The University of Chicago Hospitals Employee Reviews

Great Environment
PSC (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2017
A typical day at the Forefront of Medicine is very exciting and awesome. You learn something new every day. I work with a excellent group of Doctors and Nursing Staff. Management is GREAT. My Directors and Managers are great with staff. They interact well with us and try to be fair in scheduling and etc. There isn't nothing I can say bad or negative about the workplace. The University of Chicago is definitely a great place to work and to learn.
Cancer Registrar (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
The University of Chicago Hospitals is a great institution to work for. They offer many opportunities for growth. Great healthcare coverage. They also offer opportunities for continuing education.
Good
Housekeeper Asst. IV (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2017
Good place to work. Would like to see pay increases with responsibility increases. Also more consistency in management would be nice. Overall the departments in which I have worked have been good. The majority of my employment here was in the same department which speaks on its own behalf.
good place to work for
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2017
It's a friendly place to work at and you will get the training that you need. If you want to continue your education they will work with you on that. The hours are nice
Housekeeping
Housekeeping/EVS Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2017
Inspecting patient rooms daily to insure hospital quality and standard.
Conducting orientation training, housekeeping training, explaining policies and work procedures Investigated guest complaints regarding services, equipment and took corrective actions
Efficient in making the notice board up to date with the relevant information
UCMC is truly trying to be "on the forefront of medicine"
Assistant Director Med Safety (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2017
UCMC lives up to its "on the forefront of medicine" branding. It is ever evolving and trying to be on the cutting edge of healthcare. I would recommend cancer care at UCMC to anyone in need.

As an employer, it can be very supportive of its employees and their ideas.
Great place to work and much room for advancement
Supply Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2017
Great stepping stone to develop skills to move forward in life. They offer full paid tuition for career advancement. The culture and environment give a positive feeling to each and every employee.
productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2017
The work load can be a little heavy at times but overall the hospitals has great growth and the pay is one of the top paying hospitals in the world and in the state.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Review
Nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2017
great job. nice people got alone with everyone will apply for this jib again in the near future. writing this is a waste of my time thinks indeed u complicated
Wonderful hospital
Floating Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
Great learning environment, wonderful management and charge nurses, great educational programs for new nurses, very welcoming and friendly co-workers.
work summary
lead (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 29, 2017
Management is horrible. Very segregated. Management has a habit of hiring friends. Work policies are not conducive with the entire institution. Management hates when you are away from your desk more than 5 mins. its affects your work performance
Great Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2017
This is a great place to work, and the pay is pretty good. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to work in health care. This is a teaching hospital and you will definetly learn a lot.
Pros
Great pay good benifits
what I learned
Emergency Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed working here.My colleagues were great and always taught me something new in the field. i looking forward to applying to come back once I receive my Masters Degree
Well compensated, but....
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILMay 20, 2017
There is a lot going on and you are expected to put in a yeoman's work. I understand the business environment is difficult (do more with less), but at some point burn out will set in. There is no good way to get to Darien and Hyde Park from the north or northwest suburbs. Better live nearby, NW Indiana, or southwest suburbs.
Pros
compensation
Cons
work/life
Diverse organization
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 16, 2017
The University of Chicago is a wonderful place to work, with great benefits. My coworkers and I support one another with any and all task. It is a great department to work in and a great hospital to work for.
Beautiful place to work
Food Service relief worker/ Meal attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2017
NIce to place to work especially if your raising children very flexible schedule, conviently located, and nice environment. They also assist with tuition reimbursement if you plan on going back to school.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Needs better management
Medical Technologist
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
I've worked for UCMC for ten years and have really enjoyed the experience. A medical technologist can be a somewhat stressful job, but there are perks. I've got a great home/work balance and work does not come home with me. I'm looking to move on because I feel I've just outgrown the position. There will never be room for advancement and the commute for is just to long.
Pros
Work/life balance, reliable job security, low work level stress.
Cons
Personal commute times, weekend work, disconnect between salary and hourly workers.
Day to Day
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work started at 7 AM, in your respective wings. I learned to communicate with a range of people everyday. This includes patients and their visitors, nurses, and doctors.The hardest part was preparing a room after a patient was discharged from the hospital.
Great side job
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2017
Worked the evening shift for excellent pay. Was treated well and I like the work. New skills were learned and I had an exciting time every shift I worked.
Part time volunteer within Department of Pathology, Anatomic & Surgical Pathology
Lung Cancer Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2017
1-Worked on several IRB approved projects involving Lung Carcinoma
2-Reviewed the pathology slides, reclassified the tumors, selected sections and blocks, marked appropriate areas and constructed tissue microarray blocks