The TJX Companies Inc

The TJX Companies Inc United States Employee Reviews

TJX Companies
Campus Recruiter (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 9, 2015
TJX is a great culture of people, open door policy. People are willing to help you advance within your career. To guide and coach you to success.
It was good for a first job experience
Zone Manager (Former Employee), Mentor, OHSeptember 29, 2014
I learned a lot of how management had different styles of managing their people and not all of it was very good.
Diverse and fast pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJMay 6, 2014
Pros: friendly family like environment
Cons: pay
A typical day at TJ Maxx consists of greeting and assisting guests, register, recovering the floor, and several other tasks depending on the department I may be working in that day.

I've learned how to move fast, handle strong personalities, team work skills,etc.

Management is excellent. Every employee get's treated equally the same. Communication and the open door policy is great.

My coworkers are like family. Everyone is diverse, friendly, welcoming, and get along very well.

The only hard part about this job is trying to sell credit cards to make sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers to my full ability and putting a smile on their faces.
Not a bad company
Loss Prevention Detective and Investigator (Former Employee), Saugus, MAOctober 16, 2013
Good company to work for, flex hours. Shoppers discount are about the only perks though.
Okay job is you're in high school
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: high schoolers dream job, customer service, cashiering
Cons: no hours, poor management.
Only get scheduled 4-12 hours a week. Minimum wage.
Managers don't care about you.
One manager is sexist if you deny him. (he would make sexual advances to me and other female employees.)
Got most of my customer service history here.
They don't fire people, unless you steal.
Easy job.
If you can deal with the front end supervisor, you can work anywhere.
very fun and worry free
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Stuart, FLAugust 26, 2013
Associates are very friendly and are very helpful to asociates and customers. Very productive always got alot done amd provided good customer service.
Standard job that provides good skill for the future
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 6, 2013
A typical day of meeting and going above the customer and company needs and expectations(ringing, answering customer questions, answering the phone, pushing freight, help co-workers with tasks and questions). I learned patience and strong interpersonal communication skills by being in a customer service environment. I learned the skills of multitasking my duties and learned organizational skills to complete my tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Productive and fun workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Rosedale, NY 11422January 14, 2013
Pros: sale associate discount
Cons: shortbreak, under pay
The TJX is a fun place to work at, the designers clothes and acessories are not the best but you can also find them at a very good price.The satff are very competent and friendly.At TJx i learned to work with people and the hardest part part of the job was the closing time, it's the time where everything have to be put back and prepare the store for the tomorrow.
Needs more support
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Long Island, NYOctober 9, 2012
The day starts at 7am and it's straight to the stock room to bring all the goods out to the sales floor. Most of the items needs to be brought out by 9:30am, because that's when the store opens. It gets overwhelming at times because of the short staffing in the store versus the amount of customers that are in the building. As a manager I have to be stocking, overseeing, and ringing all thru out the day. At times I'm ringing straight 3hours because there isn't anyone else to ring when the line is over 30people long. I've learned to deal with pressure, and make difficult decisions during high traffic hours.
I worked with some great co-workers. They were dedicated and self motivated. We worked motivating each other to ensure we complete tasks and prepare for important visits. We sometimes worked over 30hrs straight to ensure that we're meeting standards and visit ready.
The hardest part of the job was to do everything and completing tasks. We did not have enough staff that we were not able to deligate. We had to finish tasks but was ringing for over 3hours and went back trying to finish tasks. We sometimes needed to stay and use our own time to complete the tasks because we just didn't have enough hands.
The most enjoyable part of the job is I worked with some great managers. The work load was tough but we worked as a team to lighten the load for each other so that we won't be so stressed or frustrated to meet the deadlines. Working with great people makes the job enjoyable.
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: benifits
Clock in work starts from the start, this isn't a bad thing I like this type of work. In any retail feild you have no choice but to learn alot about yourself, which is a good thing. Management at Tj Maxx is not what it should be. Tj Maxx management could be better for instance some attitudes should be left at home. There was not anything that I couldnt handle at Tj Maxx. I love the fact that management is very flexible when it comes to scheduling.
Always dirty.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2012
Pros: .
Cons: .
Worked there temporary and customer's were always unpleasant. Management wasn't the greatest there either. Too busy for the amount of people working.
Review
Cashier/ Cash (Current Employee), North Kingstown, RI Pompano beach, flAugust 6, 2012
I have been with this company for just over two years, and when I decided to move to Florida they graciously assisted me in my transfer. The Pompano store is busier than the previous store I worked in, but it is all teamwork, I enjoy working in the store, I have always done customer service and with that there are different types of that and always a joy to go to work.
A Work Day At TJ Maxx
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCJuly 10, 2012
Pros: random free snacks or meals, fun enviroment
Cons: 15 min break
A typical day at work is finding what area you are working in on the schedule and go to your area and complete the tasks that you are given or to just recover. You can also help out other co-workers if they need any assistance. The most enjoyable moment is the customers, co-workers and managers. Its like we are one big family!
comfortable work environment
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJune 7, 2012
I learned a lot about Investor Realtions and sensativities of a publically traded company.
management is very understanding and accomidating when neccessary.
The hardest part is not having enough to do at some points.
The most enjoyable part is the dress code.
Working with TJx is a good experience for me
QA Analyst (Current Employee), west borough, MAMay 30, 2012
Very interesting and good excitement to learn new things.
Hands on experience with AS400 and MF
Merchandise coordination in various departments, processing and rewrap in the bedding department.As well as cashiering and addressing customer and con
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMay 17, 2012
Pros: brithday acake, lunches and partys from the company
Cons: the customs where ment to theworker
The day was 10 years of retail experience demonstrating a consistent track record of outstanding sales, merchandising and customer service results.Equally strong qualifications in all areas of housewares department operations, merchandising,inventory control , merchandisecoordination, training, loss prevention and functions, effective communicator, leader and problem solver who bMuilds teamwork and possesses the exceed goals,