The University of Chicago Hospitals Employee Reviews

Great side job
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2017
Worked the evening shift for excellent pay. Was treated well and I like the work. New skills were learned and I had an exciting time every shift I worked.
Part time volunteer within Department of Pathology, Anatomic & Surgical Pathology
Lung Cancer Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2017
1-Worked on several IRB approved projects involving Lung Carcinoma
2-Reviewed the pathology slides, reclassified the tumors, selected sections and blocks, marked appropriate areas and constructed tissue microarray blocks
Nice activities
Biomedical Engineer/NetWork Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2017
It is nice place to work at, job security and friendly coworkers.

You can take your time and learn new things because you always have extra free time.
Pros
Many ans nice parties during chrismas time
Cons
Busy area
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2017
This was a great, interesting job. A typical day at work involved some variety, some monotony, and many interesting and diverse people to interact with. However, during my time here, the management changing hands was a constant source of frustration.
Pros
The beautiful Hyde Park campus
Cons
Sometimes tedious
Productive workplace
Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
Overall good place to work, that can use some adjustments on the treatment of its workers. The management is pretty good, but some people can get personal feelings mixed up in the workplace. I don't personally have this problem, but saw the outcome of situations in my department that put the strain on the other employees.
Beautiful facility, but the people are rude.
Sterile Processing Tech II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2017
This place is has management issues. Unless you're comfortable with being micromanaged and harassed by incompetent people, don't apply for anything in Sterile Processing.
Focus on patient care, interesting problems to solve
End User Support Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2017
The University of Chicago Medicine is a great place to work. I don't anyone who is not busy. In my experience innovation, and novel approaches to problem solving is encouraged. It takes dedication and passion regarding your work 10+ days are normal.
Pros
Problem solving
Cons
Worklife balance
Pre Analytical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2017
The university of Chicago is a great organization. I would recommend it to any person look for a job. The only disadvantage is that you have to pay $150.00 approximately per month in parking fees or risk having you car broken into if you park on the roadside
Pros
job security
Cons
High parking fees
The University of Chicago is very productive
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2017
Working at the University of Chicago Hospital is a great. The nurses are very nice and working with them to help the night go smooth is awesome. Anyone who works here will love the dynamics of the place. Everyone is very helpful when it comes to patient care.
Pros
Located on the southside of Chicago
Cons
You pay too much to park in the garage.
Excellent team members and great learning environment
Orthopedic Certified Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2017
The PT team here makes for excellent coworkers. Everyone is always willing to learn more to advance the profession and mentor each other. Highly recommend!
A typical day....
RN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2017
It is crazy busy, good team work in my department.

The culture can be challenging but I love my job.

Learning is essential and there is little accountability for basic knowledge. but it is there if you want it.
Great Plact To Work
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2017
A dynamic place to work with a lot of opportunities for advancement and experience in various facets. Also, a lot of employee benefits that is a great addition to the compensation of being a employee of prestigious medical center.
Great place to work. I enjoyed working there.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoyed working there. Patient satisfaction was taken very seriously. Medical Staff very dedicated to the patients.
very good
S.P.D. Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2017
I liked working in the environment. I was working evenings at the time was a good choice now I would like to work days. My experience was a very good one I was working with the nurses and doctors.
Great benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2017
great benefits great pay d/t union. learn quite a bit. dont care for the residents at time. not much autonomy as in community hospital.100% tuition reimbursement
excellent ER patient care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
a typical day working in ER is very fast pacing, busy, stressful, but with excellent team work and patient care. I learn something new every day because there is always something new and exciting in the ER. Management team is good. Workplace culture is excellent, excellent and excellent with great team work. The hardest part of the job is seeing a patient dying despite of everything we had tried. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see patients' smiling face and saying, "thank you, nurse, I feel so much better now".
Patient Service Coordinator
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
I currently schedule sleep studies, i have a great support team and i really love working for University of Chicago Hospital, but i am interested in relocating out of Chicago, i have recently worked on the hospital inpatient floors as a unit coordinator, i have worked in the Neurology clinic as a patient service coordinator, scheduling patients, checking patients in and out, taking co-payment, answering phones, making doctor templates, opening and closing templates, faxing, copying, etc.
loved working there
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2017
great place to work, great co-workers, good balance of home life and work, able to move around to other departments to gain experiance
A day in the life of a PICU nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pediatric Intensive Care UnitJanuary 30, 2017
Never knowing what my day is going to look like is a norm. One day can be smooth, well controlled and predictable; while the very next day with the very same patient can be a chaotic mess. I have learned to prioritize every thing and every moment of the day. I have learned to notice the small things and react quickly. I have learned that being a step ahead is crucial.
The hardest part of my job is the obvious - losing kids to unstoppable forces and watching their parents grieve. It is an unfortunate event that comes with the job, and it does not get easier. Our team makes it a priority to sacrifice ourselves to attempt to save these patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is my team. We are in it all together and no one is alone. Support is in abundance.
Workplace culture is very important to me. As a PICU nurse, I rely on my team, therefore being accepting and sensitive to other cultures is vital. Acceptance and understanding of others leads to increased knowledge.
Educational
Research Assistant Internship: Hospitalist Project (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2017
The job taught the importance of research in a healthcare setting. It allowed employees to improve customer service skills. It also gave an insight into the downfalls of healthcare.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Not challenging