The University of Chicago Hospitals

The University of Chicago Hospitals Employer Reviews

Admissions Representative
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), IllinoisJune 25, 2014
Pros: professional atmosphere
Cons: no support from managers
A typical day was a busy day.
I learned various accounting procedures.
Management was non-supportive and non-genuine.
Co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the needs of patients.
Fun
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), ChicagpJune 24, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: pay scale
I have enjoy my experience at the college. I would recommed this palce for anyone looking for a great employer
The University of Chicago Medical Center was a good place to work with a great deal of exposure to new things
Outpatient Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2014
university of chicago
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2014
this is a wonderful job to be at but there is always someone thats out to get you no matter how well you do your work there will be a lot of stress when working at this instituion there is never a dull moment in your work shift prepare for lots of work and lots of people fighting for your postion
Great staff
Epic Radiant Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, IlMay 28, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: wish i could stay longer
Great staff wealth of knowledge. UCMC is large and I learned a lot about a large healthcare setting.
Good place for people who want to pursue academic career
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: very academically-oriented; could be cons for those who want to go to industry
As a postdoctoral researcher, the main duty of working here is to do the research, write papers, develop or discover new techniques. People here are talented, easy to communicate with. To work here as a scientist requires a solid background of knowledge and skills.
fast paced with high volume work flow
Business Rep/Precert Specialist (Current Employee), Chicag, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: fast paced, closely working with patients, nurses, doctors and administrators to get surgeries approved and patient's seen
Cons: no room for growth
typical work day: Working at the University of Chicago Hospital is fast paced. Working in the Surgery Verification Department allows me to work closely with the Insurance companies, Nurses and Doctors. Assisting the patients with any questions related to their coverage/costs and regarding approvals for their surgeries. The hardest part of my job: is – more... telling the patients their surgery isn't going to be covered by their insurance.
Most enjoyable part of my job: is informing the patient the insurance company issues were resolved and they can proceed with the surgery scheduled. – less
Work environment
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2014
I love working at the University of Chicago Medical Center in the Department of General Internal Medicine. My co-workers are diverse, you learn from all cultures and walks of life. We have many opportunities to engage with one another and grow bonds.
Constant changes on a daily basis
Clinic (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 10, 2014
Pros: in our department we are a family
Cons: the flexibility in our schedules
Steady pace and/or flow of patients; we are Radiology
I am always learning new billing information i.e. IDPA, Medicare with their switch with Obama Care
It can become overwhelming some days i.e. the ordering of x-rays, MRS's, CT's
I am glad that I work with people that are willing to wokr and be helpful to others
The numerous intellectual personalities I encountered regularly.
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 25, 2014
Pros: a good learning experience.
Cons: none.
The University of Chicago Medical Center allowed me to work in an area where I have extensive experience and it gave me access to some very scholarly characters and I was able to exchange ideas as well as learn many new ones from them. I also appreciated the atmosphere of professionalism there. There were no real drawbacks aside from the ones that go – more... along with working in healthcare. – less
University of Chicago Hospitals
Hardware/Software Specialist Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 11, 2014
Face pace working environment,there is no micro-management this is not recommended for entry-level workers.
great place
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2014
I enjoyed my time there. was only completing my clinicals. very clean and respectable teaching hospital.
University Of Chicago Medical Center
Administration Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 5, 2014
This is a wonderful place to work. I have also been a patient here and would recommend their care to anyone.
Good place to work and have a career
Radiology Coordinator Patient Access (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2014
Pros: yes, free lunches, great healthcare benefits, and retirement plans, vacation and sick time availability
Cons: no benefits, whether retirement, healthcare and vacation and sick time.
A typical day at work, because I work midnights and the EPIC system is established all of my work is on computer and the nights are smooth and quiet.

What I have learned: To manage my time and work. Attendance at work is very important and being on time, customer service, team work, how to smile at all times even while communicating on the phone. I – more... have learned how to work well, supporting, offering suggestions, and making myself available to management and my co-workers. I enjoy team work.

Haradest part of any job is when management doesn't support good and excellent workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my work performance. I stay consistant with every days work duties. Performing to the best. – less
Productive professional enviornment
Student Intern (Former Employee), Chiacgo, ILMarch 26, 2014
I was a student interning here for surgical technology shadowing Surgical technologist who show me everything I need to do for my professional job.
Having the opportunity to meet some good people.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2014
My typical day consist of knowing how to balance my work assignment. And alse being ablel to be available to help out in other department of the hospital.

I learned how to order supplies within the company oracle data system, verify and purchasing.

Management also done a excellent job with the training. Being able to put me in a situation to grasp – more... the job task at hand.

Really had the opportunity to work with some great people. And learn from them in the process.

My hardest part was working the night shift. And working for a temp agency.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to learn somethings about medical supplies, devices And the importance of needing these medical supplies and devices. – less
University of Chicago Medical Center is one of America Top Medical Center
Obstetric Surgical Technologist / OB Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2014
It was never a typical day at work. I learned how to produce High quality work in a high volume environment. My most enjoyable part of the jobs was interacting with the patients, easing the anxiety establishing a rapport and getting to know them and their hiSTORY!
Excellent Job Culture
Project Assistant IV - Human Resources (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2014
The University of Chicago is a great place to work in that it comes with a campus filled with diversity, and a broad educational focus.
Able to work without management looking over your shoulders
Outpatient Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: able to wear jeans on fridays.
A typical day at work would be looking over my report. Making sure my follow ups are being worked on a timely matter. I have learned how important it is in making sure patients are well taken care of. Management is good always there when you need them. My co-workers are great to work with. I like the team work we create in helping one another. Telling – more... patients they are not able to come here for treatment due to insurance issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is able to wear jeans on Friday and the get together's we be having. – less
Always enjoyed working with my co-workers
Environmental Services Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: i'm a people person i love being able to talk to the patients
A typical day at work for me was being a Lead..assisting in the Emergency Room and also doing my schedule area in X-ray. I was responsible for opening and closing shift. Distribute supplies and radios. I was also the run around person...with the help of the other lead.

I learned how to be how to resolve issues and/or complaints
with my coworkers, patients, – more... and patient visitors.

My managers were awesome...we got along great and they taught me how to me a team leader. The also taught me the roles of a Supervisor. I was a relief Supervisor on days they were off site.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being a team player. I was always willing to help my employees when they were overwhelmed.

Working as a Housekeeper at the University was a pleasure and a great learning experience. – less

1 2 3 4 5