The University of Chicago Hospitals

The University of Chicago Hospitals Employer Reviews

University of Chicago Hospitals
Hardware/Software Specialist Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 11, 2014
Face pace working environment,there is no micro-management this is not recommended for entry-level workers.
great place
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2014
I enjoyed my time there. was only completing my clinicals. very clean and respectable teaching hospital.
University Of Chicago Medical Center
Administration Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 5, 2014
This is a wonderful place to work. I have also been a patient here and would recommend their care to anyone.
Good place to work and have a career
Radiology Coordinator Patient Access (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2014
Pros: yes, free lunches, great healthcare benefits, and retirement plans, vacation and sick time availability
Cons: no benefits, whether retirement, healthcare and vacation and sick time.
A typical day at work, because I work midnights and the EPIC system is established all of my work is on computer and the nights are smooth and quiet.

What I have learned: To manage my time and work. Attendance at work is very important and being on time, customer service, team work, how to smile at all times even while communicating on the phone. I – more... have learned how to work well, supporting, offering suggestions, and making myself available to management and my co-workers. I enjoy team work.

Haradest part of any job is when management doesn't support good and excellent workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my work performance. I stay consistant with every days work duties. Performing to the best. – less
Productive professional enviornment
Student Intern (Former Employee), Chiacgo, ILMarch 26, 2014
I was a student interning here for surgical technology shadowing Surgical technologist who show me everything I need to do for my professional job.
Having the opportunity to meet some good people.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2014
My typical day consist of knowing how to balance my work assignment. And alse being ablel to be available to help out in other department of the hospital.

I learned how to order supplies within the company oracle data system, verify and purchasing.

Management also done a excellent job with the training. Being able to put me in a situation to grasp – more... the job task at hand.

Really had the opportunity to work with some great people. And learn from them in the process.

My hardest part was working the night shift. And working for a temp agency.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to learn somethings about medical supplies, devices And the importance of needing these medical supplies and devices. – less
University of Chicago Medical Center is one of America Top Medical Center
Obstetric Surgical Technologist / OB Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2014
It was never a typical day at work. I learned how to produce High quality work in a high volume environment. My most enjoyable part of the jobs was interacting with the patients, easing the anxiety establishing a rapport and getting to know them and their hiSTORY!
Excellent Job Culture
Project Assistant IV - Human Resources (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2014
The University of Chicago is a great place to work in that it comes with a campus filled with diversity, and a broad educational focus.
Able to work without management looking over your shoulders
Outpatient Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: able to wear jeans on fridays.
A typical day at work would be looking over my report. Making sure my follow ups are being worked on a timely matter. I have learned how important it is in making sure patients are well taken care of. Management is good always there when you need them. My co-workers are great to work with. I like the team work we create in helping one another. Telling – more... patients they are not able to come here for treatment due to insurance issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is able to wear jeans on Friday and the get together's we be having. – less
Always enjoyed working with my co-workers
Environmental Services Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: i'm a people person i love being able to talk to the patients
A typical day at work for me was being a Lead..assisting in the Emergency Room and also doing my schedule area in X-ray. I was responsible for opening and closing shift. Distribute supplies and radios. I was also the run around person...with the help of the other lead.

I learned how to be how to resolve issues and/or complaints
with my coworkers, patients, – more... and patient visitors.

My managers were awesome...we got along great and they taught me how to me a team leader. The also taught me the roles of a Supervisor. I was a relief Supervisor on days they were off site.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being a team player. I was always willing to help my employees when they were overwhelmed.

Working as a Housekeeper at the University was a pleasure and a great learning experience. – less
Excellent Place to work
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful learning experience.
Cons: no potential growth in the department
UCMC DCAM department is a fast pace department that is an overall great place to work. The business fast pace teaches you how to become fast and efficient in you field. Wonderful learning and work environment.
University Environment
Living Donor Liver/Kidney Transplant Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: patient contact, education, autonomy
Cons: long commute
Patient coordination and education for Liver Donor and Kidney Donor transplant.
Patient coordination and Education for Hepatobiliary Surgery
Outreach for Liver Surgery and Liver Transplant
Clinic responsibilities on Tuesday and Thursday
Hospital RN education for staff nurses
This was a unique clinic setting with very little downtime.
Clinic Coordinator - Orthopedic Surgery (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2014
The clinic is staffed with 13 surgeons and 2 nurse practitioners who see a complex mixture of patients on a daily basis. The surgeons have their own sub-specialty, i.e. sports medicine, upper extremities, oncology and etc.

The nurse practitioners have dedicated days in which a knee injection clinic was established to help surgeons concentrate on seeing – more... patient whose care requires unique specialization. The clinic also had a support staff comprised of administrative clerical assistants, medical assistants and cast room technicians as well as a fully staffed radiology department, physical and occupational therapy department. – less
g
environmental service tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed every bit of working for this company. Managers don't hassell you, they let you do your job with limited supervision which is great.
Great hospital! Great people!
Patient Transportation/Equip Dist Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2014
Great place to work! Treat their employees with respect and compensate generously. Opportunity for advancement!
Excellent Learning Facility
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2014
The University of Chicago Medical Center provided me with an excellent opportunity to learn and grow within my field. I cannot say enough to praise the staff and the work environment.
Busy urban in-patient hospital setting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), ChicagoDecember 15, 2013
As a new nurse who defined her nurse skills on cardiac step down unit, I looked forward to learning new advancements in medicine.
Summary
Project Management Team Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2013
Pros: challenging
Cons: no room for growth
• Direct, coach and mentor activities for architects, engineers, contractors, university facilities, plant department and environmental Services for assigned operations.
• Project management lead for technology, development, and laboratory project initiatives within interiors real estate portfolio.
• Manage schedule and optimize planning for various – more... project budgets, vendor contracts, RFP and bidding process.
• Coordinate the planning and budgeting for projects with multiple funding sources.
• Direct and coordinate the initiation of contracts with architectural, engineering firms, construction management firms and general contractors for compliance with contract specifications, terms and conditions.
• Evaluate records and report systems and make or recommend for capital improvements.
• Saved $6,000,000 in construction value engineered cost for various business sites.
• Lead and collaborate with clients on research projects from inception to completion. – less
Productive fun place
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: they lose many accounts
I secured the company facility it was a very productive job.
Working With In And Out Patients
Volunteer Radiology (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hour breaks
I really enjoyed my time there from learning and working with new people and learning about the different parts in the body that I've never learned in high school in my science class and how they can effect somebody life. I had some days that gave me a hard time and had me slump over at the end of the day, we had forty five in coming patients one day – more... and I was just starting that week, I was like oh my god this going to be a long day and I just had to laugh it off and get to work. It felt like time was moving slow and my manager started to teach me new thing instead of me just starting there and making sure every patient was in the right area. My manager started teaching me how to ship medicine over the hospital through in these tubs and so my manger gave me these codes that I had to memorize so that I can ship the tubs over to other radiology areas etc. Overall they treated me like family, I had fun helping people in need of help, escorting them where they needed to be etc, just some good days. – less