The Toro Company Employee Reviews

Worked at Boss Snow Plow, easy and rewarding.
At Boss Plows (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MINovember 10, 2017
Great place to work if you are willing to work! Friendliest and most resourceful Human Resources Team ever! Unionized enviornment with fair fringe benefits but lots of all you can eat lunches and donuts and still have not seen generosity ever like that!
Pros
Free lunches, awesome coworkers, laid back supervisors
Cons
No advancement, low pay for welding, not climate controlled
Fast paced, very involved company... very proud facility
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIOctober 28, 2017
I worked at Toro for over 3 years. It was a very fast paced job in assembly. The employees all have a lot of pride in their work even if they tend to complain about the little things. I was very impressed with everyone's ability to thrive like a family. People would tend to help each other out and push each other to get better. The work could be stressful at times but we always found ways to make the day fly by and ease the stresses of the workday. Management always tried to find ways to improve the flow and also people's morale. I am very proud to say I was an employee there.
Pros
Cafe, great benefits, plenty of time with family in summer.
Cons
Stressful at times, inconsitent work hours.
Weird mix of good and evil
Lead Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 15, 2017
A lot of great folks, but strategically-placed morons and cut-throat wannabes soured the mix. Toro hasn't yet stepped into the 21st century, and is on a long, slow death march. Stay away.
Toro
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 9, 2017
My time was spent working on multiple projects. Gained lots of valuable intern experience. Great work environment and people to work with. Would recommend.
Good overall
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Toro is a stable company that has a solid reputation. However, the organization has a hard time changing with the times. Technology is outdated along with processes, and there is a strict rule against telecommuting which is an expected benefit in many large companies today. The pay is fair and I work with a great group of people. The teams are very lean and many people are overworked. However, if you do a poor job you will get rewarded by having your responsibilities piled onto someone else while you keep the same title and pay.
Pleasant
Welder (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIJuly 8, 2017
It was very very pleasant place to do my internship if I had a question I knew I could ask anyone. I was very pleased to work with everyone there even the managers were helping me out if I needed it.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Internship
Toro Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 6, 2017
Besides the job culture that is a little old school, the toro company is a good company to work for. The job work and life balance is good. The company has room to grow, but its getting there.
Customs Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 19, 2017
Loved the company, culture and co-workers. HR should review the practices of the GTC department but overall a great company that provides room for growth, and is pro-continuing education.
Pros
Growth and continuing education oppurtunites
Cons
GTC department mamager
Good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 2, 2017
Great company to work for and great people. I will recommend if you like to grow within the company. The toro company is a great way to gain experience as well
Great co-worker support
Value Stream/Assembly Lead (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNMay 25, 2017
The culture within Toro is very much focused in helping one another succeed in one another's tasks. When extra challenges are faced, most of the personnel are willing to accommodate for your needs.
Was a fun place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIFebruary 1, 2017
Even though I only worked here for a couple months, I really loved my job!!! As a temp, u are only allowed to work from the end of March til the end of October. At which time they go threw the hiring process. Only part of that that sucked was they dont usually hire that many people. Favoritism did seem to play a part in who was hired!!! The work was relatively easy and somewhat fast paced. U definately stay in shape due to all the walking involved in certain positions, approximately10-15miles a day,which I enjoyed!! I look forward to returning in the spring!!!!
Pros
Nice lunchroom, clean facility, lots of overtime, friendly people who are willing to help u with any questions or concerns!!
Cons
As a temp, u have to work a mid-shift &those hrs leave no time for much of a life outside of work.
Great place to work , enjoyed the schedule, and people.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the company. Everyone on my shift including my supervisor, was very welcoming and always made to ask if i needed anything.
Pros
Perfect schedule.
Cons
None.
This is an evil company who literally treats their employees like slaves.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNNovember 3, 2016
For the past 30 years my mom has been discriminated against countless times, not to mention my dad being assaulted by his supervisor almost regularly.
Pros
Nothing. They don't care about you at all.
Cons
Unjust, American sweatshop that practices unlawful acts daily
Okay for certain parts of the company
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington MNOctober 19, 2015
Like most places, job satisfaction varies depending on your direct supervisor. Toro has several long term employees who need guidance on best practices and management of groups.
horrible
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Windom, MNOctober 15, 2015
This place was nothing but gossip all day long. Not to mention the fact that it is also always dirty and the line never stopped until your hands bleed.
Fun place to work and learn
BI Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 4, 2015
Its a great place to work and learn. Management is good!
Great work life balance and company provide good benefits.
Team collaboration is good and people are very helpful. Over all good work culture.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WISeptember 8, 2015
Co-workers were always about team-work and helping each other when time permits even if it was not part of their work description. Pleasant environment. Supervisors related to employees on a very personal level, yet they kept it professional as well.
Pros
Team players
Irrigation Division for the Toro Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 17, 2015
I worked directly for the Chief Financial Controller or (CFO) within the company. The staff in Finance was a smaller group and they were wonderful to work with during my time with the company. The company eventually downsized and my position within the Finance Group was no longer needed once a new CFO came on board.
Pros
Good people to work with and good benefits
Cons
Change to management and downsizing
Toro is a good place to work
Computer Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WIMay 11, 2015
It has been a good place to work with the whole job and life balance and benefits. Toro has a good work environment. The management and other associates are good to work with. I am 1 of 2 computer people cover multiple building and over 800 associates. We work with the other Toro Locations and Corporate to get the right mix of controls and productivity. There is a LEAN environment at Toro with Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost emphasized in that order.
Good company 100yrs old
SR. IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 6, 2015
In at 6:15a.m. and out at 4p.m. High expectations for performance and delivery. Very rewarding in many ways. The culture is difficult to work within for change.
Pros
summer hours
Cons
old culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Toro Company. Our community is ready to answer.