The TJX Companies, Inc.

2.5K reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Cool, laid back, and a friendly environment
Retail Salesman (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2015
We learned good sells techniques and how to satisfy the customer. I learned how to properly run a back room, labeling, and scanning merchandises separating and organizing.
Solid Job to have
Mens/Kids Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee), Peninsula, CAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Very simple
Cons: Having to re-rack the clothes. Clothes in the wrong departments
Retail wasnt as bad as I thought. If you are really picky about where things go, as far as how organized you are according to clothes than this is the perfect job. A typical day is putting clothes in there proper place. The people are very friendly, both customers and co-workers.
productive and fun times with new people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Fun at time and new clothing come end
Cons: short breaks
Come end and wait on costumers' and clean up the store the whole shift also prompt reward cards. I really enjoyed it just don't make good money here.
Very well balanced company
Team Member (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers and managers
Cons: low hours
My days of work consisted mainly of helping customers and sorting through backroom items to push to the main floor.
I learned how to effectively deal with customers and their day to day problems with either their items or the store itself.
The management of this store have always been great and even as I left they were very kind.
My coworkers were for the most part very well spoken and they all – more... did their job very effectively. They were almost a second family to me I respected them all that much.
The hardest part of the job was setting up the sections of the store for it to look appropriate and well off for the customers to enjoy it.
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with me coworkers. They always worked as hard as they could and I've never honestly found another group who's worked as hard as they did. – less
Busy workplace with high customer flow
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 6, 2015
Pros: employee discount
TJ Maxx is a place that will keep you busy all of your shift. I enjoy putting out new merchandise. But again, the work was not very challenging.
first jog in retail
In-Field Worker, Sales Rep (Former Employee), shreveport,laAugust 6, 2015
this was my second job that I had ever had coming right from getting me ged but they never would give enough hours, my coworkers were very fun to work with and made the job easier
Nice and comfortable work place
Store Associate (Current Employee), PRAugust 5, 2015
Pros: good environment to work
Cons: lack of hours to work
Its a good environment to show your skills as an employee, where you can interact with the costumers and also you can show ideas for arranging merchandise, and show leadership.
Productive and wonderful work place
, Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee), columbia scAugust 5, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: no cons
I love working in retail, it is a great enviornment to work in, everyone get along great, everybody work as a team and help out with no problems,
Very Easy
Associate (Current Employee), Claremont, NHAugust 5, 2015
My job at TJ Maxx is very easy and satisfying. I love to help customers when they are in need. I love getting to see customers who come in all the time and getting to get to know them and see them get exited to see me when they come in.
Is one of the best places I work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 4, 2015
Pros: TJ Maxx was great with rewards.
Cons: never because we all worked together.
A typical day of work was cleaning and doing minor repairs, Iearned to get alone with people from all over because I worked on the cash register and I also worked in store helping customers find what they need. My coworkers where the best and the nieces people to work with. The hardest part was that in the beginning was i was the only guy their and when the delivery truck would come that was hard work for me. But I enjoy every minute of it.
watering flowwers
Janitor (Former Employee), Hampton, GAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: no free foood
Cons: 30 min break
seasonal job wasint my best bet I was wililing to get a better job but this job was a minimum wage to it was ok at the moment until they start cutting hours when doing extra overtime an working hard enough.
Cashier
Cashier/Jewelry Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: easy, fun, advancement
Cons: start out part time, no benefits
This is a great job for someone in highschool who is needing some extra cash. Dealing with customer complaints as well as other customer service needs is a must when working somewhere like this.
Productive workplace
Loss Prevention Detective (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 3, 2015
It's a good place to work for young adults entering the workforce or high school kids. Opportunities are slim. You will work hard. Unless you are part of management the benefits are not good. You wont start gaining vacation days until 2 years of employment, but you will gain 1 hour of sick time each week with 7 personal hours a year.
Productive and Excellent workplace
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Brooklyn NYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: employee lounge, great benefits
Cons: Short breaks
all the staff was nice and respectful. The managers were amazing and helpful at work. Tj maxx is great place to work and has amazing opportunities to grow in the company.
fun place to work
Associate Clerk (Current Employee), Middletown, NYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: the 45 minutes lunches for 6+ hour shifts
Cons: The managers
The TJX company is a good company to work for, but the Middletown store could use some help when it comes to management. The three managers that are there don't really seem to care about their employees or helping their employees when they see that they're having a rough time. I believe they spend too much time in the office and not enough time on the floor observing. The only time when they really seem concerned about the store is when they know the district manager is coming in or there is some type of special visit.
Working at TJ Maxx
Sales associate (Current Employee), New York,NYAugust 1, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: Bad communication
A typical day at TJ Maxx for me is very straight forward. I clock in, go check in with my manager. Because im on the markdown team i would go grab my markdown gun and scan the items in the store. I learned how to operate every department in the store. Something Marshalls did not teach me. Management need a little help. Not enough communication. I love my co-workers . My co-workers work so hard as a team to provide great customer service. The hardest part of my job? Not one thing at my job is hard. Well, at least not for me. Everything here is pretty basic. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing an challenging task.
Great company to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2015
Work weekend shift; 6:45 am- 7:15 pm. Coming from the retail world to the DC is a great change. There is work life balance, something I never had prior to working here. This company values their workers from associate to supervisors.
High end store with added responsabilities
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Akron, OHJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Scheduling
I enjoyed working for this company, however, scheduling wasn't consistent. Most employees get along well. Managers seemed to work against each other.
This company really focuses on customer satisfaction
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Whittier, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Incentives are given for mass production of credit applications
Cons: Becoming a full time employee is almost impossible
A typical day at work involves putting out new merchandise, creating appealing sales floor features, managing space to product ratios, catering to customers needs questions and concerns. Once the new merchandise is neatly put on display my main focus is keeping the sales floor recovered and responding quickly to register to keep lines short. Working at TJ Maxx I learned how to manage many task in – more... a short period of time without stressing out or cracking under pressure. I also learned that customer satisfaction is the priority. Although management has recently changed our new manager has expanded our focus from merely sales to customer satisfaction to increase sales. My co-workers are like my family making the work environment fun and exciting. The hardest part of the job is not knowing when your hours are going to be cut. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great people and having enjoyable clientele. – less
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Weatherford, TXJuly 29, 2015
Retail in general is all about the people that you work with. Coworkers can make or break a job experience and TJX hires some of the best. Management could be improved, but overall my experience there was great.
Headquarters