The Trust for Public Land

The Trust for Public Land Employer Reviews

Everyone needs to be able to live within walking distance of a park/greenspace
Office Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2013
Pros: my manager and staff were wonderful colleagues to work with
Cons: the recession affected the company and they had to close 13 offices and had layoffs
I worked for The Trust for Public Land for 4 1/2 years and it was an organization that believed every person should live within a 2 mile radius of a park/greenspace. I felt was a very profound and sensible cause. What I enjoyed most about this job was being the point of contact with vendors and contractors. I conducted all administrative and office managerial business for my office and staff. The staff truly relied on my expertise and professionalism.
Great work environment in our immediate office. Open to creative process and supportive. Dog friendly.
Project Manager II (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: no set daily routine; outside environment and able to travel to great natural locations.
Cons: limited financial resources; poor managment from home office.
Loved this job because could be outdoors a lot. The work was awesome and very rewarding. Immediate management was great but home office was out of touch with locations outside of its locale. Too much micro-management from home office due to the fact that it was not making an effort to identify with other parts of the country and we were definitely not its priority. Determining who should stay and who should go during the lay-offs, which I fell victim to, was not researched nor executed very well. More productive workers were let go while underachievers were kept on and this was apparent and against well-known best business practices. Opportunity to move up was not really an option due to the fact that lesser producing employees were able to stay and languish in their positions although not meeting their job requirements. Nonetheless, I would work for this company again because I am very good at it and I enjoy it and that takes precedent over any negative issues.
Conserves land for people and endangered species.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 27, 2011
Great place to work. Great visiting the project sites and learning new things.