The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,868 reviews matching the search
good work place for being in high school
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 24, 2017
At t.j.maxx I was a sales associate, and a cashier. I liked working in the retail business while in high school because it gave me my first work experience.
Pros
gave me experience
Cons
no growth
good Company overall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 22, 2017
Always busy...Best part of job is the people. hardest part is expectation grows rapidly with little or no support.
Work life balance is very hard with the hours and demands.
Long hours and no flexability
Sales Coordinator/Department Manager Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 20, 2017
It's been along time since I worked for this company. I was a cashier, there is room to grow within the job. The pay wasn't that great but the benefits were good. There is room to grow in the company.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
No flexability
Not a very good place to work.
Lead Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
I worked here part time for about 2 years. At first it was okay... then we changed management and it pretty much went downhill from that point on. Management was rude and inconsiderate, especially if you need a day off. (My grandfather passed away and i needed the day off for his funeral and they gave me a hard time just to have that day off. WHO DOES THAT?) I would not recommend working here.
Pros
10% off discount, you get to see the items first and purchase them before the customers
Cons
15 minute breaks, always short staffed, horrible management, horrible hours.
Great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2017
Loved every one, I felt like a daughter to everyone. No one got out of line and all the customers treated me with respect because I did so as well. I'm glad I worked in this type of place, I've gained a lot of customer service skills.
Love the people you work with.
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 17, 2017
The TJX companies major strength is the display of Entrepreneurial spirit. The people that you work with are both professional and caring individuals.
Great place for experience.
Sales Floor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAApril 12, 2017
With the quick pace environment this job opportunity helps build patience and great work ethic. I learned about interior design and also many perspectives on customers who would shop there.
work
Sales Accociate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJApril 6, 2017
Its a typical day at work. you have your good days and bad days.
keep store organized, help customers, mark down prices, and put out new items in the store.
Great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87110April 4, 2017
Great environment to work in and can be fun at times. I enjoyed the managers and going to work everyday. I met new people and made new friends. Overall, its a great company to work for.
Flexible hours
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 3, 2017
A diverse and fun place to work! This position definitely keeps you young, since most of the evening staff are still in high school. The one thing that I enjoyed about this relationship is the diversity and culture. You also are crossed trained in the numerous departments in the store.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities.
The #1 Off-price retailer. A great place to learn and grow
Director of Merchandise Presentation (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 3, 2017
It was a privilege to have worked at TJX. Great place to learn the off-price business. Provided growth and opportunities for me. Solid and financially secure.
Fun place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 29, 2017
A regular day at tj maxx deals with your hours really say yo work a 9-5 you simply unload the truck if your a backroom associate and just try to get all the freight out that comes in
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short breaks
Nice people to work with but not the best management
TJ Maxx (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXMarch 29, 2017
You get to work with nice associates. I've made many friends. You also meet nice customers everyday. Management is not good. Not all managers are bad just more than half aren't good. They don't communicate with each other which cause every manager wanting you to do what they want. They also like to confront you in front of the customers. They make you feel stupid and its embarrassing in front of the customers.
Pros
Nice associates
Cons
Management, Discount
Productive and great place to gain customer service experience.
HomeGoods associate (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 27, 2017
A typical day work at Marshalls and Homegoods is great because you get to engage with the customers. Providing customer service is a great skill to have. The culture is very important because TJX company really cares for its people and that is why I have been part of this team for almost 4 years.
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 26, 2017
Work is very hectic. Busy environment. Managers can be disrespectful at times. They don't show appreciation towards their employees. It was my first job and I learned a lot about keeping customers happy.
Pros
Free parties
Cons
managers are not understanding
Take the job and get paid and run
Mech one (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2017
I started work for this company when it first came to Phoenix. It was a small Warehouse in Tolleson. It was consistent work but very hot there. And it was a temp job for the first 2 years. Was lied to over and over again about being permanent. But I stuck it out. Management was very cool. It was like we were a family. And then we moved into the new warehouse. And things changed. They brought in the Union and ES and it turned into a joke .The turnover is very high , only 2 of us from the beginning where left after 5 years. Management turned into HEADHUNTERS. A place I didn't like working for anymore. You felt like they where out to get you ,always have to watch your back. If you're looking for a short time job. This is the job for you. Good Luck
Pros
A/c
Cons
Headhunters
Allocation Analyst - Home Goods (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 23, 2017
Really invests in its employees and career growth. must be fully committed to being in retail however and travel for buyer. Company is solid financially.
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 22, 2017
I only worked a year but was a good experience. learned a lot about customer service and sales. fun and easy. good hours and good pay. management always worked with my schedule cause I was in school
Professional at the same time friendly work place.
(Marshalls) - Associate (Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2017
Nice place to work with flexible hours and great management. Learned a lot to improve myself while working with big number of people. I like flexible hour which give me to give my best at both place home and work.
Good Place to Work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 20, 2017
Alot of good people in the IT area, such that if I started my own IT company, I would try to steal a significant number of them.

The vast majority of people in the IT area are nice and helpful. There are relatively few jerks.

They "cull the heard" about every two years, even though the business makes tons of money.
Pros
All of US-based IT is in one building.
Cons
The business side has little interest in IT matters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location