Quality Control Manager Kitchen Creek Area, CA bold
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the planning, implementation and supervision of the project quality control plan. The Quality Control Manager will assure that all materials, workmanship and construction are in full compliance with the contract, plans and specifications and all applicable building codes and require that defective work or materials to be corrected or removed. The Quality Control Manager will review and approve all submittals and perform daily inspections of the work. Prepare for and lead Preparatory meetings, prepare daily QC reports, monitoring daily progress of project(s), review project safety and implement on site safety policies and procedures for each definable feature of work
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Review company Quality Control Plan and develop a project specific quality control plan which supports contract requirements and proposed quality measures.
- Manage the quality control portion of the project in coordination with the project superintendent.
- Contact suppliers and subcontractors to obtain the required submittals.
- Review and approve all submittals prior to submission to the Government.
- Track submittal from transmittal to the Government to return to Contractor to assure timely approvals of materials.
- Organize and lead the Preparatory meetings for each definable feature of work.
- Perform no less that daily inspections of the work and require any defective work to be removed and obtain and maintain a photo record of the project.
- Perform inventory and product inspections of all materials as they arrive on site.
- Serve as liaison between Contractor and Government QAR Representative.
- Inspect projects during and after construction for structural quality, general safety and conformance to specifications and codes.
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, and construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
- Inspect and monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, and specifications.
- Assist with project estimates, bid packages and schedule preparation and budgets.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Five (5)+ years of construction field experience in the role of Quality Control, Superintendent or Project Manager.
- Completion of OSHA 30 hour required.
- Current completion of First Aid and CPR required.
- Proficient in PC based programs including Microsoft and construction scheduling programs. Must be proficient in the USACE CQS module of RMS.
- Government contracting experience.
- Current COE Contractor Quality Control Certificate.
- A four (4) year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum or a combination of work experience/education equivalent to a four year degree preferred.
- Previous experience on Federal projects as a Quality Control Manager.
- Certification as a building inspector.
- ACI certifications.
- Prior successful military service in either combat arms or military construction/engineering.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including occupational safety and health regulations.
- Ability to communicate both orally and writing with internal and external clients and co-workers.
- Have a thorough and working knowledge of the plans and specifications or project scope of work and Quality Control requirements.
- Proficient in using project and quality management software.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate the work requirements with and various staff and subcontractors.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and work well under stress and maintain deadlines. Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Exhibit an acceptable degree of self-confidence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires working out of doors and driving in extreme heat/cold and possibly rainy weather. Field conditions may prevail. Work locations may be subject to high wind, heavy rains or snow, and temperatures ranging from 45(-) degrees F in the winter to 115(+) degrees F in the summer.
- May supervise additional quality control inspectors.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
Must be able to pass a background check as a condition of employment and have ability to access military installations required. As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening. This position may be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing on an unannounced basis.
Native preference applies pursuant PL93-638. The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Pine Valley, California, United States