The Toro Company

The Toro Company Employer Reviews

trouble shoot circuit boards, de-solder the components, solder the components.
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Riverside, caAugust 2, 2014
trouble shoot circuit boards, de-solder the components that went bad, solder new components onto the board. program radio frequency, check the radio frequency.
Excellent firm with great culture
Sr. Pr. Electrical Test Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 1, 2014
I have worked at TORO for 20 years and it's been a great place to learn and grow in my current career.
fast paced and physically demanding
Primary Truck Driver (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: plenty of over time
Cons: hardly ever leave on time
a typical day at work involves preparing orders, hand stacking large rolls of irrigation hoses ranging from 20-45 pounds in weight, preparing scrap to be shipped off, and preparing orders on individual pallets.

here you will learn team work, operating forklifts, pallet wrappers, shipping systems, pulling orders, physical strain.

management... always – more... pushing to get the most out of you... then some more

co-workers are your consolidation since the job is tough, your buddies

hardest part would be working in 100+ degree weather while its physically demanding

most enjoyable part of the job is that you will get in shape – less
Toro was a great company to work for
ADMIN Asst - INVESTOR RELATIONS DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Burnsville MinnesotaMay 22, 2014
Pros: working with different people around the country
I worked with investors making travel plans for visits working with Thomson Ruerter. I loved making travel plans and writing reports on investor visits and supporting management
Very good work life balance and job security
Product Manager - Landscape contractor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 11, 2014
Pros: summer hours, cafeteria, product sales
Cons: average benefits, not the most exciting company to work for.
Management is very conservative and due to very little turnover, promotions come very slowly. The company rarely takes risk but that is also why they seldom have layoffs. 1/2 days on Friday in the summer are nice and they treat their employees well overall. If you are looking for an aggessive or stimulating company, they are not for you.
Great company to start a career
Temporary Position Customer Service (Former Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Very professional work environment, excellent co-workers
Overall Good Company
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good culture, caring managers and co-workers
Cons: very rigid structure with many "silos". lack of advancement opportunities.
Toro is a well-respected company with a good culture, but they are very behind the times when it comes to benefits, job flexibility, and advancement.
Customer Focused
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 23, 2013
The Toro Company is very customer focused, creative and loyal to the people it serves.
Great culture where you can grow and learn with friendly management
Intern (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 30, 2013
I learned and gained a lot of experience in term of development and team up with professionals. Was great opportunity where I experienced how corporate operates and how all functions in the company work together to reach its goal.
Great company to work with
Mechanical Engineering Design Intern (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 27, 2013
Pros: treated as a valuable team member, flexible schedule, great mentors, good location.
Cons: below average pay, occasional lack of guidance/direction
The Toro Company provided me with the freedom and responsibilities I needed in the 2 years I have been with them to develop and strengthen my skills as a Mechanical Engineer.
Good company
Dealer Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 27, 2013
Pros: easy position, priamarily over phones
Cons: short term assignment while in college
spoke to dealers for Toro about parts they needed to order. Easy position, placed orders over phones
Those who can DO and those who can't MANAGE
Assembler (Former Employee), Tomah, WIJuly 11, 2013
Pros: great dental insurance
Cons: management can't do the assemblers work, but they expect the assemblers to work extremely fast with no mistakes 10 hours a day.
I was part of a mass lay off at the Tomah, WI plant. I got a letter that said if we weren't back to work by April 24th of 2010 we were done. When I went in on April 20th to reapply I heard them calling people back to work. I was second in line on the call back list, but they called people from the bottom of the call back list to start after April 24th. – more... Thanks for screwing us out of a job.. Oh and when the President of the United States declared us a National Disaster Area after the massive flooding in our area in 2008 Toro gave everyone that missed work an incident, which is a blemish on your work record. Kinda hard to get to work when the roads are closed by the Sheriff's Department due to flooding. My boss was so stupid she wanted to know if you really need a frame in order to build a unit. I told her we could put the parts in a box and put a sticker on the box saying "Some assembly required'. Then she wanted to know if parts get painted before or after they're welded. She had no clue as to who the people were that worked on her lines. I have no clue as to how she was a line supervisor. I was told I should go to school to take the Supervisory Management class. Since I didn't get called back after the lay off I was left with student loans. Thanks so much Toro. Oh and I do apply for the Supervisors jobs as they come up to which I get the "Thanks, but no thanks" letters. I hear Toro in CA is a great place to work, but Toro in Tomah, WI sucks.. At one of the last line meetings before we got laid off one of the women asked if we would be going back to the line we came off from since she had to make babysitting arrangement for a 10 hour work day. Jim (The Big Boss) told her that she was welcome to not come back to work if she felt that way.. Wow she tried to make a balance from her kids so she could work and that's the thanks Toro gave to her. – less
Fun group of people
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: good corporate support when needed.
Cons: some large egos roaming the hallways, that hold the company back from moving forward, and experiencing larger successes.
After 19 years; I can undoubtedly say that I climbed the ladders available to me. I met some great people along the way. I had my personal views and was able to make myself heard amongst the group. Good solid company. But when it came time to go out on a limb for me; they dropped me without an evaluation. Select the facility you work at. Larger is better. – more... The smaller facilities have a real problem moving forward and create their own reel of red tape. But still a good company to work for. – less
NA
NA (Former Employee), Honoeye NYJuly 9, 2013
Only worked for them while they took over the company I had worked 22 years for.
Great people
International Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 15, 2012
Pros: employees are given shares in the company, making them part owners.
At the Toro Company the culture, people and values all combine to make you feel comfortable and respected.

As part of the international division and had a very good experience meeting colleagues from all over the world - all of who were proud to work for Toro.
good company if you can go to work and not get caught up in politics
Assembly, Facilitator, E Coat Tech (Former Employee), Tomah, WISeptember 6, 2012
a lot of negativity and definate favortism room for advancement and still a lot of good people and supervisors some of the management team left something to be desired
Great company to work for. Very strong brand
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJuly 4, 2012
Pros: bonus
Cons: travel
Lots of travel! Travel to distributors in 7 states which covered around 12 states. Worked with distributor Sales Manager reviewing progress to goals and taking take of any problems that they might have. Then traveled with distributor territory managers calling on dealers and taking care of any situation that needed address.

Sales trends- management- – more... building relationship- how to do business plans and set realistic goals- how to get sales people motivated and work towards goals.

Management was great and knew how to get me motivate.

Co worker were very professional and could get the job done. They really enjoyed selling the Toro brand.

The travel and long hours. Don't take me wrong I really enjoyed traveling.

Selling such a strong brand. The pay was good ! – less
Did not like that type of work
assembler (Former Employee), Windom, MNJune 27, 2012
the assembly job was not for me and there were to many layoffs
Real people with real lives
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 4, 2012
This is one of the best employment experiences I've had. People are there to do excellent work and encourage your excellence as well. My department was very flexible with personal time, start-stop times and break times. Come in when you say you'll be there, work hard and accomplish the business goals of your department and get out of there and back – more... to your real life.

Company incentivizes professional education and volunteerism and facilitates cross-departmental transfers—a woman working in accounting was getting her degree in technical writing and was allowed to intern with the Technical Publications Dept.

The hardest part of the job was working with the engineering dept's information systems. (Yes, plural.) There were several database systems that were interconnected and overlapping and you just had to learn what to find where. The approach was to implement incrementally, which is not a bad approach at all, but things did not seem to be taken the final step and polished into an integrated whole. It was a bunch of cobbled together scripts, databases, and basic UI design. However, at the end of the day, it got the job done and I couldn't do half as well.

I recommend this employer highly. – less