The Umstead Hotel and Spa Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work, my direct manager was a nightmare.
Server, Bartender in the Bar & Lounge (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 17, 2014
Great environment to work. Each department is very different though. The bar and lounge can be high stress. The Bar Manager was the only negative aspect of working there. There is a lot of potential to make money if you are willing to put in the work.

One of the highest paying jobs for a server or bartender in the Raleigh area. Benefits are also very good.
Pros
employee cafeteria, co-workers
Cons
insane micro-management from certain managers, physically demanding job.
Excelent Training
Houseman,Housekeeping Supervisor, engeneering (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 13, 2015
Is a 5 Star Hotel, excelent place to work, general manager wonderfull persone, nice co-worker, excelent mecical plan and cover
Pros
free lunch, uniform clean and ready every day, good salary.
Cons
no Cons
Great job for guest interaction and learn about the hospitality business
Front Office Reception Agent/Concierge/Bellman (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 6, 2013
From the beginning to the end of the shift, my job was about guest satisfaction. A typical day included checking in travelers, informing them about the surrounding area, and making them feel at home. Since I grew up in the area, I had a working knowledge of the great restaurants and attractions within 20 minutes driving distance. Working with my co-workers was easily the best part of my job. Getting to know each individual through my eight hour shift was rewarding because of the amount of personality differences among the employees. The hardest part of my job was meeting all guests' needs. The wide variety of complaints I received kept me on my toes in terms of how to please everybody. The first year I was employed, I was offered a promotion to Assistant Front Office Manager. Due to the fact that I was still full-time at North Carolina State University, I politely declined because of time restraints. Even though I turned the promotion down once, I was offered it once again each following summer.
Pros
great work environment, free lunch provided, uniforms provided.
Cons
pay rate
hospitality work
Food runner/bar and lounge attendant (Former Employee) –  cary,ncMay 20, 2013
great place to work,hospitality goals,competitive departments.

4.6