The United Methodist Church Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Safe and friendly enviornment.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 19, 2014
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. A typical day at work included processing communication between other departments on behalf of at and the direction of the boss; to include paper mail and email. Scheduling of office and speaking engagements to include making lodging and other USA travel arrangements and international travel arrangements. Reconciling travel expenses for reimbursement with the General Church. Filing to e-file system. I learned to keep up to date on all aspects of the job. The management is excellent but the boss was required to travel frequently so had know what I could handle and needed to be decided by the boss. My co-workers were great but depended heavily on my past work experience. The most challenging part of the job was getting one major task accomplished and then moving on to the next major task with little down time. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a great boss and being appreciated on a regular basis.
Religious Organization
Senior HR Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville TNOctober 14, 2014
Religious Organization - Global

Project Management - coordination with IT, vendors/consultants, Executive team and Payroll on policy updates, system upgrades and implementation of new policies and procedures
Productive workplace and fun work place
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Southwestern CollegeJanuary 18, 2014
I tutored fellow undergraduate students in the following courses:
Organic chemistry 1 General Chemistry 1
Organic chemistry 2 General chemistry 2
Biochemistry Calculus
College Algebra Biology

I instructed and guided fellow undergraduate students in laboratory work in the following courses:
Organic Chemistry 1 General Chemistry 1
Organic Chemistry 2 General Chemistry 2

I constructed, audited and maintained the chemical inventory for the Chemistry Department
I assisted in the Hazard and Safety Department in chemical handling and precautions.
This is an excellent institution to work in and for. The support work staff and student and help fulfill the objective of the institution to educate global citizens.
Pros
excellent administration, excellent working environment, excellent diversity, excellent state of the art resources
Cons
n/a
A Calling
Lead Pastor (Former Employee) –  Sneedville, TNOctober 9, 2013
Not a job but a calling. One must be servant-oriented and submitted to authority in order to fill the pulpit in a United Methodist Church. That was an easy task because I love the people with whom I served.
Pros
leadership; community development; relationship building
Cons
mobility with placement