The Toro Company Employee Reviews

horrible
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Windom, MNOctober 15, 2015
This place was nothing but gossip all day long. Not to mention the fact that it is also always dirty and the line never stopped until your hands bleed.
Fun place to work and learn
BI Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 4, 2015
Its a great place to work and learn. Management is good!
Great work life balance and company provide good benefits.
Team collaboration is good and people are very helpful. Over all good work culture.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WISeptember 8, 2015
Co-workers were always about team-work and helping each other when time permits even if it was not part of their work description. Pleasant environment. Supervisors related to employees on a very personal level, yet they kept it professional as well.
Pros
Team players
Irrigation Division for the Toro Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 17, 2015
I worked directly for the Chief Financial Controller or (CFO) within the company. The staff in Finance was a smaller group and they were wonderful to work with during my time with the company. The company eventually downsized and my position within the Finance Group was no longer needed once a new CFO came on board.
Pros
Good people to work with and good benefits
Cons
Change to management and downsizing
Toro is a good place to work
Computer Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WIMay 11, 2015
It has been a good place to work with the whole job and life balance and benefits. Toro has a good work environment. The management and other associates are good to work with. I am 1 of 2 computer people cover multiple building and over 800 associates. We work with the other Toro Locations and Corporate to get the right mix of controls and productivity. There is a LEAN environment at Toro with Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost emphasized in that order.
Good company 100yrs old
SR. IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 6, 2015
In at 6:15a.m. and out at 4p.m. High expectations for performance and delivery. Very rewarding in many ways. The culture is difficult to work within for change.
Pros
summer hours
Cons
old culture
Minnesota nice.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 21, 2015
It was fun to work at while I was there, but the work ran out before I was done, even stretching it out. Not a whole lot of training for what I did.
A productive work place that will be sure to challenge you
Genesys Works Intern (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNApril 1, 2015
I really enjoyed my stay at this company. there was never a second that went by where I didn't have anything to do. this place always kept me busy with a new and challenging tasks, this place will help you progress your skills. And the work environment is lovely with a group of interesting people that will always make you feel welcome.
Fun work place with great team building atmosphere
Quality Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 16, 2015
The environment was one that made it so people would work hard, not just for themselves, but for their co-workers as well. There was a strong team first atmosphere where people worked together to achieve the same goal.
Pros
interesting products, relaxed atmosphere, excellent cafeteria
Loved working there!
Engineering Change Management (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 7, 2015
I worked at Toro as a contract worker in their Engineering Change Management group back several years ago and it was a great place to work. I was compensated well and treated fairly for my contracted work. The contract lasted for the duration of the time I was told it would. I enjoyed the opportunity to learn there and the people were fun, positive, quality minded and hard working.

I would again consider working for this company. I can only say good things about the company because that was my experience there - Very Good!
trouble shoot circuit boards, de-solder the components, solder the components.
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, caAugust 2, 2014
trouble shoot circuit boards, de-solder the components that went bad, solder new components onto the board. program radio frequency, check the radio frequency.
Excellent firm with great culture
Sr. Pr. Electrical Test Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 1, 2014
I have worked at TORO for 20 years and it's been a great place to learn and grow in my current career.
fast paced and physically demanding
Primary Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 16, 2014
a typical day at work involves preparing orders, hand stacking large rolls of irrigation hoses ranging from 20-45 pounds in weight, preparing scrap to be shipped off, and preparing orders on individual pallets.

here you will learn team work, operating forklifts, pallet wrappers, shipping systems, pulling orders, physical strain.

management... always pushing to get the most out of you... then some more

co-workers are your consolidation since the job is tough, your buddies

hardest part would be working in 100+ degree weather while its physically demanding

most enjoyable part of the job is that you will get in shape
Pros
plenty of over time
Cons
hardly ever leave on time
Toro was a great company to work for
ADMIN Asst - INVESTOR RELATIONS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Burnsville MinnesotaMay 22, 2014
I worked with investors making travel plans for visits working with Thomson Ruerter. I loved making travel plans and writing reports on investor visits and supporting management
Pros
working with different people around the country
Very good work life balance and job security
Product Manager - Landscape contractor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 11, 2014
Management is very conservative and due to very little turnover, promotions come very slowly. The company rarely takes risk but that is also why they seldom have layoffs. 1/2 days on Friday in the summer are nice and they treat their employees well overall. If you are looking for an aggessive or stimulating company, they are not for you.
Pros
summer hours, cafeteria, product sales
Cons
average benefits, not the most exciting company to work for.
Great company to start a career
Temporary Position Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Very professional work environment, excellent co-workers
Overall Good Company
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 27, 2014
Toro is a well-respected company with a good culture, but they are very behind the times when it comes to benefits, job flexibility, and advancement.
Pros
good culture, caring managers and co-workers
Cons
very rigid structure with many "silos". lack of advancement opportunities.
Customer Focused
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 23, 2013
The Toro Company is very customer focused, creative and loyal to the people it serves.
Great culture where you can grow and learn with friendly management
Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 30, 2013
I learned and gained a lot of experience in term of development and team up with professionals. Was great opportunity where I experienced how corporate operates and how all functions in the company work together to reach its goal.
Great company to work with
Mechanical Engineering Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 27, 2013
The Toro Company provided me with the freedom and responsibilities I needed in the 2 years I have been with them to develop and strengthen my skills as a Mechanical Engineer.
Pros
treated as a valuable team member, flexible schedule, great mentors, good location.
Cons
below average pay, occasional lack of guidance/direction