The University of Chicago Hospitals Employee Reviews

University of Chicago
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Social Worker role

• Provided support to the patient & multidisciplinary team on the care unit
• Helped the process of facilitating care to patients by updating the unit admissions & discharges and maintaining the unit census
• Maintained patient records and files & conduct data entry
Great place to learn
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
I was employed at the University of Chicago Medical Center for 10 years. Training for your position is great. Co-workers are a lot of funny to work with. There is a high upper management turnover. I was fortunate enough to have work with so great managers that was very supportive and willing to train staff.
Pros
Great teaching institution
Cons
It hard to advance once in an entry level position
Community minded
Chemotherapy Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
a strong presence in the community shining through to its employees
rotating first and second shift hours and every other weekend
rotating shift managers
Great blend of culture
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2017
University of Chicago Hospital has a great blend of culture throughout the workplace. This broad blend leaves plenty of room for growth and understanding.
Good place to work as student
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2017
Opportunities working there as a student are second to none. Working with such brilliant minded people is something that every single individual, be them academically minded or not, should take advantage of. It can change your life.
Excellent and fun place to work
Operations Manager, Primary Care Group (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2017
Great organization. Good cultural fit for most people. Great place to grow professionally. Offers good benefits including tuition reimbursement. Great location.
Pros
Easy access to downtown. Great benefits and great system
Cons
highly unionized
productive
RN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2017
as a teaching hospital, you are surrounded by a host of experts and incoming MDs that make it a great growth and learning environment. most enjoyable part of my job was the application of evidence based solutions to practice.
Pros
wonderful learning environment
Cons
niothing
Great learning enviornment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2017
Being in an urban community you are shown how to be effective as possible while treating patients with care. Some days you have patients that are very ill by that being said some come take their frustration out on staff. Being a staff member we are the first face they see and if our demeanor comes off incorrectly they have judged the entire institution. It is very diverse and the management some are better than others. The hardest part is physician personalities some are easy and friendly to work with and others are just do what is asked or required. The easiest part is being a team player my co-workers are the best
positive diversified work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  chicago, IllinoisAugust 13, 2017
I worked in the children's hospital. I learned that it is important for children to have a distraction like playing while they are in the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see the children have fun and laugh.
A productive and enjoyable place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2017
A typical work day that I experienced was busy,enjoyabe and patient focus centered.
The work place cultures are very diverse and employees are great to work with.
Pros
Warm and caring health care environment.
Was very nice
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed the people that I worked with. Management changed over a lot while I was there. Great learning opportunities. Lots of exciting research while I was there.
Best of the best
Administrative Coordinator-General Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2017
Typical day was working in the GOR, with team of doctors and nurses. Learned how to order supplies in a timely manner. Management was very helpful. Workplace culture was filled with a lot of positive energy. The hardest part was getting lost on campus, when I first arrived. The most enjoyable part was meeting and working with Michelle Obama, before she became the first lady of the United States.
Excellent job seminars
EVS/Surgical Cleaner of O.R (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2017
Sanitized and disinfected clinical and non clinical hospital areas.Conducted case cleaning and terminal cleaning.Responsible for transporting patient and vital tisse specimens to assigned locations.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
Not many team players
Good benefits, stressful work environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
The workplace culture is very intense and you need to watch your back because there is a lot of talk/gossip. Also, there is a lot of pressure to excel at performance but you may not receive proper training to excel at your job.
benefits
Cons
high stress ; minimal support from management
Honest Opinion
OR Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
I believe this institution is a great place to work, the morale and values are centered around quality patient care and safety for patients and staff.
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT/PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for this organization. The people were always nice and always willing to help patients and others. They had wonderful benefits for employees. Great place to work.
houekeeps need better work enviorment
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
It's a good place to work for pay. It's a union job, and you have someone to help with employee's rights. The management team can be hard sometimes because they have to do their job.
Pros
the employess are union represenated
Cons
The biding out
Great resume booster
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, ILJuly 19, 2017
Could be a great opportunity if leaders in your department are willing to invest in you. Hospital culture varies from department to department, but overall, this hospital expects perfection and doesn't know how to prioritize work for non-clinical staff
Pros
Free flu shots
Cons
No growth. No training.
Fast paced and exciting.
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2017
Great for those who come alive under pressure. If you can rise to the various occasions the shift demands,and like a challenge, then this is the place to be.
Great Environment
PSC (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2017
A typical day at the Forefront of Medicine is very exciting and awesome. You learn something new every day. I work with a excellent group of Doctors and Nursing Staff. Management is GREAT. My Directors and Managers are great with staff. They interact well with us and try to be fair in scheduling and etc. There isn't nothing I can say bad or negative about the workplace. The University of Chicago is definitely a great place to work and to learn.