The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,675 reviews matching the search
it is retail!
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 19, 2016
This is a great company to work for, but I need a full-time job to pay my bills. Part-time is just not enough. Co-workers are great. Management staff are great to work for. Workers are appreciated.
Great and organized place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 18, 2016
My experience so far with TJ Maxx has been great. I've learned a lot from the various people I've worked with. I continue to gain knowledge on what it takes to be a better worker. the staff is supportive of me and my work. Great place.
Pros
good breaks, interesting staff, great supervisors
Cons
hours slow down toward the start of the new year
intersting palce to work
Cash Attendant/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2016
I work as a Cash office attendant at time--I love this position. Being responsible for a 8,500 safe. I've worked as a Customer Service Coordinator-I appreciate dealing with the customers and providing direction to the cashiers. My role also includes being a cashier. the hardest part of this job is getting the customers to sign up for our rewards cards. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the customers and seeing them return.
Pros
Satisfaction for a job completed
Cons
dealing with thieves and some staff that do not do thier work
Poor environment, not an encouraging place to work.
Stock, Salesperson, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTMarch 17, 2016
Did not want to go to work because of management and co-workers. Easy job. Management was very hypocritical. Harassment is gotten away with.
Cons
Managment
Accomplished sales goals, within the business
Management / Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMarch 17, 2016
Supervising personnel, and customer service. Accomplished financial goals, within the business. At times the hardest part of this job is dealing with the public. The most enjoyable part is that each day is a new day.
Pros
insurance, 401k
Cons
working nights
Tjx
CSR / Part-time Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 16, 2016
I love where I work . I love engaging with the customers and making sure they are pleased with their shopping experience. I love when management is happy when we have met our credit goal for the month. The hardest part is when you don't have good team players.
Pros
free lunches when we do a great
Cons
short hurs when the business is slow
Management issues
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSMarch 16, 2016
Management is never in agreement on what is correct and what is not correct, so therefore in someones eyes you're always doing something wrong. They will schedule people who do not want to show up to work and call you multiple times a day to cover shift when the person not showing up to work will get more hours than you the next week
Pros
pay grade
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits
Very prodctive company to work for
Coordinator Lead (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMarch 15, 2016
A typical day is very busy, I've learned a lot about time management and the hardest part about my job is running my dept. with not enough help. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting and greeting new customers everyday.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Not having enough help in the dept.
Fun work place
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2016
February 2013 to June 2013

* Mark items with identifying codes such as price, stock, or inventory control codes
* Unload merchandise
* Stock shelves with unpacked items
* Replenish inventory in order to maintain desired level of floor merchandise
Retail
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 15, 2016
People that came in were kind most just browsing. Their were few I would help find things for and some that just nee directions. Management was not the greatest.
Quotas
LP Detective (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 15, 2016
*This review reflects the Atlanta Market

Working for TJ Maxx has been quite stressful. For Loss Prevention, management states that we do not have quotas, but also states that we must have at least 1 shoplifter a week, 4 a month minimum. Overall, the stress just is not worth it
Pros
Paid every Friday
Cons
Quotas, quotas, quotas. Enough said.
Nice Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 14, 2016
A great place to work if you love being around people. Great company morale and management team that will guide you step by step.
Retail company that cares about it's associates and the community
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 14, 2016
TJ Maxx offers the full retail experience. As a manager, you have a high degree of control over merchandising, scheduling, performance management, and customer experience. The majority of your time is on the sales floor as Manager on Duty.
Pros
Flexible schedule, community involvement, work on your feet
Cons
Work-life balance
good
Backroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  normanMarch 14, 2016
The management was very well. things got done and could move up with hard work. i would recommend this job. My co workers all worked together. and everyone was cool to work with
fun place to work
Associate/ cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 13, 2016
I just started working at TJ Maxx on February 23rd of this year so I'm still somewhat in training. I do a lot of things on my own already but they are still expecting me to ask questions in case I still need any help. I plan on becoming a Coordinator here full time in the next few months because of my background as a Manager, but I haven't gotten that far yet. A typical day at work is pretty busy. There is always something to do to keep you busy. There's things that always need to be put away, racks that need to be straightened up. Customers to help. Cashiers are always being called up front to ring up customers or do returns, etc. I learned quite a bit. I know how to work in the fitting room, in the back room just a little where our truck comes in, I worked with jewelry, cashier, etc. The Management team is very nice to everyone working there and just as great with all the customers. My co-workers are very helpful and always say hi and are always friendly. The hardest part of the job for me so far is just trying to figure out how to put the truck order away.
Pros
Free food in the break room.
Cons
not all benefits kick in right away
unique employees and a fun productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2016
Overall, it was a productive and fast paced workplace besides going to fashion school i really got first hand on working in retail and the different qualities it takes to actually make it to management within the company. i wouldn't change working here for the world.
Great and relaxed work enviroment
Cash Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 11, 2016
Each day begins with balancing the safe's cash for accuracy
Each register is filled with the pre-determined amount to begin the day's processing
Now begin the processing of the cash and credit receipts of each register.
checking to ensure that all associates are following company procedures
Pros
flexible work schedule
good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2016
It was a great working experience doing overnight and others opportunity was in company about 4 years got along with my store manager very well and communicate my concerns on a daily .
Pros
bonuses and vacation
Cons
health insurance
Na
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Very successful brand and very profitable operation. I would not hesitate to recommend if you chose a career at TJX
Awesome place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 10, 2016
I love this store the store manager is awesome! The assistant manager is awesome too! They listen to your problems, and are very carrying people and helpful