The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,715 reviews matching the search
Wonderful experience learning interaction with customers of many various demographics.
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager Training (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 27, 2016
This was a fun place to work. I learned a great deal about the marketing industry and inventory control on a retail scale.
Pros
Management was always on hand and involved in the workfield
Cons
No benefits (i.e: health insurance)
register and cleaning
Sale Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLApril 26, 2016
it was a chaotic work place, because most of the cashiers would just play around.
the management team was okay for the most part, a few of the management don't know how to communicate with the workers.
the loved the opportunity to make most of the customers I come across smiled.
Pros
great working place
Cons
childish workers
very friendly enviroment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXApril 21, 2016
favoritism is controlled a lot even though management won't admit it. also its a job where you go by your gut instinct on displays and coordination's.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Cons
favoritism
nonstop environment
Sales person/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 21, 2016
typcal day work will be chaos everybody would be runnimg around trying to get stuff done you have 4 different mangers telling you to do something different at once
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAApril 20, 2016
This company only cares about credit card sales, but they need to start work on picking better management. They give no hours to people who aren't bilingual, Customers are shocked, outraged even when they learn your not bilingual, some will refuse to work with you at all and demand a Spanish speaker. It's madness!
Pros
n/a
Cons
My manager was an over grown teenager with an obvious eating disorder, she ran our store into the ground!
Fun job always happy customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILApril 19, 2016
I liked that everybody was helpful when I first started working there it built my confidence. Another one of my objectives was to make sure the store was clean and organized at the end of the night and it simple once i learned every department.
Pros
weekly rewards
Cons
short breaks
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNApril 18, 2016
come in , grab gun to do any markdowns for the store sales. stock product on floor. sales rep, cashier, inventory. great people to work with
Pros
discount
Cons
short hours
Hard to advance with the company
Markdown/Fitting Room/Layaway Associate (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 18, 2016
My typical work day would be great until having to deal with unprofessional management. Being with the company I have learned a lot about the company while being employed with TJMaxx. The hardest part of my day is just dealing with rude people in general cause that's not who I am. I always try to have a smile on my face. The most enjoyable part of my day is when repeat customers ask for me.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Short lunch, No Healthcare
Worst experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 18, 2016
Management didn't care if you got sick. I never called one day off during my time there and was always on time and I got sick and got fired. Management was terrible and bullied sale associates.
Cons
Good company to work for.
Cashier-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTApril 16, 2016
Customer service, cashier, jewelry department. I learned about inventory mark downs, customer returns, credit line applications. I enjoyed working with the management that ran the St Albans department store.

Want to know more about The TJX Companies, Inc.?

Ask a question
productive day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 15, 2016
I process customer payment transaction. I enjoyed most part of my job. the only thing i didn't enjoy wee rude customers. we had great managements.
Great for college students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 15, 2016
This job is great for those who are full time students as they are willing to work with your school schedule. But you're out of luck if you are looking for full time employment because their hours aren't as great.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant to AVP of Operations (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MA 01752April 15, 2016
This is a great company to work for. I've learned a lot about payroll and budgeting with this company. It's also a great environment, everyone are always willing to help out on anything.
Typical Rertail Job
Marshalls (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYApril 14, 2016
The management is the worst when it comes down to it. The scheduling is always messed up as well. The expectations to payment ratio is completely messed up. You bust your butt everyday to make a small pay. Not worth looking around for a job in this company unless you won the lotto and want to waste time. Don't bother.
Pros
10% off items. Doesn't mean much
Cons
everything down to them counting the seconds of your break
Hours are good and coworkers who stay longer than a a few months are very nice and helpful.
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAApril 14, 2016
Typical day starts at 7am and recovery(cleaning/repackaging) is done in your dept.Totes are then brought out and you restock your dept. Always making sure to be aware of customers and providing them with excellent customer service is a TJX company priority. It is also on of the most enjoyable parts of the job. The customers, with very few exception are nice, friendly, funny and a pleasure to assist. I have to say that it is my coworkers that are the most fun. You can always hear laughter in there and management always tries to celebrate holidays by buying meals and treats
Pros
Meals, Gift cards in recognition of outstanding employees
Cons
schedules are not regular, very strict regarding hours
great co-workers
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work for me is, if I open, I load the registers with money, and then I normally make the schedule for the day. After that I make sure that the front end is ready for the day. Throughout the day I stock the shelves, answer customer questions and complaints, make change for cashiers when needed, and answer phones. What I have learned from being there is being a leader. I was never really a leader until I was offered the job. I also learned that you can't please everyone but you do your best to satisfy them.
I love my co-workers. I have great relationships/friendships with everyone there. It always makes a better workplace when you heave a friendly atmosphere to work in. The hardest part of my job is probably dealing with the lack communication in the building between all the managers. It makes it very confusing and very frustrating most days. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things all the time and meeting new people everyday. It keeps the days interesting.
Pros
free lunches every so often, free breakfast every so often
Cons
lack of communication
To each their own?
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2016
Each store has their own style of working. Each store has their own management. And each store has their own problems. What can work at one store, may not work at another and if you want and environment where you will end up loving your coworkers, you should work here.
Great workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 12, 2016
Great place to work and shop. Coworkers are like family and it had to be one of the easiest jobs I've ever had. Leaned that customer is important.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No Hours to work
Very productive and well ran company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 12, 2016
Management is awesome, and its a relaxed place to work. Only big issue I ever had was getting enough hours to be comfortable with.
Fast-paced workflow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
The store stayed really busy and got a lot of business. The thing I liked about the workplace is we were able to get things first and the coworkers were nice to work with. The management gave us free lunches at least every month.
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Not closing on time

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location