Location: New York City. However The Trade Desk’s other offices may be an option
Primary: New York City
Secondary: Ventura, CA
Experience: Mid- Level
Functions: Data analysis across online media. Some media trading and optimization
Industries: Online Advertising, Internet, Marketing & Advertising
Compensation: Competitive compensation + Commission
Overview: The Trade Desk is an advertising technology platform headquartered in Ventura, CA with offices in New York City, Boulder, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London and Germany. We’re a friendly, cohesive team of software engineers, business development professionals, account managers and media buyers that work with a relaxed intensity.
What does The Trade Desk do? We help advertisers and ad agencies buy digital advertising: video, display, social and mobile, all in one platform. We buy online media more efficiently than anyone by using massive amounts of data, superior valuation algorithms, machine learning technology, and media savvy. We’re bringing a level of sophistication to online advertising that has only been seen in the financial markets. And we have a rock-solid background in the industry; our CEO, Jeff Green, founded AdECN, the first online ad exchange, which sold to Microsoft in 2007.
Our East Coast headquarters are based in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, a growing hub for ad tech. What does the team here do away from their desks? Rock climbing and karaoke, among other activities, while taking advantage of the best restaurants in NYC.
Who Are We Looking For?
We’re looking to build out our analytics team to mine massive amounts of data for actionable insights to better inform the trading strategies we’re employing today. We want individuals that love crunching data, are extremely intellectually curious, and know their way around a statistical model. These individuals will work closely with our internal traders to use data to help our clients to continue to find success with our platform, with projects ranging from tuning our optimization algorithms to generating white papers for distribution to clients.
In short, a data analysis whiz. You love big data, learning new technology and software, and mining through data to identify actionable insights - all to help our clients boost performance.
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Become an expert on optimization algorithms and best practices for The Trade Desk platform
- Combine data analysis and client feedback to create optimization strategies and provide solutions for campaigns
- Determine new and innovative ways to improve our existing trading strategies
- Present strategic insights and recommendations to the trading and senior management teams
- Analyze and problem solve platform optimization issues leveraging big data sets
- Become a thought leader in digital media optimization and algorithms
- Perform research projects analyzing platform-wide data to generate white papers distributed periodically to key clients
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Familiarity with quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., clustering, regression analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, knowledge of relational databases, SQL, or R/Python a huge plus
- Ability to draw insights from extremely large datasets with minimal support
- Ability to thrive in a small, intense, and high growth start-up environment
- A quantitatively focused degree (statistics, econ, cs, mathematics)
- 2-3 years of experience
Absolutely NO PHONE CALLS regarding this position.
Please, no recruiters. Also, we are not seeking contractors. This is a full-time position.