The Tutoring Center Employee Reviews

Good Position if you are inbetween jobs
Classroom Tutor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CADecember 8, 2017
Easy job that does not require too much thinking. Similar to most tutoring jobs but easier because they have their own system they implement. Most enjoyable part was working with the young students.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
not a sustainable place to work
Fun Place to work at
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, DEOctober 2, 2017
If you love kids and plan on perusing a career in education, then this is the place for you. The staff is very kind and they always work as a team. The biggest down side are he hours. not too many vacation slots open and the work hours/schedule can be a bit awkward and inconvenient at times.
Pros
Get to work with kids
Cons
not the best pay
Fast paced, but short hours, fun and rewarding part-time job
Head Tutor/Key holder (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FL 32550September 19, 2017
Loved it so much. I will never forget the Tutoring Center and I wish I didn't have to quit. If I'm lucky enough to find a job like this somewhere else then I will live a very happy existence.
Pros
so rewarding, good pay
Cons
not enough hours
fun learning environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 6, 2017
fun learning environment. great manger and co workers. Learned a lot about tutoring and teaching students k-12 and college prep SAT/ACT. I learned and students learned.
Relaxed
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 11, 2017
The one I worked for was wonderful until it closed down. Management is kind, helpful, and relaxed. Scheduling is organized and consistent. Coworkers are nice and cooperative.
Pros
great people
Cons
low hours, no benefits
Positive Work Environment; Great Coworkers; Opportunity to Make a Difference
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 8, 2017
If you are looking for part-time work, working for TTC is awesome!

Overwhelmingly positive work environment. Most days I look forward to work!

Staff and management are friendly.

Great business model.

Opportunity to have a positive impact on individuals, communities, and the world.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEJune 17, 2017
Warm, educational facility that truly cares for students of different backgrounds and skill levels. This organization is willing to teach students in whatever way they learn best.
Center Dirctor
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJune 12, 2017
Great place to work. Very structure and everyone here is willing to help. You have to love the students and want to help them to become successful. A fun workplace culture and you learn to interact with students and find ways to help them love. A typical day at work would be greeting students, help them from their binder and reward them for their work.
Pros
short hours
Strong Educational Resource
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2017
The learning center provides a simulated classroom envionrment for students seeking to improve their performance in school. It is a great place to work part-time.
Enjoyment every day
Co-Owner and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 13, 2017
Enjoyed being part of such the greatest gift of all, Our children's continuing education through mentoring and other educational avenues.
Nice environment, friendly staff
ACT Tutor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 11, 2017
The Tutoring Center is a great place to work. The staff is friendly, and the schedule is flexible for tutors. The management is also very easy to work with.
Good place to advance in if you are interested in the corporate world
Director's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
Good place to advance in if you are interested in the corporate world.
Was able to assist all of those in the office and learn the skills of most of the positions and use communication constantly.
Love the kids.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 5, 2015
I love tutoring all the kids we get. Some of my co-workers could be nicer to our students, after all their parents pay us to tutor them and treat them nice. Nothing is really hard about this job. We sit for the entire 4 hours.
Pros
Always sitting
Cons
not enough hours
Very fun place to work
Math/Writing/Reading Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 1, 2014
The Tutoring Center located in Lumpkin Plaza on Nelson Road in Lake Charles, LA is a very fun place to work. The manager and her husband are two the nicest people around. I already had a background as a big brother and volunteer with kids, so this job was right up my alley. You get to work one-on-one with kids and see the light go on in their heads!
Pros
Better compensation than expected, great people, very organized
Cons
No ACT prep (yet)
A fun, positive, service-oriented business culture
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work includes fielding calls from potential customers, networking activities, maintaining student records, monitoring the tutoring sessions, debriefing daily with staff and center cleanup.
Every day I learn more about myself and about various businesses as I network. I am management and my style is collegial. My co-workers are great! They are loyal, dedicated and truly care for the students. The hardest part of the job for me is the marketing piece. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the students and parents.
Pros
Great part time job!
Cons
Part time job
Program-oriented supplemental education for all students
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 8, 2014
Tutoring the children is definitely rewarding, observing the programs in place for each student as they progress is at best amazing, and feeling the small team environment is next to having a family at work; however, this is a part time job. Do not expect benefits or compensation for extra work alongside tutoring like cleaning the center.
Rewarding work, but little compensation or opportunity.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJune 9, 2013
I worked at The Tutoring Center for six months, and while it was a good learning experience, I ultimately felt stifled. The most difficult part of my job was unruly kids, but they were also what made the job so rewarding. I could tangibly see that I was making a difference for the kids I worked with. However, there are definite drawbacks to the structure.

It's an after-school tutoring program only open Monday through Thursday, so at most a regular instructor can expect to work four hours a day, four days a week. 16 hours a week, at $9 an hour? This is not only not in any way a livable wage, but the work day (3-7pm) prevents you from taking on another job in either the day time or evening. There is little opportunity for advancement, as there is only one head instructor per center.

Pros
short work day, rewarding
Cons
not enough hours, low pay rate
Productive and fun workplace with a Toy Store.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIMarch 30, 2013
The typical day at work involves tutoring anywhere from 3 to 8 students (Pre-K through 12th grade) an hour in reading, writing, and/or math. The work day is typically 3-4 hours long. My co-workers are a great bunch to work with, and since we have such diverse backgrounds we are rarely caught off-guard with difficult concepts that we are trying to reinforce. The Center Director and Head Instructor are great people to work for. The most challenging part of any workday is working with the occasionally disruptive student or dealing with an unhappy parent. I have learned different strategies for dealing with these problems and have learned quite a bit about how the school system here works. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students who were behind in school either catch completely up or make great strides towards doing better in school.
Pros
working with a wide variety of students.
Cons
occasional disruptive student.
Tutoring center with guaranteed results!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALFebruary 21, 2013
The program is more than valuable here as books are provided, improvement is guaranteed, procedure is efficient, and prices are affordable. Being a tutor here, I've seen for myself students getting better in reading, math, or writing, whether they have special needs or not. Gaps are filled, foundations are made, and development is strengthened. You can't ask for a better place.
Pros
great team, surety of the program
Cons
part-time
Fun and laid-back environment with basketball hoop in the back
Manager & Head Instructor (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILJanuary 14, 2013
A typical work day at The Tutoring Center only lasts a few hours in the afternoon/evening of Monday-Thursday (occasional Fridays). Our sessions last for one hour with the first beginning at either 3:30 or 4:30 (depending on student attendance) and the last session ending at 7:30. There was only one time I had to stay later for an extra half-hour to help a student with a few math problems. My co-workers are all very helpful and my boss is amazing. She's very easy-going, accommodating and flexible when it comes to scheduling. The only downside to that is that there can be times when she will need you on short notice.

This job can be frustrating at times, but is also very rewarding. There aren't really many boring days at The Tutoring Center. The kids definitely keep things interesting, which is one of the things I really enjoy about working here along with the fact that this job has a big social aspect. You're constantly communicating with your junior clients. It's a much more enjoyable alternative to being in an office setting. We even let the kids shoot some hoops after the sessions to earn more rewards! I also really like working on the material with the kids. It keeps me on my toes mentally and after almost three years here, I'm still learning new things!

This job is perfect for college students because you can go to school and then go to work for a few hours with time left over for homework. Plus, you don't have to work weekends very often (if ever) so you get to have a social life. The hourly pay is good, but as I mentioned above, there aren't a lot of hours, which is
  more... the only real downside to this job.  less