The University of Akron Employee Reviews

Excellent
Audio Systems Director (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 6, 2017
Audio systems designa as a student assistant assistant for the dept of Elec Engineering. Excellent job that was converted to a staff job when I left. Long time ago.
Ok
Assistant Vice President for Student Success (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 4, 2017
The University of Alabama is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States, and the flagship of the University of Alabama System. Founded in 1820, UA is the oldest and largest of the public universities in Alabama.
Great people, poor business and budget management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 28, 2017
Very few advancement opportunities. Many managers hired from outside with little chance for existing employees to advance.
Politics were worse at this public institution than any private company I have worked for.
Enjoyed any of the people there. great group of employees, not including much of the management.
Resident Advisor
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 22, 2017
Overall if you are planning on continuing your career in the department of residence life and housing then this is the job for you. You must be high energy and be able to work with various people from various backgrounds.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 14, 2017
I would rate the University of Akron a 9 out of 10. I gave this university this rating because they are an well organized university and pay attention needs and dreams. They also try and make those dreams become a reality.
Secretary
Secretary - Office of International Programs (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 13, 2017
Entry of admission applications via PeopleSoft, notifying applicants of status, addressing inquiries from prospective international students. Assisting other staff as needed (i.e., Academic Advisor and Immigration staff). Communication with campus departments concerning international student requirements and status.
Pros
Learning about other cultures from international students.
Cons
None.
Poor management, over-worked/under-paid
Administrative Secretary, APTC (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Poor management, over-worked/under-paid, Director was unethical and created a hostile work environment. When complaints were made against her, nothing was done to correct the problems.
Assistant
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 29, 2017
A typical day at the University consisted of assisting students, professors, and administrative assistants. I posted class cancellations and assisted with scheduling.
Fun Place to work.
Volunteer Football & Track and Field Coach (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 16, 2017
Great Opportunity to get work experience. Love the employers there, they are willing to help your out. Have great majors for students and great sports program.
Pros
Traveling, Winning MAC Championships
Cons
Job Openings
Good Place to work at
Assistant Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 10, 2017
This is generally a good place to work. The pay is not great but the people are good. The work life balance is good. Your job security is at best at mid level.
Excellent
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 18, 2017
Working at The University of Akron has provided me with an excellent opportunity to further myself as a young professional. The multifaceted care team approach is truly the best in the Mid American Conference.
Very friendly enviroment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 28, 2017
The University of Akron can be a nice place to work for graduate students. It has a friendly and helping teacher-student relationship, especially the mechanical engineering department.
Great place to work with a great boss.
Student Assistant- Chemical Stockroom (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 22, 2017
I was a student worker and for three and a half years and I enjoyed my bosses and the work environment. It was a well balanced, organized job and office.
Great place
Human Resource Information Systems Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 22, 2017
This place was a great place to work. I was a student when I worked there and they always accommodated my work scheduled based on when my classes were with no issues
Really relaxing and fun job
New Student Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 20, 2017
It's very fun to work with these people. I don't feel like it's a job. The employees are super friendly and the students and parents are are joy to talk to.
Pros
Free lunches, free housing
Cons
I don't get to live at home
interaticing with a variety of people
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioJune 16, 2017
A usual day at work would include interacting with old and new visitor, college students and college faculty. This definitely taught me that everyone requires a different approach. In other words, dedicated customer service. They had a friendly work culture which allows you to ease out on superior subordinate communication, in turn, building a friendly work culture.
Pros
Paid part of my education fees
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 20, 2017
Hi,I would like to share my review here in a short format. The engineering building is not very new and needs to be renovated. The advisors and students are generally kind.
State Job!
Office and IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 18, 2017
Great place to work for if you can get on full time. Otherwise, you are considered part-time, temporary, and have to get renewed every year. Regardless, it's still a great place to work that's full of awesome people.
Enjoy working in higher education
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 5, 2017
I am looking for a part-time position because I am retiring from the University of Akron with 27 years of experience. The position and the university is awesome place to be.
Pros
Free tuition, great vacation and sick leave accrual and health benefits
Cons
I dont have anything to say
good university
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 4, 2017
It is very good institution. This University provides me a lot of opportunity for improving my career in both teaching as well as research. It is really a very good place to learn a lot of things.