The Trust for Public Land Employee Reviews in United States

Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
research experience, flexible, interactive, working for a good course
Independent Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
research experience, flexible, interactive, working for a good course
in places people care about.
they evaluate parks for upgrades and to create neighborhood park where Americans live.
the park evaluation will create a data that will make sure children have easy access to a safe place to play in nature.
Everyone needs to be able to live within walking distance of a park/greenspace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2013
I worked for The Trust for Public Land for 4 1/2 years and it was an organization that believed every person should live within a 2 mile radius of a park/greenspace. I felt was a very profound and sensible cause. What I enjoyed most about this job was being the point of contact with vendors and contractors. I conducted all administrative and office managerial business for my office and staff. The staff truly relied on my expertise and professionalism.
Pros
my manager and staff were wonderful colleagues to work with
Cons
the recession affected the company and they had to close 13 offices and had layoffs
Great work environment in our immediate office. Open to creative process and supportive. Dog friendly.
Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 20, 2013
Loved this job because could be outdoors a lot. The work was awesome and very rewarding. Immediate management was great but home office was out of touch with locations outside of its locale. Too much micro-management from home office due to the fact that it was not making an effort to identify with other parts of the country and we were definitely not its priority. Determining who should stay and who should go during the lay-offs, which I fell victim to, was not researched nor executed very well. More productive workers were let go while underachievers were kept on and this was apparent and against well-known best business practices. Opportunity to move up was not really an option due to the fact that lesser producing employees were able to stay and languish in their positions although not meeting their job requirements. Nonetheless, I would work for this company again because I am very good at it and I enjoy it and that takes precedent over any negative issues.
Pros
no set daily routine; outside environment and able to travel to great natural locations.
Cons
limited financial resources; poor managment from home office.
Fantastic organization with a great mission.
Senior Legislative Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2012
Typical day invovles reaching our to member of Congress to convey organizations policy/appropriation objectives and working with project staff to develop competitive federal funding proposals. Relationship building is key to the success in this position. Best part of the job is creating new outdoor recreation opportunities for the public to enjoy and preserving our nation's most important places. Hardest part of the job is dealing with many factors that are beyond your control.
Pros
fast-paced work environment, but low stress
Cons
federal funding is difficult to come by
Conserves land for people and endangered species.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 27, 2011
Great place to work. Great visiting the project sites and learning new things.

Want to know more about The Trust for Public Land?

Ask a question