The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,813 reviews matching the search
A learning experience
Loss Prevention (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PANovember 8, 2016
A typical day at work includes daily operations assigned to you by management. My job stretches a persons ability to quick change to a different area of work in a moments notice. Co workers as anywhere you work are an important part of completing each shifts tasks.
Pros
no swing shift
Cons
Can be stressful
Excellent company to work for
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 1, 2016
Would love to work for this company again. They are nice and flexible. They offer great benifits. You also get a 10% store discount. The managers are helpful.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Not enough hours
Former employee
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 30, 2016
Worked here in 2000-2003. In 2001 I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. At first I have a few Drs appointments to learn how to take insulin correctly and how to eat. My boss (buyer) didn't like this so I ended up being laid off. I also wasn't allowed to eat at my desk which is an issue when you have type 1 diabetes.
It's also extremely judgmental here. If you don't have the most expensive everything you will be looked down upon, talked down to and not have very many friends. It's hard to do this if you are only making $13 /hr and trying to pay rent and other bills. No over time is allowed and you are not allowed to obtain a second job in the evening. So it's pretty much impossible to fit in here.
I did love the actual work I was doing here and the vendors I interacted with on the phone were great.
Pros
huge cafeteria, healthy options and onsite gym
Cons
Cliques, not evaluated on your work or promoted on your work, promoted on your looks and bank account instead.
Productive and open environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46277October 30, 2016
Working at T.J.Maxx was my first retail job. I was hired on as a temp during the holiday season. This being my first time in retail, I hadn't known what to expect or what to do. They guided me through it and made sure that I knew what I was doing before sending me out on my own. The staff is very friendly and welcoming which helped make my first retail experience enjoyable. I would definitely work there again.
Great place to work!
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with exceptional people that embraced a work / life balance. They encouraged development and support you along the way.
A very inviting and energetic environment!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 27, 2016
TJX Companies offer competitive pay, a friendly/lively work environment, and give amazing benefits! They work with your college schedule and are very flexible!
Pros
Friendly environment, great pay
Cons
Short breaks, hard to get time off for holidays
Fast paced and trendy!
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 27, 2016
Working at any TJX Company requires a lot of multitasking, patients and quick decision skills. Something that you'd learn working in this environment.
productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 26, 2016
a typical day at work would include providing customer service and people skills to help customers find what they are looking for or have aleady found.
Pros
break minutes
Cons
co workers rude customers
Co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 25, 2016
Working for T.J Maxx is one the greatest work experience not only did I meet really nice people who are willing to go out of their way to help others.
Finest job I ever had.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 25, 2016
I worked at TJX for nine years and I enjoyed it very much. There was a major lay off and I was in the group. Everyone was very nice and we all got along. It was a real team effort.
Pros
Worked 10 minutes from house and made many friends who I still keep in touch with.
Cons
No cons
Productive.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 24, 2016
Hard work with good communication between management and associates.
I learned a lot about safety rules and processing merchandise, I also did a great job coordinating the store back-room from unloading truck to pushing merchandise to the store floor.

I learned so much about how good communications between associates and management can improved productivity.

The most enjoyable part of the job when I complete my work within time.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Low payment.
Worst place ever
Senior Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 24, 2016
Worst place ever to work, especially if a man.
Totally incompetent management and lied to at every turn. My supervisor would alter my reports after I left so she could criticize them.
Employees are not team players, don't care about you and will stab you in the back in order to get ahead.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
very low employee morale
Former part time employee (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHOctober 20, 2016
Former employee . Good pay for retail, but not enough hours. Weak management, lost great employees. Even lost some great managers due to the fact of terrible employee treatment. If you can work 8 to 12 hours a week that's great. Do not expect anymore.
Pros
20 percent discount sometimes.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Area Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAOctober 16, 2016
Very solid company with much to offer. The company is growing here at home and globally. I feel the only complaint I have is that they seem more enamored with potential candidates then the home grown talent
Pros
Company is growing
Cons
Productive and really prides itself in customer care.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 15, 2016
A typical day is busy, especially if you've worked there for a while. A lot of walking is required and there are times where running around the store is necessary or required when it comes to customer care. Some heavy lifting is necessary when it comes to selling furniture. Register training is given as well as a run down of all the departments, how to apply the different security senors and what needs a senor, how to work in the fitting room, and training on the different jobs needed in the stock room. Everything is managed well to a t, except the work schedules are always a little wonky and are never correct the first time. The co-workers are respectful to each other and the customers. The most difficult task is having to keep cleaning up one section the entire day due to inattentive customers. So if you can't handle having to clean after people continually all day including something you've already cleaned, then this job is going to be a lot more difficult.
The most enjoyable part, in my opinion, is the fact that I work with clothes all day . I enjoy watching the seasonal fashion change and whats in style and whats out of style. The best part would be getting clothes in for the next season early.
Pros
On the job training, really good hiring rates
Cons
Really good hiring rates
Good Company
Loss Prevention Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 14, 2016
Career advancement is not as good as they preach it and promote it, but once you get higher its pretty good.Would recommend the company
Overall its a great company, good benefits & great team depending on the district. I learned a whole lot and grew professionally, the training process is really good both hourly and salaried.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
pay could be better, career advancement decent
Productive, relaxed, friendly
Cashier, Floor, Stock (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2016
Most of our customers are regulars so there is a communal atmosphere to it. The tasks are never too demanding and the hours are O.K. at best.
Pros
Friendly, relaxed
Cons
few benefits, few hours
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MAOctober 9, 2016
Typical work day. 7am to 4 pm. Or 1pm to 10pm. Good staff of employees. Work life balance is the best part of the job. Have learned a lot about retail, learned a lot about reading reports such as kpi reports expense reports and sales reports.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Advancing
A great place to work
Busines Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 5, 2016
I worked at TJX in the IT organization for 6 years. While I have to say that the IT management is completely clueless, the company is a fantastic place to work, and I'm sure that IT management will get their act together again and start firing on all cylinders. If you are looking for a place that is truly a great place to build your career, this is the place. Highly recommended.
Encouraging environment, with a fun atmosphere, and fun people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJOctober 4, 2016
*Most days at work are fast paced, and fun.
*I have learned how to communicate better with people, and on different levels. Everyone's mind does not work the same, and seeing that I have developed more effective ways to communicate with people.
*The people I work with are very kind, and it's as if I have another family. Working with my co-workers makes the environment fun. *Honestly I don't know that there's anything that's hard about my job.
*I absolutely love people, and working in retail has given me plenty of opportunity to get to know and interact with more people. Sometimes just a friendly smile, and meaningful hello can brighten someones day. To me, that is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Friendly people, occasional appreciation lunches, good break time
Cons
Not many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location