The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,982 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

TJ Maxx provides a Positive Work Environments
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Brooklyn, OHJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: small raises
TJ Maxx is a good company to work for. TJ Maxx provides it's associates with a positive work environment. I have found that management is willing to work with associates to solve any problems associates may have. TJ Maxx overall is like most retail environments, seasons of high stress and high work loads and seasons that are slow. A typical TJ Maxx employee must be able to transition from stocking freight to ringing register to assisting customers many times through out any given day.
Remember Everyone Affects Customers Happiness
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Working at the TjX company has taught me a lot, some days are going to be stressful do to the amount of product received on the truck that morning. The managers are there only to help you but at time you may feel as though your being punished when you get assigned to complete several floor moves within the same shift. the best thing about working for TJX company is the customer you get introduced to so many various people from all over who simply love shopping but love getting deals. "Maxxinsta lifestyle"
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Taunton, MAJanuary 2, 2015
helping and attending customers with their needs to satisfy them on their visit to store. Making sure everything is organized and in place, making everything comfortable and easy for customers to find. Giving our customers the best service we possibly good to guarantee their return! Co- workers will very easy going and fun to work with as well as being helping and giving each other a helping hand when needed !
Work Life
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 1, 2015
Great place to work. Very fun team members. There are also a lot of opportunities to advance within the company.
OK
BAILER (Former Employee), Decatur, GADecember 31, 2014
Pros: great
Cons: great
IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK JOB READY COWORKERS FRINDLY AN SAFE ENVIROMENT
fun place to work
sales (Former Employee), tennesseeDecember 30, 2014
sales, customer care,cash register, ran departments by self. opened and closed the business.
excellent experience & brand!
merchandising/customer service/retail (Former Employee), Toms River, NJDecember 30, 2014
Pros: company culture & discount
Cons: management internal problems
working here was busy, fast paced - enjoyable. great experience.
Sales Assoc (Current Employee), Venice, FLDecember 30, 2014
I have learned several parts of the store, I can be placed in several postitions. Employees are for the most part great and helpful.
TJX COMPANIES
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: close to home and it was an learning experience.
Cons: managers were bias, their were racial issues, non-dependable hours and it was always filthy.
I've learned many things at TJ Maxx from working the cashier to coping with different personalities and stopping theft. Overall I feel that TJ Maxx is for a teenager in school with no responsibilities which I was when I first started. I am out of high school now and in college so I have responsibilities that need to be taken care of that TJ Maxx wasn't paying me enough for.
Fun work atmosphere but lack of job advancement
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great work environment and management, good work-life balance, very flexible
Cons: lack of upward mobility and benefits
This is a job I picked up to make a little money while looking for a management type position kind of similar to what I had before. It's good as a part-time job, but there are very few advancement opportunities within the company. Most people start out at part-time, and many of those are in college when they start out. There are also those who have other jobs, and they work at TJ Maxx part-time for vacation money, because it is an enjoyable place to work and easy money. I just wish it was easier to move up in the company, and that there were more benefits.
Stock, Cashier (Current Employee), Sandusky,ohioDecember 30, 2014
Always work to be done. I like how busy we stay makes the day go by rather quickly. The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting the costumers.
Productive and good place to work with good environment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: good people to work with, good place to shop
Cons: not enough work
An average day would consist of multiple cash for merchandise transactions, as well as always restocking and cleaning up the store. Customers would come to the register I would ring them up fold their clothes or wrap their gift then bag and send them on their way, after look around my area to make sure there is nothing out place.
Bianca
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pinceton, NJDecember 28, 2014
TJ Maxx was one of the worst jobs I've ever had. Management was so bad. i was a cashier doing manger work. Most of my coworkers and I were still in school as well so it wasn't an easy close at night.
productive
Cashier, stock room, floor associate (Former Employee), woodmere ohDecember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short shifts
fasted pace environment, store recovery handed well, even during the busiest seasons
great work environment and excellent faculty
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), miamisburg, OHDecember 25, 2014
Pros: free food brought frequenty, holiday pay
Cons: short breaks, no health benifits
A typical day at work included all day customer service, running cash register and sorting clothing. My co-workers were excellent, always made my job have a great working environment.
It was a fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duluth, GADecember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Hardest part of the job is when the people look at the clothes and they just throw it on the ground and not putting it up where they found it.
VERY FUN COMPANY WHO ALLOWS GROWTH
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GADecember 20, 2014
TJ X COMPANIES ALWAYS PROVIDED A CHANCE FOR GROWTH. THEY ALLOWED YOUR HARDWORK TO SPEAK FOR ITSELF! IF SEEN FIT, THEY ARE ALWAYS PROVIDED YOU WITH A CHANCE TO MOVE IN THE COMPANY AND PROVIDED EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. THIS COMPANY ADJUSTED WELL WITH YOUR PERSONAL SCHEDULE AND I-S AN AWESOME PLACE FOR ANYONE BETWEEN THE AGES 18-22, OR RETIRED. I LOVED WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY, AND LOVED THE MANAGEMENT TEAM.
Not a bad place to work part time
Cashier, Merchandiser, Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: weekly employee appreciation lunches and dinners
Cons: only a 15 minute break for shifts under 6 hours
They were flexible with my schedule and co workers were usually optimistic about the days task thus creating a positive work environment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I really enjoyed working for this company. If they were to hire me full time I would love to become apart of the team here in Columbus, GA.
good place to work while you are in college
head cashier (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 15, 2014
everyone was very nice and i enjoyed making displays of the products.

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. – Read more

The TJX Companies, Inc. Photos