The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,898 reviews matching the search
The #1 Off-price retailer. A great place to learn and grow
Director of Merchandise Presentation (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 3, 2017
It was a privilege to have worked at TJX. Great place to learn the off-price business. Provided growth and opportunities for me. Solid and financially secure.
Fun place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 29, 2017
A regular day at tj maxx deals with your hours really say yo work a 9-5 you simply unload the truck if your a backroom associate and just try to get all the freight out that comes in
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short breaks
Nice people to work with but not the best management
TJ Maxx (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXMarch 29, 2017
You get to work with nice associates. I've made many friends. You also meet nice customers everyday. Management is not good. Not all managers are bad just more than half aren't good. They don't communicate with each other which cause every manager wanting you to do what they want. They also like to confront you in front of the customers. They make you feel stupid and its embarrassing in front of the customers.
Pros
Nice associates
Cons
Management, Discount
Productive and great place to gain customer service experience.
HomeGoods associate (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 27, 2017
A typical day work at Marshalls and Homegoods is great because you get to engage with the customers. Providing customer service is a great skill to have. The culture is very important because TJX company really cares for its people and that is why I have been part of this team for almost 4 years.
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 26, 2017
Work is very hectic. Busy environment. Managers can be disrespectful at times. They don't show appreciation towards their employees. It was my first job and I learned a lot about keeping customers happy.
Pros
Free parties
Cons
managers are not understanding
Take the job and get paid and run
Mech one (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2017
I started work for this company when it first came to Phoenix. It was a small Warehouse in Tolleson. It was consistent work but very hot there. And it was a temp job for the first 2 years. Was lied to over and over again about being permanent. But I stuck it out. Management was very cool. It was like we were a family. And then we moved into the new warehouse. And things changed. They brought in the Union and ES and it turned into a joke .The turnover is very high , only 2 of us from the beginning where left after 5 years. Management turned into HEADHUNTERS. A place I didn't like working for anymore. You felt like they where out to get you ,always have to watch your back. If you're looking for a short time job. This is the job for you. Good Luck
Pros
A/c
Cons
Headhunters
Allocation Analyst - Home Goods (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 23, 2017
Really invests in its employees and career growth. must be fully committed to being in retail however and travel for buyer. Company is solid financially.
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 22, 2017
I only worked a year but was a good experience. learned a lot about customer service and sales. fun and easy. good hours and good pay. management always worked with my schedule cause I was in school
Professional at the same time friendly work place.
(Marshalls) - Associate (Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2017
Nice place to work with flexible hours and great management. Learned a lot to improve myself while working with big number of people. I like flexible hour which give me to give my best at both place home and work.
Good Place to Work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 20, 2017
Alot of good people in the IT area, such that if I started my own IT company, I would try to steal a significant number of them.

The vast majority of people in the IT area are nice and helpful. There are relatively few jerks.

They "cull the heard" about every two years, even though the business makes tons of money.
Pros
All of US-based IT is in one building.
Cons
The business side has little interest in IT matters.
work hard with no return
Stockroom associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMarch 20, 2017
You could be the best possible work ever and get the job done quicker than expected....and then get your hours cut because it wasn't taking as long to do the work equaling minimal pay checks and harder work that you would then get in trouble for when you didn't complete task in the same timely manner
Nice working environment, interesting merchandise.
Customer service, cashier. (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 13, 2017
Check the cashier number assigned and other task needed, to start moving on . The day was so busy that pass by so fast.The environment and the merchandise made it a very interesting and nice place to work. The team work make me feel compromise and be part of certain task.The hardest part was to keep calm and deal the best way possible with difficult customers.
nice place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  RugbyMarch 13, 2017
I have enjoyed my time working there had good training and colleagues were very nice the only reason why left was a temp position for Christmas only .
Pros
good discounts
Cons
short breaks
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 11, 2017
Friendly atmosphere with productive management team. Flexible hours. Hard working employess dedicated to the job. Great 20% discount for employees and families.
Stressful place to work, poor management
Back Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCMarch 9, 2017
I would go to work clean up the backroom and prepare for the daily shipment. I would then assign my team to designated task to efficiently process shipment. I learned how to operate a backroom warehouse environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the management. I enjoyed teaching and learning something new.
Pros
Holiday diners
Cons
Poor benefits
Temp Job
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 9, 2017
The job was extremely face paced. Worked long hours. The management i did not see much after being hired. The hardest part was keeping up with the face pace and workload.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
productive
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 9, 2017
the typical day at T.J Maxx is dealing with coustmers make sure they are satisfied.
At T.J Maxx ive learned how to properly fold clothes.
Management is sometimes helpful when we are busy.
the hardest part of the job is dealing with costumers complaining.
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Pros
discount
Cons
complaing costumers
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store/Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, WIMarch 7, 2017
Come in 2 hr.s before the store opens get ready for the day. Do payroll for the previous set up the store get the receiving staff set up to receive Monday thu Friday truck. Have a morning huddle before the store opens go over any new business. Open store my concerns are my customers and my associate happiness. Weekly management meets reading weekly sales reports knowing my inventory was coming in making movers accordingly. The most enjoy part is my customers it's not always possible to make them happy but when I can I enjoy it immensely. For my associate I enjoy creating a safe and mutually respectful workplace to learn and grow I think it's a essential for good business.
Unhappy work atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 6, 2017
Managers speak down to associates, They are not respectful. Alot of rank pulling.No job fulfillment.I do not look forward to going to work. Managers behave like they are being bothered when asked to do their tasks, Even opening the door in the mornings seem to be such a hassle for them. They will have you out there for so long waiting on them to let you in.

The only time they smile and act nicely is when there is a visit from corporate employee.
Supervision not required to get job done
Data Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2017
It's all business, not much fun at workplace any more.
Working past a 10 hour work day, but we are expected to get it all done.
We use to have food and parties to celebrate our hard work.
During peak season we have to work lots of hours to get all the work done, we can work up to 14 hours a day on a computer.
That's not physically possible.
Benefits
Cons
Working lots of hours on a computer, Lack of communication between top management and all of our department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval