The Toro Company Employee Reviews

Was a fun place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIFebruary 1, 2017
Even though I only worked here for a couple months, I really loved my job!!! As a temp, u are only allowed to work from the end of March til the end of October. At which time they go threw the hiring process. Only part of that that sucked was they dont usually hire that many people. Favoritism did seem to play a part in who was hired!!! The work was relatively easy and somewhat fast paced. U definately stay in shape due to all the walking involved in certain positions, approximately10-15miles a day,which I enjoyed!! I look forward to returning in the spring!!!!
Pros
Nice lunchroom, clean facility, lots of overtime, friendly people who are willing to help u with any questions or concerns!!
Cons
As a temp, u have to work a mid-shift &those hrs leave no time for much of a life outside of work.
This is an evil company who literally treats their employees like slaves.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNNovember 3, 2016
For the past 30 years my mom has been discriminated against countless times, not to mention my dad being assaulted by his supervisor almost regularly.
Pros
Nothing. They don't care about you at all.
Cons
Unjust, American sweatshop that practices unlawful acts daily
Great place to work , enjoyed the schedule, and people.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the company. Everyone on my shift including my supervisor, was very welcoming and always made to ask if i needed anything.
Pros
Perfect schedule.
Cons
None.
Fun place to work and learn
BI Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 4, 2015
Its a great place to work and learn. Management is good!
Great work life balance and company provide good benefits.
Team collaboration is good and people are very helpful. Over all good work culture.
Very good work life balance and job security
Product Manager - Landscape contractor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 11, 2014
Management is very conservative and due to very little turnover, promotions come very slowly. The company rarely takes risk but that is also why they seldom have layoffs. 1/2 days on Friday in the summer are nice and they treat their employees well overall. If you are looking for an aggessive or stimulating company, they are not for you.
Pros
Summer hours, cafeteria, product sales
Cons
average benefits, not the most exciting company to work for.
Great company to work for. Very strong brand
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 4, 2012
Lots of travel! Travel to distributors in 7 states which covered around 12 states. Worked with distributor Sales Manager reviewing progress to goals and taking take of any problems that they might have. Then traveled with distributor territory managers calling on dealers and taking care of any situation that needed address.

Sales trends- management- building relationship- how to do business plans and set realistic goals- how to get sales people motivated and work towards goals.

Management was great and knew how to get me motivate.

Co worker were very professional and could get the job done. They really enjoyed selling the Toro brand.

The travel and long hours. Don't take me wrong I really enjoyed traveling.

Selling such a strong brand. The pay was good !
Pros
bonus
Cons
travel
Irrigation Division for the Toro Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 17, 2015
I worked directly for the Chief Financial Controller or (CFO) within the company. The staff in Finance was a smaller group and they were wonderful to work with during my time with the company. The company eventually downsized and my position within the Finance Group was no longer needed once a new CFO came on board.
Pros
Good people to work with and good benefits
Cons
Change to management and downsizing
Toro is a good place to work
Computer Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WIMay 11, 2015
It has been a good place to work with the whole job and life balance and benefits. Toro has a good work environment. The management and other associates are good to work with. I am 1 of 2 computer people cover multiple building and over 800 associates. We work with the other Toro Locations and Corporate to get the right mix of controls and productivity. There is a LEAN environment at Toro with Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost emphasized in that order.
Overall Good Company
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 27, 2014
Toro is a well-respected company with a good culture, but they are very behind the times when it comes to benefits, job flexibility, and advancement.
Pros
Good culture, caring managers and co-workers
Cons
Very rigid structure with many "silos". Lack of advancement opportunities.
fast paced and physically demanding
Primary Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 16, 2014
a typical day at work involves preparing orders, hand stacking large rolls of irrigation hoses ranging from 20-45 pounds in weight, preparing scrap to be shipped off, and preparing orders on individual pallets.

here you will learn team work, operating forklifts, pallet wrappers, shipping systems, pulling orders, physical strain.

management... always pushing to get the most out of you... then some more

co-workers are your consolidation since the job is tough, your buddies

hardest part would be working in 100+ degree weather while its physically demanding

most enjoyable part of the job is that you will get in shape
Pros
plenty of over time
Cons
hardly ever leave on time
good company if you can go to work and not get caught up in politics
Assembly, Facilitator, E Coat Tech (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WISeptember 6, 2012
a lot of negativity and definate favortism room for advancement and still a lot of good people and supervisors some of the management team left something to be desired
Loved working there!
Engineering Change Management (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 7, 2015
I worked at Toro as a contract worker in their Engineering Change Management group back several years ago and it was a great place to work. I was compensated well and treated fairly for my contracted work. The contract lasted for the duration of the time I was told it would. I enjoyed the opportunity to learn there and the people were fun, positive, quality minded and hard working.

I would again consider working for this company. I can only say good things about the company because that was my experience there - Very Good!
Fun work place with great team building atmosphere
Quality Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 16, 2015
The environment was one that made it so people would work hard, not just for themselves, but for their co-workers as well. There was a strong team first atmosphere where people worked together to achieve the same goal.
Pros
Interesting products, relaxed atmosphere, excellent cafeteria
Real people with real lives
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 4, 2012
This is one of the best employment experiences I've had. People are there to do excellent work and encourage your excellence as well. My department was very flexible with personal time, start-stop times and break times. Come in when you say you'll be there, work hard and accomplish the business goals of your department and get out of there and back to your real life.

Company incentivizes professional education and volunteerism and facilitates cross-departmental transfers—a woman working in accounting was getting her degree in technical writing and was allowed to intern with the Technical Publications Dept.

The hardest part of the job was working with the engineering dept's information systems. (Yes, plural.) There were several database systems that were interconnected and overlapping and you just had to learn what to find where. The approach was to implement incrementally, which is not a bad approach at all, but things did not seem to be taken the final step and polished into an integrated whole. It was a bunch of cobbled together scripts, databases, and basic UI design. However, at the end of the day, it got the job done and I couldn't do half as well.

I recommend this employer highly.
Fun group of people
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 9, 2013
After 19 years; I can undoubtedly say that I climbed the ladders available to me. I met some great people along the way. I had my personal views and was able to make myself heard amongst the group. Good solid company. But when it came time to go out on a limb for me; they dropped me without an evaluation. Select the facility you work at. Larger is better. The smaller facilities have a real problem moving forward and create their own reel of red tape. But still a good company to work for.
Pros
Good Corporate support when needed.
Cons
Some large egos roaming the hallways, that hold the company back from moving forward, and experiencing larger successes.
Great people
International Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 15, 2012
At the Toro Company the culture, people and values all combine to make you feel comfortable and respected.

As part of the international division and had a very good experience meeting colleagues from all over the world - all of who were proud to work for Toro.
Pros
employees are given shares in the company, making them part owners.
Good company 100yrs old
SR. IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 6, 2015
In at 6:15a.m. and out at 4p.m. High expectations for performance and delivery. Very rewarding in many ways. The culture is difficult to work within for change.
Pros
summer hours
Cons
old culture
Toro was a great company to work for
ADMIN Asst - INVESTOR RELATIONS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Burnsville MinnesotaMay 22, 2014
I worked with investors making travel plans for visits working with Thomson Ruerter. I loved making travel plans and writing reports on investor visits and supporting management
Pros
Working with different people around the country
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WISeptember 8, 2015
Co-workers were always about team-work and helping each other when time permits even if it was not part of their work description. Pleasant environment. Supervisors related to employees on a very personal level, yet they kept it professional as well.
Pros
Team players
Excellent firm with great culture
Sr. Pr. Electrical Test Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 1, 2014
I have worked at TORO for 20 years and it's been a great place to learn and grow in my current career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Toro Company. Our community is ready to answer.