The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,867 reviews matching the search
Not a good working environment, low hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
Not a good working environment, favoritism in the workplace. Low pay, They will hire 100 people to work 500 hours instead of giving people more hours. Employee turnover is big. Not a good company to work for.
First part time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 24, 2017
I did not take this job serious, I was only 17 at the time, I didnt know my responsibility and did not care for it that age, I was just chasing paper at the time because I had a decent car
Wonderful and Caring Company
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 23, 2017
Working for TJX has been wonderful, great people, beautiful atmosphere. Always felt respected and acknowledged for my work. Therey was always great encouragement.
Pros
Great place to learn and grow.
Cons
It's difficult to get a Full Time position.
Active and fun workplace
Designer (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 22, 2017
Love working at the TJX Companies. Human oriented and a great place to learn new skills. Everyone's extremely welcoming and teamwork is key. Many creative people to learn from as well.
Very good and friendly employer but terrible comp
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 22, 2017
Very employee-focused employer - willing to address employee needs/concerns...for instance, my team expressed the need for flexible work schedule and they were able to implement it after several layers of approval...but, as an off-price retailer, they definitely pay 'off-price'.
Retail and IT overall have a very different culture
Manager of Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 19, 2017
TJX grows people to achieve and the retail side of the business promotes from within. IT in the past was successful in promoting from within but has looked to the outside for greater knowledge and experience. This is an upside. The TJX IT people can benefit from the outside knowledge being brought in.
Flexible work hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2017
This company is continuously progressing when it comes to the work environment. If you are willing to work hard and take your job seriously, then you should have no problem working here. The only reason I left was because I found a job that was related in my field of studies. I loved working here because they were more than willing to work around my school schedule, even when it would change every semester. The only downsides are that they do not offer any benefits because it is a part-time job, and there really isn't any room to move up. But, other than that I loved working here.
Pros
Flexible hours, extra hours during the holidays
Cons
No benefits
Great price and customers
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHMay 17, 2017
I was responsible for operational controls at the Front Line Service Desk, Layaway and Jewelry.
I ensures Front Line Associates provide prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to all customers.
I resolves customer service issues appropriately and competently.
I audits and approves all necessary front Line paperwork.
I was responsible for training and developing store associates on customer service standards, register procedures and proper front line procedures and controls.
Pros
making customers happy
Cons
Building needed better air conditioning cirrculation
Stressful for management
Assistant Store Manager - Operations (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 16, 2017
Stressful for management . Logistically the company is not up to par. However you can grow quickly if you stick around. Would recommend giving this company a shot for growth opportunities
Productive Workplace
Team Leader - C&W Services (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 16, 2017
Easy commute
Great people to deal with everyday
The management team is respectful and open minded
Dealing with internal issues in a timely matter
Great benefits
Just typical place
AWS CERTIFIED SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2017
Work culture is good and salaries are low, Far from the city and tough to travel from the down town and many other places. other than that nice work place and relaxed environment to work
Typical Day At Work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 14, 2017
It's retail, so it's a controlled chaos kind of environment. The day can really go either way, depending on the business that day. Very fast-paced, be ready to work hard.
Best Place Ever
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Naples, FLMay 11, 2017
I loved working here. I worked here all through college and it was a great place. Great employees. They are so very willing to work with schedules and they will cross train you in order to get more hours.
I was developed to my highest potential by my Manager
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2017
Other companies should take TJX as an example on how to treat their employees and customers. I dedicated 5 years to this company and in those 5 years i was developed by my managers and promoted 4 times.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and Staff
Cons
Distribution employees could be treated better
Senior HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 9, 2017
Home office employees are treated much better and are offered much better opportunities and employees that are part of the supply chain. The company can do much better.
Pros
The people
Cons
Lack of opportunities
Good company!
Loss Prevention Detective (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 8, 2017
Good company to work for! Growing rapidly! IF you want an opportunity to grow there are plenty of options! Highly recommend you apply here to have a better future
Typical warehouse job
Marker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
Although, the hiring process was fairly quick, they were very misleading about advancement into the company. It was told that if you work hard and excel in meeting job expectations, you have nothing to worry about as far as losing your job but this was not the case at all. If you weren't there for more than a year plus everyone was pretty much let go without warning. I did enjoy how relaxing the job was. They played music throughout the shift and the supervisors only came out if they needed something specficially done.
Pros
calm work enviorment
Cons
temporary
TJX is a Great Company
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 3, 2017
due to the distance and the non-remote nature of this employer I had to seek other opportunities. It was truly a great experience and I have no regrets from working here
some nice co-workers, very low wage, very poor management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAMay 3, 2017
Managers were very weak, not providing strong leadership. This became evident in high absentee rate, poor performance of store, work schedule posted less than one week in advance,and store being dirty and disorganized.
Pros
some nice co-workers
Cons
standing for 8 hr shift or longer, poor management
good work place for being in high school
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 24, 2017
At t.j.maxx I was a sales associate, and a cashier. I liked working in the retail business while in high school because it gave me my first work experience.
Pros
gave me experience
Cons
no growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location