Marketing Administrator & Sales Coordinator
Reports to: General Manager
Department: Safety Neighborhood Ambassador Program
Hours: Weekdays 9 AM – 5 PM
Travel: Local Travel only
Salary Range: $13.45 Hourly plus Commission
Employee Status: Hourly (non exempt)
Benefits: Two weeks’ vacation for the first five years, medical and dental benefits on the first of the month following 90 days of employment, 11 paid Holidays and 1 paid floating holiday, Life and AD&D, Voluntary 403(b) retirement plan.
The Marketing Administrator & Sales Coordinator is a key position at Peralta Service Corporation (PSC). The incumbent will help PSC gain new contracts for the Safety Neighborhood Ambassador Program (SNAP) program and General Business Services in the East Bay. A successful candidate will have experience creating marketing and advertising materials, small event management coordination, and a high level of organization. The successful applicant will be a go-getter who is comfortable working with merchants and business owners in the Fruitvale as part of a focused PSC team. Ideally, the incumbent will be a bilingual Spanish-English speaker and writer.
PSC is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit corporation committed to enriching the quality of life of families primarily in Oakland and Berkeley BIDs. Its mission has been to create a healthier and safer community by helping families and individuals build wealth and assets through comprehensive programs of sustainable economic, social, and neighborhood development.
- Marketing efforts create a positive brand and reputation of the Fruitvale Business District.
- New business development, selling PSC services to prospective clients
- Support and help coordinate special events by advertising, including advance publicity, invitations, signage, collateral promotional materials, and follow-up communications.
- Create and communicate the SNAP program to merchants and business owners, profiling products and services available.
- Promote individual Fruitvale businesses on Yelp and other community board Internet outlets.
- Create contact information post cards, to hand out to visitors for specific amenities (e.g. Mexican Restaurants, Cell Phone Stores, Religious Institutions, etc.)
- Support Fruitvale Business Owners to create brochures, flyers, advertisements, posters, banners, promotional items, newsletters and other marketing materials.
- Write, edit, and proofread copy for SNAP promotions including printed materials, web pages, print advertising, catalog/handbook ads, catalog/handbook descriptions, professional and trade association articles, and calendar announcements.
- Oversee posting of Fruitvale Business District workshop flyers and posters on kiosks and bulletin boards.
- Coordinate all aspects of the quarterly calendar and flyers from creation to production and distribution, including both print and online versions.
- Evaluate opportunities and create submissions, as appropriate, for new and existing free and paid advertising opportunities, including calendar entries, publications, web site links or listings.
- Develop branded marketing campaigns for new and existing initiatives as needed, including comprehensive marketing plans, logos, taglines, branded print collateral, promotional items, and original marketing copy to help promote the Fruitvale Business District.
- Help promote and gain new contracts for the PSC SNAP program and General Service Contracts, throughout the East Bay with other Business Improvement Districts.
- Coordinate other administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor or management.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities
- Minimum 2 years work experience in marketing businesses
- Knowledge of business systems and project administration procedures
- Must have Inside/Outside B2B sales experience in developing and bringing in new business accounts
- Administrative support experience (e.g. office manager, executive assistant, etc.)
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills (writing sample required), prefer experience in the development of program related materials including advertisements, brochures, fliers, and calendars
- Exceptional organizational skills with high level of attention to detail
- Office management bookkeeping ability (invoice and timesheet processing, petty cash)
- Computer literate with working knowledge of word processing ,spreadsheet and desktop publishing programs
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience in working with diverse populations
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Application Mail cover letter and resume to:
The Unity Council
Attention: Human Resources
1900 Fruitvale Avenue, Suite 2A
Oakland, CA 94601
E-mail Reply to Post
In your cover letter, identify the source of this job announcement, list familiarity with computer applications, and your salary requirement. Your application will not be considered if these prerequisites are not answered.
Because of the volume of anticipated responses, only those applicants who meet the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Peralta Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Indeed - 12 months ago