with
Diverse place with a big opportunity to enhance customer relationship
Administrative Coordinator/ Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 10, 2017
While working in such company, one will advance if interested in customer relations and learn a lot of new communication aspects.
Being in such a diverse place that have employees from basically everywhere, can definitely help improving anyone's ability to work within a team. As on the management side, all kind of managing skills are improved and I am more than ready to be a manager for almost any kind of business in the near future.
Pros
Associate motivation events and rewards
Cons
salary
Could be better.
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 9, 2017
The company itself is a mess, constantly changing their policies to better fit the management team rather than the employees and customers. The Management team never knew what was going on in the store and once a problem was brought to them, they would not immediately do something about it. Not enough hours given, don't offer full time, absurd expectations.
Pros
Sometimes got free food.
Cons
Literally everything else.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
Prioritizes and accomplishes multiple leadership tasks within established timeframes by effectively planning and managing workload, delegating work and supervising, monitoring and directing department level leaders and other partners
Benefits
Cons
Payroll
Place for growth
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJune 5, 2017
Awesome culture, plenty of opportunities to move up especially if you're relocatable, diversed environment , work life balance is better, benefits are expensive but salary compensates for that!
Pros
Growth, weekend overtime stipend, family oriented
Cons
benefits are expensive for family
Typical Day at Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2017
Once you are branded as someone who cannot work consistently in the "grey" area you are not part of the team. Expectations are drafted by a senior leadership team that continuously manages by walking by and not engaging with supervision "magic management". Communication is poor if need to know, except when you or team as not met expectations. The rules on keeping associates accountable is not upheld. Hours are spent on associates that do not meet standards for performance and methods through audits, one on one counseling and through a coaching log database. Through weekly encounters with HR and the senior leadership team, no one will pull the trigger to terminate an associate not meeting standards. Furthermore, degrading supervisors on the floor in front of their associates, senior leadership team removing referent power due to associates by passing their immediate supervisor and going to HR is a regular occurrence.
Pros
4 - 12 hour days
Cons
Senior Leadership Team Expectations and Communication
Company expects a lot, but compensates well
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2017
The hours are long, the work is physical. However, the company treats its managers very well. The hourly employees are not paid that well. TXJ offers great benefits.
very fast paced
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FlMay 29, 2017
Unloading freight to floor, working at a fast pace, working with a small crew, Management working just as hard to complete tasks and the hardest part is that is it never enough as more will be added to your day.Loved the team. No enjoyment here. Do not recommend.
Pros
Good pay for Management
Cons
unreasonable work load
Its an good company in retailing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 25, 2017
A typical day at work is helping customers find their surprise and to give the upmost customer service. I have learned that every person is different and there are different cultures to be learned. The hardest part is keeping up with the (micro - managing) policies and policies that seems to be changing everyday. What is enjoyable about the job is meeting new people.
Pros
Wear what you like, fun committie
Cons
un-resonable policies and procedures, pressure to get credit cards, micro managing
Not a good working environment, low hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
Not a good working environment, favoritism in the workplace. Low pay, They will hire 100 people to work 500 hours instead of giving people more hours. Employee turnover is big. Not a good company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval