The Tile Shop Employee Reviews

Productive work place with people that were enjoyable to work with and knew what was supposed to be done
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed working there, everything that was need to be done was easily comprehendible. If there were problems there was a great support team to help get around the problem. There were many chances for advancements as well.
Pros
Lunch, break time and flexible
Cons
Sometime short staff with big trucks needing to be loaded and unloaded
Commission only
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Commission-based. Company requires a lot of heavy lifting, cleaning, changing floor plan, etc with no reimbursement. Hence, you find employees are disgruntled.
exciting, fast paced sales environment with opportunity for advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MO and Tulsa, OKFebruary 19, 2018
Plenty of opportunity for a good sales person to make a desirable wage. The company really invests in those who shine on the sales floor and offers valuable education for your career development.
Pros
career advancement, fair compensation plans
Cons
long hours, work every Saturday, Stress involved with being Store Manager
All Sales
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 16, 2018
You make a percentage depending what you sold
You have control of what you make depending on shifts
Good environment and management was good
Would recommend
Pros
Good Environment
Good Place to Work
Showroom Sales & Design Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Good place to work. I enjoyed working with the team. The location was in a design district, therefore, the clientele base was limited to contractors and designer, not many walk-in clients.
fun and stressful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2018
the job was fun people were fun to work with but its all commission you do get a base however if you done make your base pay during your pay period you get paid how ever if you make money the following pay period you a minused the money you needed to get to the base period from last time
Tough commission sales environment
Sales & Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 5, 2018
100% Commission.

Earnings are entirely capped by the store traffic which you have no control over so you end up going after the few customers that do walk in. Some people eat, others starve.

Very little ongoing training besides initial hire YouTube videos. This is the only sales job that I have that does not after a training program.

Unfortunate the showroom and selection is industry leading. Had there been more customers coming in, I would have loved the job because I loved the work. I had consistent 5 star ratings from my customers.
Great Coworkers, great pay if you're willing to work for it!
Corporate Customer Service and Web Sales (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 5, 2018
I loved working for The Tile Shop. I wouldn't have resigned if they had a store or office where I was relocated. I was very sad to leave this job - great job security and great pay if you worked hard.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Long shifts
Competitive environment
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Some days are very slow while others can go by very quickly when your involved in a project. While the design aspect of the job is very enjoyable, the cut throat environment is stressful. The culture there felt very sneaky. The hardest part of the job was the demands by the manager to hit goals weekly that at times were impossible without being deceptive to the customer. What I loved most was the design aspect of the job. Helping customers to see the potential in their spaces and making it a reality.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Short breaks, pressure to over sale
Horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Horrible job if you’re applying for a sales job you will only be selling 25% of your time the rest of the time you’ll be moving tiles working in the warehouse also training to operate a forklift and cleaning . And you will be making $12 an hour and you will feel like you’ve been ran over by a truck when you get off work

Want to know more about The Tile Shop?

Ask a question
If you're willing to roll up your sleeves you can learn quite a bit
Sales Associate/Designer (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 16, 2018
Very educational, but at the same time very cut throat. Management encourages bad sales behavior.Talk about the team work, but thinks it ok for sales people to take sales from each other. Bad culture.
Pros
Great tools for learning the industry
Cons
stealing sales is thought to be okay, we've always done it that way attitude
Fun place to work. Beautiful showroom.
Design and Sales (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYJanuary 9, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for The Tile Shop. Fun creative environment with lots of opportunity to sell due to large showroom on a busy street.
Pros
Great group of people, Great product easily sold because of quick turn around and a great return policy.
Cons
Weekends required.
Commission based sales when I was there
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 3, 2018
I worked at Tile Shop for over 3 years. I had a new manager every year. When I advanced to assistant manager, i expected a pay raise, instead I was doing the work of the manager, while still trying to make my sales. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Commission when you made your sales
Cons
Management Turnover
great networking ability
Sales and Design (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Over all I enjoyed my time at this facility. the work was enjoyable but the competitiveness of the work created a stressful environment. It also divided employees and drove many to arguments. the ability to network with contractors was wonderful considering my degree in Interior Design.
Pros
lunch breaks, networking
Cons
poor team leadership, competitivness created a stressfull enviroment.
strong pace
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 30, 2017
This company showed me alot about myself and i grow in me potions
and learn alot about being a manager and being a leader and how to help others. and to become more strong minded
Lied to from the start
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buford, GADecember 21, 2017
Run from this company. Its a bunch of crooks that could care less. I was there and signed up for benefits that never materalized but they did take Three insurance policies out on me that the benificiary would have been the Company!! Horrible Psychotic Store manager and District area manager full of Ego! Bunch of lying evil people.. of course Store managers make 70 grand a year by stealing and firing people so they can get the consultants and associates sales! If your not there all the time other people steal your sales. You have to pay for shirts and business cards.. listen to the negative feedback because we are telling the Truth. Again Run from this company.
Pros
None.
Cons
Cleaning up after slobs and evil people.
Horrendous Experience
Sales Associate/Designer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 19, 2017
It was terrible all around.

No work/life balance at all. You are expected to work 12+ hour days.
Management didn't care if your kids are sick.
Terrible
Pros
Cons
12+ hour days/Short breaks/No hourly pay/No weekends off/
Productive and Fun Place to work
SALES/DESIGN CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 15, 2017
At times you are your own boss and you are able to decide how much you make at the end of each month. You work as a team as well on your own. You can let the creativeness in you come out while working with customers. There are a lot of ways to advance your career as well in house. I'd highly recommend if your looking for a job where there is low risk and high reward come work at the tile shop.
Pros
Health care, work environment
Long Hours
Sales, Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 13, 2017
When I worked at The Tile Shop at the time it was incredibly understaffed as well as the constant turnaround in management. Also chaos from inconsistency with large stone orders
Pros
uncapped commissions
Cons
under staffed
Evolving Corporation
Associate (Former Employee) –  CODecember 10, 2017
Growing pains pulled management in too many directions. Recent restructuring should create more focused and simplified culture. Would return under right circumstances.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Tile Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9